Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get all the help & information I can get about the "dos & donts" as a Food Service Cast Member at Disney World.

I'll start Traditions Saturday.
How many days is Tradition Classes for Food Service members?

Do they give you a orientation packet of where you'll be working?

Will I be sitting in a classroom watching videos or will there be some hands on training?

Will there be a tour?

I also wanted to know about the hub cause I will definitely be using it to book my hotel stay.
Also what's the best hotel/motel do you recommend for weekly/monthly stay?

Is pay weekly/biweekly?

How many hours will Part Time receive?

Im sure I'll have alot more questions, but til then any and all information will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you

Hi and congrats on landing a job at Disney! I actually worked QSFB at Caseys and Tomorrowland Terrace last year so I think I can answer most of these :stitch:

-If I remember correctly I believe there were 2 days of Tradition classes. The first day you are with a bunch of other cast members from different roles (attractions, performers, transportation, etc). Then you get split up into whichever role you are in. The second day you are with other Food and Beverage cast.

-They don't give you a packet about food and beverage but you do get a ton of papers about Disney in general. Day 2 of Traditions you will get papers on what your schedule will be, where to show up the first day, a map of your location, and the costumes you will need. You also get your ID, name tag, work shoes, and costumes during Traditions.

-You will be sitting in a classroom watching instructional videos for both days a majority of the time. Day 1 will be nothing but videos; the coordinators will ask you questions and you write information down. These videos are mainly about Disney, how the company started, the different hotels and roles there are, how to treat guests. You will get a break and after break is when you split off into a different room to watch more videos. The second room you go into will be with other Food and Beverage cast. You get little gifts and a special guest stops by the room to welcome you. Then you go to the computer room to take some online tests about food safety if you haven't already done it. There isn't much hands on training, just lots and lots of videos. Trust me, you will be sitting and watching videos for a majority of the time.

-Yes, there will be a tour! It's the most fun part of the day! The tour happens on Day 1 I believe. I don't know where you will be working but I personally worked at Magic Kingdom so that's where my tour was. Everyone in the class got on a bus that took us backstage to MK. I honestly can't remember if we went through the tunnels or not. We walked through Main Street, the Circus area, and Fantasyland. We never went through Adventure, Frontier, or Tomorrow. The tour was about an hour long. They point out a lot of things on Main Street. Then they let us walk around on our own. We were supposed to go up to working cast members and ask them some questions and observe how they were working and interacting with guests. Then we got back on the bus and went back to DU.

-The Hub is really cool. You sign up for The Hub during Traditions and can start using it immediately after that. You can obviously access at home. That's where you go to check your schedule, you can pick up shifts in other locations/parks, you can see all your discounts, upcoming events and announcements. One of the coolest things about the Hub is the cast events you can sign up for. They have previews and screenings only available to cast. They also have fun stuff like Yoga in front of the castle which was really fun.

-I don't know much about booking hotels through the Hub as I never did it, nor about weekly/monthly hotel stays nearby. Sorry.

-Pay is always weekly, every Thursday I believe.

-I worked Seasonal Full Time so I am not sure on Part Time hours. I heard they can go up to 32 hours though.

Tips:

The classrooms can get really cold especially sitting there for 8 hours, so maybe bring a cardigan or sweater.

It will be mind blowingly hot during your tour especially since you're wearing business attire, just keep that in mind.

You'll get mini breaks as well, 10-15 minutes long. Bring some snacks with you (a granola bar, juice, candy). There's also a Company D store that has discounted Disney merch you could check that out during breaks too.

Bring money for food, you get an hour lunch at the DU cafe.

Talk to anybody and everybody, even those not at your table. Most likely no one will know each other at Traditions.

After your first 2 days of Traditions you will start working. Show up at least 45 minutes early to park, board the bus, find your location.

Have fun and good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter