Help advice please passports

markuehl

Mouseketeer
Ok my husband and I have passports we are going tonight to get our kids passports for our June 15 dream cruise honestly would not mind saving the two hundred fifty dollars!!! But safety first but would like some opinions please thank you!!!!

Opinions on what - on whether or not you should get the kids passports? Or you've already decided to get the kids passports and you want to know if it's the right decision?

If you and your DH already have passports, consider the following three possibilities. 1. Assume that if there is a crisis at home, and your children don't have passports, only you or your husband will be able to fly home on an urgent basis from another country -- and the other adult can remain with your children.
2. Assume that your children won't fall ill in another country and have to return to the U.S. on an urgent basis, requiring a passport for one or more children.
3. Assume that if there were a crisis of some sort, you would prefer to travel with your whole family.
Only you can pick the best alternative for your family.

Well we plan on going tonight but my sister thought it was not NESSARY and the idea of saving the money apeals to me so I kind if want to either be talked out of it or into it Lol

Can't hurt to have the passports. Especially if you are considering another trip out of the country at some point.

You'll get a zillion opinions. IF you have a normal, uneventful cruise and return to Port Canaveral on the Dream.....you've spent the money for "nothing" or "peace of mind." (depending on your view)

On the other hand, if one of your kids falls and breaks a leg or develops a hot appendix or whatever and you didn't get the passports, you are now faced with interacting with the government and getting emergency passport(s) in addition to dealing with the medical issues. NO, lack of a passport will not keep you from returning to the US or from getting medical care. It will just add another layer to your stress.

You decide. Another factor to consider is when/if you might use a passport again.

Peace of mind was a good enough reason to spend the dough for us. Also you need them to get into Canada now-and we only live an hour and a half from there and go every now and again. Use your own judgement.

Ok thanks for the opinions we are on our way to get the passports right now well the kids passports we have ours already peace of mind I guess priceless!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter