Help, Didn’t buy cruise insurance but dad had a bad fall and will need to stay in the hospital, can’t cancel the cruise? Our cruise leaves on Thursday

When considering travel insurance, be sure to read the coverage details before buying it.

We bought Disney's (stupidly) several years ago when a close relative was seriously ill. Fortunately didn't need to use the insurance, because I noticed when about to shred the paperwork after the trip that it didn't cover an emergency resulting from any condition known to exist before the trip.
Yup. That’s is the reason why we never buy Disney insurance for a cruise and do a 3rd party instead. Also Disney insurance doesn’t cover any of the travel to and from the port. And it’s way more $$ for less coverage.

The thing is... It doesn't even take a major accident to derail a big trip. A minor accident/illness poorly timed can do the same thing.

If you can't afford to eat the non-refundable parts of a trip you should buy trip insurance to cover them. (Insurance through the cruise line is the most expensive way to do it. Insurance on your own is generally cheaper with better coverage.)
Agree. Your kid waking up the morning of your cruise with a stomach bug will do the same thing! We always buy insurance for a cruise or any international travel.

Agree. Your kid waking up the morning of your cruise with a stomach bug will do the same thing! We always buy insurance for a cruise or any international travel.

We nearly had to eat a trip to Hawaii because my kid was sick. His fever broke the morning we left.

Now I always make sure we have some sort of travel insurance on non-refundable airplane tickets. (We fly Southwest for family trips domestically, and we have cancelled last minute with them.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter