HELP!! Cat. 4 to Adj. Cat. 9s!!!

kellimomo3

Busy mom to 3 prince charmings (maybe someday?)
Well....after much advice and guidance from these boards, I just got off the phone with DCL and switched our reservation. The poor woman, I was so well informed on the pros and cons of every stateroom that she had to give me about 25 choices before we settled on one!! We are a family of 5 and we originally booked in category four room #8028. I was getting a little nervous because we have three young ACTIVE little boys and after reading a lot of posts on the subject realized we would all be much happier in two adjoining rooms. Then my nerves kicked in...what if they only had noisy rooms left, what if it was a bad location???
Anyway...we finally settled on adjoining category 9's. I was trying to get 10's but there were no good ones left. We are in #2638 & #2640. I would really love to hear from anyone who had either of these rooms or ones nearby. They look to be in a good location, aft and below Parrot Cay.
Please reassure me so I can relax and get back to blissful anticipation!!!
Thanks!!
:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Did you get adjoining rooms or connecting rooms? Did you want connecting rooms? I hate to be a terminology stickler - but to Disney - the Connecting rooms connect, the adjoining rooms are next to each other.

We got rooms with a connecting door. I had read so much about Disney's teminology that I made sure when I spoke to them that there was indeed a connecting door between the two rooms. I also looked in my Passporter and they show them as connecting.

I just noticed that these are in the "noisy range" on Dave's sight, but when I searched the room #s on DIS forum, they seem to have fine reviews. I think they are listed as rooms to avoid if you don't need connecting becuase of the noise from the connecting door??
I really would like to hear from someone who stayed in these room!!! Please reply!!!

Hi, this past February we were in room 2650, and it was quite noisy. The engine noise is quite loud. This did not bother us at all, but my sil thought it was quite bad. Sorry, maybe your room is not as close as ours to the engines..I have no idea...:confused:

Sherrie,
I don't think engine noise would really bother us. We are all used to sleeping with sound machines and intend to bring them along on the cruise. My concern is more loud, sudden noises like from above. Did you hear any of theat?? Your room is 6 or 7 down from where we will be.
Thanks!!

Hi,

I can not say that we heard any loud noises from above, just the engine noises. ANd when you port you hear the whatever you call it going down to dock.. Sorry clueless as to what this is called....

You sound a lot like us, with the noise of the engines putting us to sleep. I hope you enjoy your cruise, as a matter of fact, I know you will....

:)

Just a note from personal cruise experiences not necessarliy this ship.
Rooms to the aft seem to be noisy and slight vibrations frrm the engines. Especially that far down.
I do not like to be under restaurants. Had two bad experiences with noise.
I have however stayed in a Cat 4 (8528) on the Magic and it was my best cruise experience (family of 5 DD8 , DD 5, DS2). I do not know the ages of your boys or the price difference and I may be in the minority. but I wouldn't stay in two cat 9's or 10's over a Cat 4.
Nothing can take the place of the verandah. It is so much more convenient to pools and other activities. For the amount of time you spend in the room there is really no need for two rooms.
How old are your boys and what are your sleeping arrangemnts going to be. I wouldn't want my kids sleeping alone in a room that had an exit door, or do you and your spouse plan on sleeping in different cabins

Originally posted by kellimomo3
Anyway...we finally settled on adjoining category 9's. I was trying to get 10's but there were no good ones left. We are in #2638 & #2640. :earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: pirate: pirate:

Hey! Those are our cabins! But in August. We'll try to leave them nice for you. ;)

I'll let you know in September how we liked them. You might have enough time to change if you have to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter