Help!!! Contemporary 14th Fl Experts!!!

DisneyMomJen

DIS Veteran
Please don't flame me for this, but I need some advice. I just called this morning for AP discount at Contemporary for a tower room. There were no discounts available except for concierge. 14th Floor!!! Which I would love, but there are 6 of us - 4 children, the youngest 2 years old. I was told there are only 2 queen beds, so this sleeps 5 with an infant. I asked if a roll way could be brought in and they said 'no, the most it fits is 5'.
My questions are:
Do you think there is anyway possible that we could possibly fit 6 of us in the room without it being noticeable?
Is the 14th Floor really that wonderful?

I have 2 14th Fl rooms reserved at $420 a night which comes to $936 a night for the 6 of us vs $345 plus taxes for a 1 Standard Tower. This would be for 3 nights before we move over to the Beach Club 2 Bedroom for 10 nights.

Thanks for any advice!!!

DisneyMomJen said:
Please don't flame me for this, but I need some advice. I just called this morning for AP discount at Contemporary for a tower room. There were no discounts available except for concierge. 14th Floor!!! Which I would love, but there are 6 of us - 4 children, the youngest 2 years old. I was told there are only 2 queen beds, so this sleeps 5 with an infant. I asked if a roll way could be brought in and they said 'no, the most it fits is 5'.
My questions are:
Do you think there is anyway possible that we could possibly fit 6 of us in the room without it being noticeable?
Is the 14th Floor really that wonderful?

I have 2 14th Fl rooms reserved at $420 a night which comes to $936 a night for the 6 of us vs $345 plus taxes for a 1 Standard Tower. This would be for 3 nights before we move over to the Beach Club 2 Bedroom for 10 nights.

Thanks for any advice!!!

We've spent a whole week on the 14th floor. It was wonderful. Can you "sneek" and extra person in? No, the conceirge desk is right next to the elevator and it is manned from 7am - 10pm. Unless there up doing something, there is nearly always someone at the desk. The conceirge's are very nice and they do learn everybodies name. Since the floor has such a few number of rooms & suites (16, I think), it's easy to do.

The rooms are large. Plenty of room for a roll away if it is allowed.

So there is no daybed on the 14th floor like other Tower rooms? Can anyone confirm that is correct? That seems odd to me but I have never stayed there. We are scheduled for a tower room for 5 people but not on the 14th floor. I know our room has a day bed.

No, accordng to CRO there is no daybed on the 14th floor.
I have call into the 14th floor right now to see if we can do a roll away with 6 people. CRO told me that they could not do adjoining rooms on the 14th and I do not feel completely comfortable separating my kids into a non-adjoining room.

I was told that since we are a family of 6, if we wanted 14th floor we had to do a suite as there is no daybed in the 14th floor regular rooms.

There is no way we could afford to bump up to that (I think it was close to $1,000/night - I can't remember). So, we are in a regular tower room for us.

Hi, we are a family of 5 and the regular rooms on the 14th floor do not even sleep 5 people. They will not bring a rollaway in. They will sleep 4 people max. I wouldn't even try to sneak anyone in as there are so few rooms/people up there the concierge staff would notice for sure. I am not against it, just that is my feeling regarding getting caught. :earsgirl:

I stayed in a 14th floor magic kingdom one bedroom suite over Thanksgiving week last yr and would NEVER do it again. Don't get me wrong - my family LOVES the CR, however we were extremely disappointed in the 14th floor - especially considering all the wonderful things about it on the DIS. The room we had was a run down, disgusting mess. Dirty scuffed up walls, ceiling tiles caving in, OLD microwave -oldest I have ever seen - Scummy grout and tiling, strange toilet drip on the wall from the handle (it was like a public bathroom toilet with the flush handle on the wall - nasty) yucky paint job in and around closet, EVERYTHING was old, dirty, poorly maintained. There was no "stocked" fridge, no "gold" card, no DVD player - NOTHING [/B]special at all regarding the 14th floor. I was underimpressed with the food offerings, too. Very lame and frozenish food. We have stayed at the CR about 20 times over the past 12 yrs and stayed tower club and not been disappointed. We thought we would "splurge" this time over the holidays and we were sorely SORELY bummed that we spent the money that we did. I just highly recommend you don't do the suite. It was way over priced and very VERY SHABBY. I had the same deal that you had - 2 rooms reserved with ap rates. I called to verify that they were connecting, and they were not. They were across the hall from eachother. CRO does not know very much at all about the 14th floor rooms. They told me I needed to switch to a suite as I have 3 kids and my DH and I didn't want to sleep in different rooms - Dah. So I did - no discount - big bucks and big mistake. Just a warning to you. I am not exaggerating. The 14th floor is HIGHLY OVERRATED. I am a Disney nut - going again tomorrow - but it would NEVER stay 14th floor again. I have been over 35 times and stayed at all deluxes, but never had a disgusting disappointment like that one.

Just my HONEST opinion. The room is over $1200/night. I just saw your last post regarding tower rooms. They are worth it for the price. I LOVE tower club for the concierge accessiblity and the nice bfast. That is worth it, for the location alone, but those suites need some serious maintenance updates. The Contemporary has lost my business. I won't even bother to stay at that resort again. There are so many better choices. My kids are not happy as it is still their favorite, but they weren't paying the $1200/night and they don't notice dirt and grunge. (one daughter is legally blind, one is 5 and my son is a teenager - what do they know??? :rolleyes: LOL)

Lives4Disney :earsgirl:

DisneyMomJen said:
No, accordng to CRO there is no daybed on the 14th floor.
I have call into the 14th floor right now to see if we can do a roll away with 6 people. CRO told me that they could not do adjoining rooms on the 14th and I do not feel completely comfortable separating my kids into a non-adjoining room.

Wow, I learned something today. Thanks for the info.

A couple of years ago we splurged on the 14th floor and we didn't even get a discount with my annual pass. I'm have become hooked on the concierge at the hotels with the exception of the 14th floor at the Contemporary. Our room had a great view of the Magic Kingdom which couldn't be beat but the room was a dump. I couldn't believe how run down it was and what we paid for it. Also of all the concierge's we've tried ( GF, Poly, BC, & WL) this was the most disappointing. I had read before we went that the food is brought down from the California Grill which is an excellent restaurant so I figured the food we were given would be a little in line with that quality but it was very disappointing. If money is no option for you maybe the suite would be nice for all the extra room but I would look into other options if you are looking to stay on the monorail hotels such as the 12th floor CR (which is more limited) or the Poly or the GF. Good Luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter