Help from the budget board???

rcpae

DIS Veteran
I am posting here to get a sampling of Disney goers..

My family of 5 (me, DH, DD11, DD9, and DD8) is planning a Dis trip in Nov. :cool1: We had planned to stay at POR for the week w/trundle (my 8 yo is very small for her age). We are planning 4 park days and a visit to a waterpark. Anyway, my sister had availability thru her timeshare for a 2b/2b full kitchen "room" at the Sheraton Vistana Resort that will cost 400$ less than POR w/our AAA discount. :confused3

I don't want to make a bad decision based on 400$. The resort board suggests on-site...the Orlando Hotels board suggests the Vistana. For all of you that have done both...what do you think?

Thanks for all your help.

It all depends what is more important to you. Are you renting a car?? You have to remember that at POR you will have CONSTANT trasportation to and from the disney parks. At the Vistana it is "scheduled" transportation which means it will only go certain times of day. Another thing you might want to cinsider is the time of year you are going. Are you going over a holiday or at high season?? If you are not staying onsite, and the parks get too crowded-they close the gates. If you stay ONSITE, you are never denied access to the parks. Now, the Vistana is an EXCELLENT resort and I think really a great value. Most of the two bedroom villas have jacuzzis too, which is a nice feature. But, your not onsite.

Have fun whichever one you choose!!

I'd take 2 bedrooms, 2 baths and a kitchen over one room. More space to relax, get your own breakfast in the morning. We always rent a car, even when we stay onsite, but you would need one staying offsite.

rcpae said:

My family of 5 (me, DH, DD11, DD9, and DD8) is planning a Dis trip in Nov. :cool1: We had planned to stay at POR for the week w/trundle (my 8 yo is very small for her age). We are planning 4 park days and a visit to a waterpark. Anyway, my sister had availability thru her timeshare for a 2b/2b full kitchen "room" at the Sheraton Vistana Resort that will cost 400$ less than POR w/our AAA discount. :confused3

I don't want to make a bad decision based on 400$. The resort board suggests on-site...the Orlando Hotels board suggests the Vistana. For all of you that have done both...what do you think?

for quick trips quick fix I use the Seralago for the weekend and always rent a car, or when the whole tribe decided to go I ended up getting a villa with 3 bedroom but this April can't pass the great discount for ASMusic and there's only 2 adults so the space won't be a problem. If it's value season with us 2 adult we go do the POFQ so it realy have to depend on your needs. Hope you have a great time on whatever you plan to choose! Or better yet,split your vacation so you can sample both on and off site or maybe do an on site now then go back off site or the other way around... :rotfl: I better stop here I am getting excited for you! Goodluck!

rcpae said:

My family and I have stayed here several times in the past! The resort is right down the road from WDW, and there was plenty of room for us! I think that room will mean a lot to you, so I say save the $400 and use that for a character meal!

I would vote for more room and an extra $400. On-site is nice, but we love the extra room.

Thanks for all your input. Yes, we will have a car for our entire trip. Our trip falls the week before Thanksgiving, but the week after "Jersey week". I've been told it should not be crowded, although this is considered regular season.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter