Help! How do you make dingy whites bright again

msim

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
without damaging the colored emblems that are sewn on to the shirts? I have old rusty pipes and my whites look cream now. Does anyone have any guaranteed but safe ideas? Thanks in advance!!! :confused3

I love BIZ color safe bleach. It works wonders on my DH socks and t shirts that he gets filthy! It also brought back the white on one of my old white shirts that hung in the closet forever turned yellow. Good luck.

I soak the clothes in hot water and oxyclean for a while before running the machine. I have good luck with it.

2nd vote for oxi-clean here. Doesn't fade out the stuff on my DS's t-shirts at all.

The Oxy-Clean stuff is good. Another option is the Color safe bleach - I swear by Clorox 2. Just ran a load of men's dress shirts and women's blouses that were crusty with stage makeup with that on a cold wash and they came out without a smudge left and nice and white.

Deb

My mother in law SWEARS by using cascade in the laundry to make whites white again (she used it for years when her kids played softball/baseball so I believe her)
I just keep forgetting to buy some!

Thanks for the great answers. Just one more question- how much oxy-clean, Biz, Cascade, etc., do I use to how many parts water? Thanks again! :cool1:

I usually use more OxyClean than it calls for on the instructions (2-3 capfuls per load). The soaking in hot water part is important and I even run the machine for a minute a couple of times while they're soaking to really get it into the clothes.

I also like OxyClean for organic stains. I can almost always get them out if I keep working it. I get so frustrated with stains on the kids clothes especially. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter