Help! gift for my daughter

catwub

Mouseketeer
You all have the best advice so, I am coming here for help. My fiance and I have been together (off and on) for 13 years. We have an eight year old and we have finally gotten through all the knocks and bumps and are getting married August 29th in WDW at the WP:-) Because we are both older, both first marriage and, many other reasons, we wanted this to be very intimate. It will just be us and our 8 yr old dd. She is so excited, for so many reasons, as you can imagine. We have never lived together and she, like us, cannot wait to be a family under one roof. I want to give her something VERY special after our wedding. Can you please help me? something that she will have for a long time, something she might one day pass on to her child. I normally have no problem with things like this, but I just tear up every time I try to think of something. Thanks for any and all help. You all on here are really the BEST!!

Cat

How about framed artwork? This is something that she will have forever and display proudly...

Congratulations!

How about a dvc membership.:wizard: ..You can revisit the place you became a family for many years to come....even your grandchildren will benfit.:)

Maybe a locket containing a picture of you and her dad? Or some other sort of special jewelry?

Congratulations to all of you!

Jen

Well as a gift to my sister I am giving her a locket I had made from picturesongold.com as her gift for being my maid of honor. You should go to that site. It has a lot of special lockets and they arent cheesy or anything.

Congratulations!

I would make up a little treasure chest (the ones covered in pretty satin or fabric) and I would include her own house key on a nice keyring (and get matching ones for you and your DH, since all three of you under one roof is a special occasion too), a pretty journal and a disposable camera (so you can all look back and see how she viewed the day), a letter from each of you telling her what it means to have her witness your marriage and finally, a nice locket that she can pass on to her own daughter one day along with the story of when she got it.

Congratulations!

I would make up a little treasure chest (the ones covered in pretty satin or fabric) and I would include her own house key on a nice keyring (and get matching ones for you and your DH, since all three of you under one roof is a special occasion too), a pretty journal and a disposable camera (so you can all look back and see how she viewed the day), a letter from each of you telling her what it means to have her witness your marriage and finally, a nice locket that she can pass on to her own daughter one day along with the story of when she got it.

That is so cute....
I also like the locket idea...

If you want to go with something disney i'd go for the snow globes...we gave them to our flower girls as something they could always have

What about a memory journal? I got these for all the members of my family and they are supposed to be passed down from generation to generation.

You get these for every member of the family and later generations can see for example your's or your daughters thoughts and feelings at that precise moment in time. It's a wonderful keepsake.

Here is a link to The Book Of Us, which I have bought for my fiance and I:
http://www.amazon.com/Book-Us-Journ..._bbs_sr_1/103-5944813-7134208?ie=UTF8&s=books

Also this wedding journal
http://www.amazon.com/Have-Hold-Wed..._bbs_sr_1/103-5944813-7134208?ie=UTF8&s=books

Here is a link for the daughter book:
http://www.amazon.com/Hold-That-Tho...ef=sr_1_2/103-5944813-7134208?ie=UTF8&s=books

Or this one
http://www.mymemoryjournals.com/child_journal.shtml

Hope it helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter