HELP! How Do You Clean Up A Baby Oil Spill?

becka

<font color=green>Proud Mommy of sweet Nathan and
DH left a bottle (almost full) of baby oil sitting by the bath tub with a loose lid. Well as you can imagine it of course was knocked over by DH and now we have a HUGE mess on our bathroom floor. Obviously water alone is not going to clean up the mess....what do we use?

Thanks!

Maybe get up as much of it as you can with paper towels. Then try washing the area with dawn dishwashing soap. It's supposed to be good with oil and grease. I wonder if there's something you can buy that would absorb it and make it easier to clean up. You know the stuff that schools and such use to clean up wet spills.

Wet/dry shop vac? Maybe dilute it with Dawn or something like that? Yeesh...be careful...that stuff's might slippery!

Ooh, how about cat litter or cornstarch...something to absorb it?

Sop up as much as you can, sprinkle the area with cornstarch/flour, let it absorb for a while, dust it up, then go over the floor with dish soap.

Call in a "Super-Fund" clean-up team. It doesn't matter if it's a baby spill or an Exxon Valdez Oil Spill our environment is a stake! :rotfl2:

Beth76 said:
Maybe get up as much of it as you can with paper towels. Then try washing the area with dawn dishwashing soap. It's supposed to be good with oil and grease. I wonder if there's something you can buy that would absorb it and make it easier to clean up. You know the stuff that schools and such use to clean up wet spills.

In the store we use a product called Spill Magic on our oily spills. Works like clumping cat litter.

I would clean up as much as possible with paper towels and then clean the floor with some type of degreasing cleanser.

DAWN dishwashing liquid cuts grease better than anything else I have ever found. I use in on butter stains on clothes as a pre treatment... works wonders!

That orange cleaner made by Greased Lighting...found it in the automotive section at Walmart...it's pretty cheap...abut $4 for a half gallon and it works great. My cousin whose hubby is a truck driver told me about how well it works on his clothes, so thought I'd try it. Well, a couple of summers back DS and his buddies rode their bikes from our melty asphalt road up my driveway and onto my concrete porch...nice little trails. So, grabbed the bottel, squrited down the trails, gave DS and his buddies rags and bucket of water, and told them to get to work. Yep! Every tread trail gone! I use it for practically everything now.

Hmmm...how big is the bathroom? I'd get full use of the baby oil before I cleaned it up

I ditto the Dawn. That stuff works the best on greasy stuff.

Kirk said:
Call in a "Super-Fund" clean-up team. It doesn't matter if it's a baby spill or an Exxon Valdez Oil Spill our environment is a stake! :rotfl2:
They don't work on holidays. OP is on her own with this spill. ;)

First you could use the baby to remove as much as possible ;)
And then I would take cat litter. Just cover the floor with it, let it soak for some time, and then simply use an industrial type vacuum cleaner (If you have one) or simply a brush/broom to remove it.
It even works on motor oil spills, so baby oil should be a piece of cake.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter