Help - best transport from DLR to The Grove/Farmer's Market

Aust

DIS Veteran
I need help! My daughter is desperate to go to the American Girl shop at The Grove on our upcoming trip. My husband was going to drive a rental car to LA, but he's changed his mind and doesn't want to drive any more.

I can't find any coach tours that would suit us - we've already seen Hollywood/Santa Monica etc and don't want to have to be on a tour all day just for an hour at The Grove. I can't find any shopping tours that go there. And I'm not sure if public transport is a good option.

Any ideas? Thanks

Honestly, your best/only suitable option is a rental car.

Public transport from Anaheim into Hollywood is almost nonexistent. There *is* a bus that goes from Downtown LA to DLR and back but it takes 2 hours, and you're still a good 1 1/2 hours away and a few more buses from the Grove.

I've taken that bus myself approximately 1 time before I could drive and my sister and I were desperate to go to DLR a day our mom couldn't take us. We vowed never again!

Ask your DH to please reconsider the rental because American Girl Place truly is wonderful for a girl who loves the doll (as I do!). Make sure to make a reservation to eat in the cafe. I used to work there and it's a magical little place. :D

I'm going to try and convince him to drive the rental car - hopefully he'll get over his fear because my youngest daughter especially wants so much to go! If not I am going to see how much a private transfer will cost (too much probably) but will consider it as an option.

I know I could drive myself, but I'm more scared than him!

Not to dissuade you, but the traffic around there is really bad. Try to go during the week mid-day or after rush hour. We went to The Grove one Saturday and it took about an hour to get from the freeway to the parking structure.

If you go on a Monday or Tuesday, they film Dancing with the Stars next door. We've been twice and have cruised around The Grove after for dinner. It's a fun place.

I'm another one who would recommend renting a car. You could take public transportation, but it would add significantly to your travel time. With a rental car you can go to the Grove/Farmers Market and spent however much time you want, then visit other local places in the area.

I usually take visitors to that area, Santa Monica, Hollywood, etc. Yes, there is traffic, but because it's busy people usually drive slower.

I drove in Europe and it was crazy there (plus tight squeezes) so I can understand your caution, but I think you'll be happy afterwards once you have done it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter