Help decide where we eat on the wedding night!

ama4889

Earning My Ears
So,

I was reviewing our Disney calendar, and we still don't have an ADR for our wedding night :lmao: which is August 15th. We are having lunch with guests (just parents) that afternoon, so dinner that night will just be the happy and very worn out couple.

It's a Disney wedding, and our planner specifically instructed us to go through her for our ressies that night, so I'm -hoping- that means we have a little extra wiggle room as far as availability.

I'm considering 'Ohana - we already have breakfast there one day, but 'Ohana is a very prominent concept in our relationship :lovestruc and Lilo and Stitch is one of my favorites. I'm not sure what to expect there though.

Also considering (and planner suggested) California Grill.

DH-to-be did manage to get CRT breakfast ressies for the next morning!

'Ohana is not very romantic and not very relaxing. I would go for somewhere very low-key like Artist Pointe.

I tend to agree about Ohana, Artist Point is an excellent choice. Where are you staying? That might help with some ideas.

Hmmmm--for the wedding night I'd see if I could do room service and have a special private meal just for the two of us if I were you!

Thanks for the suggestions thus far - I'll look into Artist Point, is it hard to get to?

We are staying at Coronado Springs and then switching to an AKV studio on Sunday.

I would plan to eat at your resort. We've never eaten at Maya Grill, so I don't know how it is. I doubt you'll want to go out, when the time comes though.

Room Service would be my first choice.:hug:
Artist's Point would follow close behind.:love:

Best Wishes on your approaching marriage! party:

Narcoosse's! Leave Ohana for a few years down the road when you have kids....unless you want birth control because all those kids running around will do it for ya! :lmao:

Congrats on your wedding! For super-romantic: Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian. That's our most favorite restaurant on the planet!! :thumbsup2 DH and I had our 10th wedding anniversary dinner there and again for our 14th (but with my sister and brother-in-law). Any excuse to eat there!! :goodvibes

Congrats on your wedding! For super-romantic: Victoria and Albert's at the Grand Floridian. That's our most favorite restaurant on the planet!! :thumbsup2 DH and I had our 10th wedding anniversary dinner there and again for our 14th (but with my sister and brother-in-law). Any excuse to eat there!! :goodvibes

Of course, V&A is the nicest place--but I don't think it is where I would want to go given the OP's particular circumstance.

Cali Grill is a wonderful place to eat. The food is fantastic and the view is amazing! That's where DF and I are eating the night after the wedding, it will be our first meal as husband and wife without other family members. Congrats on your wedding :goodvibes

Cali Grill vote here instead...I would say V&A if you could swing it, but if not, CG is a less stuffy option with good food and an amazing view!

Already having lunch out with parents? Tired/happy couple? Wedding night?
To me, that all adds up to room service. JMHO.

Thank you all...

DF and I have no idea if we're going to be exhausted, or endlessly excited from Disney magic.

A lot of you seem to think we will be tired :lmao:

I did like the room service idea, but the menu I saw for CSR menu was terrible! Fried chicken bucket? Do they allow flexibility? Could we order something from Maya Grill instead? It's a shame because our AKV room service menu is nice...

Otherwise, now I'm down to either Cali Grill, Maya Grill (I saw some great reviews here, but I had ruled it out earlier because I am very picky with southwestern food), or Narcoosee's...

Again, thank you all :cloud9:

Hi there:

After my intimate wedding, I had my wedding dinner at Ohana's. I thought it was very relaxing and romantic. We had 15 people in our dinner party. I loved it and it was my first time there. All the little girls kept following me and thought I was cinderella.
Everyone was happy with the food and embiance.
Hope that helps.
Congrats!
Gabrielle

Of course, V&A is the nicest place--but I don't think it is where I would want to go given the OP's particular circumstance.

"Particular circumstance"? Did I miss something? :confused: DH and I honeymooned at WDW and, if I had to do it again, would've had dinner at V&A had we known about it. Of course back then, there was no internet..... ;)

So,

I was reviewing our Disney calendar, and we still don't have an ADR for our wedding night :lmao: which is August 15th. We are having lunch with guests (just parents) that afternoon, so dinner that night will just be the happy and very worn out couple.
A lot of you seem to think we will be tired :lmao: I

I think people are just going off your original post. ;)

I would suggest California Grill, Narcoosees or Artist Point. If you are picky about Mexican/Southwestern food, I would be willing to bet that you will not like Maya Grill. Being a Texan and having Mexican in-laws, I can tell you that what they serve in all of Disney property as Mexican food is nothing close to the sort.

Me personally, I'd be going with Narcoossee's for a nice romantic wedding night dinner. We went this past November and the whole atmosphere was just incredible. And if you time your dinner right, you can see the fireworks at MK and the electrical water pageant in the lagoon.

I would suggest Ohana, just ask for a table by the window, we did and it was very nice...last time however, the table for us two was RIGHT next to the walkway and got crazy when the kids did the hula parade plus parents were literally leaning on us trying to get pics of their kid. One kid bumped into our salad bowl! NOT FUN> especially since we dont have kids. Now i know to sit by the window. Other than that Ohana has always been great!

Narcoossee is one of our fancy dinners for the trip, it looks romantic too.

We ate at Cali Grill and thought it was the most romantic part of our Honeymoon. Dinner and then a viewing of Wishes from the top of the CR. It was so special!

In-room dining sounds very romantic, as well. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter