Hello-It'sSmee! A July 2020 "It's Good to Be Bad AND Back" TR *Link to new TR 2/21*

This is my absolute favorite picture. Pretty sure it exemplifies the entire night. You're dying laughing. Jenny is well Jenny. And Steve is just popping in to see what you two crazy girls are up to ❤

Now for Kari @kastoney so she doesn't stop reading my report: my I present, our dinner:

This was DELICIOUS! Of course the pretzel roll but that soup-mmm!
I've been eyeing this up on the menu. Pretzels + Cheese + Beer. Sign me up

Aged Gouda Macaroni and Cheese, Brussels Sprouts, Oxtail Marmalade, Red Wine-Sweet Onion Jus

So happy to hear that CG redeemed itself for you. And Oxtail Marmalade??? A. Way to go Ariane and B. YUM!!!! I make an oxtail ragu about once a year. Its crazy rich but oh so good.

SO glad we returned to CG and while we don't have it set for our trip this month we will not wait another 4 years to go again.
What do you know, presuming I can get my husband to Florida and inside a restaurant I did make a reservation for 5 instead of 3 here. Ya know just in case :D

On Labor Day Chris asked to go shopping so we took him to a mall about 45 minutes away.
Chris? Your Chris? Went shopping? Even I don't do that :earboy2:

his is my absolute favorite picture. Pretty sure it exemplifies the entire night. You're dying laughing. Jenny is well Jenny. And Steve is just popping in to see what you two crazy girls are up to ❤
You pretty much nailed it :goodvibes Although after you watch Jenny's vlog you may find another part of the night that exemplifies it better........................I should send you the uncut version :cool1:
've been eyeing this up on the menu. Pretzels + Cheese + Beer. Sign me up
SO good! Different than the other beer/cheese soups you find in Disney in a really good way. I actually enjoyed the celery root foam if you can believe it.
What do you know, presuming I can get my husband to Florida and inside a restaurant I did make a reservation for 5 instead of 3 here. Ya know just in case :D
Awesome! Just a tiny bit of work needed on your part! Do what ya gotta do..............................
hris? Your Chris? Went shopping? Even I don't do that :earboy2:
I know right? He does enjoy his name brand clothes though and recently decided he wanted jeans which he hasn't worn since he was like 9. I thought finding some would be a disaster but luckily it happened rather quick! Ricky on the other hand has me buy all his clothes or now that he actually has his own $ orders online. So he's more like you I'm sure!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: Still laughing at the birthday dinner vlog! Dear goodness ( not the words I'd normally use but being polite for the dis:rotfl::thumbsup2) there's wiser locked up!
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:You are most definitely the people I want to celebrate my birthday! W w w w w w w w wait - you're going to be doing that soon!party:

Good Monday morning all!
Had a relaxing weekend, the family came over for my stepsons birthday 🎂 yesterday and then I had a ZOOM call with 5 of my girlfriends from college. I realized last minute I only had one candle but I DID have Rapunzel left from my birthday cake. I asked my DGD if we should put her on Daddy's cake and she said "YEAH!"

On Saturday my best friend and I took a walk on the Walkway Over the Hudson, she forced me but I felt great afterwards! I hadn't walked it in about a year.

That was the view about half way through, it's the Mid-Hudson bridge in Poughkeepsie. The Walkway is an old railroad bridge that burned down in 1974 redone in 2009

The Walkway over the Hudson (also known as the Poughkeepsie Bridge, Poughkeepsie Railroad Bridge, Poughkeepsie–Highland Railroad Bridge, and High Bridge) is a steel cantilever bridge spanning the Hudson River between Poughkeepsie, New York, on the east bank and Highland, New York, on the west bank. Built as a double track railroad bridge, it was completed on January 1, 1889, and formed part of the Maybrook Railroad Line of the New Haven Railroad.
It was taken out of service on May 8, 1974, after it was damaged by fire. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979, and its entry updated in 2008.[2][3]
It was reopened on October 3, 2009, as a pedestrian walkway as part of the new Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park.

It's the 2nd longest foodbridge in the world at 1.28 miles. When you get to the end there are restrooms (yay!) food and drink stands and now a mask stand. It's a great walk with gorgeous views!

Oh and if you haven't watched Jenny's CG vlog posted here and in her TR - you are missing a CLASSIC :oops:

In other news we leave for Disney in EIGHT DAYS!!!

And even though we were just there in July the days seem to be dragging! Possibly because we'll be at my absolute favorite resort this time; or possibly because we cannot wait to see our friends Joe and Jenny @Jenny Sanders again. And possibly because we have another close DIS friend (and maybe her DH) joining us too!!

Anyway thought I'd give a little rundown of our plans which, if you know us, you know will most likely change in a few ways. We do have more dining reservations than usual simply because it's harder to get them later in the evening. We also found in July we liked doing a TS breakfast a couple days since there isn't as much of a rush to get to the parks. So here we go!
Sept. 22nd: arrive to Wilderness Lodge hopefully around 6:30 to check in for our first stay in Boulder Ridge Villas. Also hope to make it to DS for our 7:45 reservation at Terralina Crafted Italian which will also be new to us!
Sept. 23rd: Happy 60th Birthday to my DH! He'll get up early as always while I sleep in a bit; going to Epcot so no need to rush! No big breakfast because we'll do the festival booths and I think I want to catch Mariachi Cobra at the theater. They aren't a fave of ours but since it's like the only entertainment we'll check them out. Dinner right now is at Il Mulino with Jenny and Joe but if Narcoossee's reservations open soon we'll try switching to there!
Sept. 24th: Today is HS with Jenny and Joe :goodvibes Sine we "cough cough" didn't ride ROTR in July we'll be there in time to try for a 10:00 BG. However my first ride will be TOT hopefully twice because the line was pretty crazy all day in July when it wasn't down. Lunch is at HBD with the J's! I don't think we'll stay here all day at all unless we don't get a BG at 10 and decide to try at 2 but depends on the lines/crowds and if we want to stay. So definitely a return to our room and possibly some pool time - or Geyser Point time?
Dinner will be a bit of an up in the air thing with our as of yet unnamed DIS friends joining us and possibly Jenny and Joe. We have reservations at Jaleo and plan to do a progressive eat-around-DS type thing if crowds allow. Jaleo will be new to us; other stops could include WBG, Boathouse, Jock Lindsay's.

Sept. 25th: MK today! We are starting with breakfast at WCC since it's right there and MK doesn't open until 9. Not even sure we need to get to MK for opening as it's not our only day. On our own as Jenny and Joe I think are at AK but we'll meet up for dinner later at the Wave! They enjoyed their dinner there in July, we've only been to breakfast so ANOTHER new place which we love to do! Again hoping for some pool or GP time and hope all our friends can join us either before or after dinner.
Sept. 26th: Yup AK! But first, breakfast at Trattoria. I haven't gotten this far in the TR yet but we ate here in July and LOVED it. Then AK and hopefully J&J stop in for a bit before heading to St. Pete! If we need to nosh while there we'll try Nomad's or maybe Satu'li; however we don't have dinner plans tonight so I'm thinking maybe even Yak & Yeti for a later lunch with our handy dandy Landry's card and then GP at night for snacks unless we feel we want to go to DS and hit up a lounge somewhere. It's like a FREE night! Well, free by way of not sure what to do. We're paying for it, oh yes we are.

Sept. 27th: today we leave but first, a little more MK. No meals planned, I'm sure we'll end up with either a breakfast somewhere first or a sit down lunch to have a good meal before we leave. Not much has been open at MCO but we do need to leave MK about 12:45.

A couple things I want to do this trip : get myself at least one Magic Bar (surprised?), try to find a few more character cavalcades than last time especially since they'll be dressed in their Halloween costumes, ride ROTR :ssst:and try a couple Halloween treats! I was there last October for work and we did attend MNSSHP but didn't try any, and that was our only time in the parks. For those of you who missed that TR here I am with co-workers at that party:

HATED those shirts FYI and that's why my sleeves are rolled up and I ripped the tight neck, we were forced to wear them! And here's the first treat I want to try this year:

That's the Not So Poison Apple Cupcake: It’s a red spiced jumbo apple cupcake with pecan crunch and buttercream.
That's the description not my words lol but it sounds so good! And of course I'll try the Hades Nachos:

Again not my description but: This dish is a huge pile black bean nacho chips with “fiery” buffalo chicken, lettuce, tomato, sour cream, salsa, and jalapeño

Oh and there's something we didn't do in AK in July that I want to do this time. We've done it before and it's so much fun!

It's also a nice break from the heat. We used to love doing it at HS and were thrilled when they started doing it at the Festival of the Arts, I hope it stays at Rafiki's for awhile!

I definitely want to finish this up before we leave and since I only have 1 full day left I should be able to. I'll have another update soon but in the meantime how about another question?

Have you done any of the Animation Academies? If so where, and show us your drawings! Here's mine from Rafiki's:

And Ricky's Donald he did at the Art of Animation drawing class on Thanksgiving 2018:

Let's see yours!

That video is a classic! Jenny is definitely a fun drunk and you helped with the comedy!
That it is and yes she was! Great night, I've never seen her like that before and I have a feeling it won't be the last time :thumbsup2
Great picture!
:thanks:
Your night at CG looks EPIC! I'm cracking up that @Jenny Sanders is already drunk ONE minute into the video! :rotfl2: Good times!
OMG it took like 4 swigs of her drink!
W w w w w w w w wait - you're going to be doing that soon!party:
That we are, and I'll have Joe record a birthday toast to you!

That was the view about half way through, it's the Mid-Hudson bridge in Poughkeepsie. The Walkway is an old railroad bridge that burned down in 1974 redone in 2009

Sounds like a great walk and thanks for the history lesson. I really like history.

A couple things I want to do this trip : get myself at least one Magic Bar (surprised?), try to find a few more character cavalcades than last time especially since they'll be dressed in their Halloween costumes, ride ROTR :ssst:and try a couple Halloween treats! I was there last October for work and we did attend MNSSHP but didn't try any, and that was our only time in the parks. For those of you who missed that TR here I am with co-workers at that party:

Are you dressing this trip for you MK day? I'm looking forward to the character cavalcades too.

That's the Not So Poison Apple Cupcake: It’s a red spiced jumbo apple cupcake with pecan crunch and buttercream.
That's the description not my words lol but it sounds so good! And of course I'll try the Hades Nachos:

These 2 are on my list too.

Have you done any of the Animation Academies? If so where, and show us your drawings! Here's mine from Rafiki's:

I'm a horrible artist so I've never done these. Yours look great.

And another thing, I always hear such great things about Box Lunch, and finally just looked it up. There is one less than an hour from me. Guess I need to make a trip!!!!!
When the border opens up again I am heading there for sure! One in Buffalo only 2 hours away. :)
I've been eyeing this up on the menu. Pretzels + Cheese + Beer. Sign me up
100%!
On Saturday my best friend and I took a walk on the Walkway Over the Hudson, she forced me but I felt great afterwards! I hadn't walked it in about a year.
Beautiful view!!
You are so lucky!
Sept. 22nd: arrive to Wilderness Lodge hopefully around 6:30 to check in for our first stay in Boulder Ridge Villas. Also hope to make it to DS for our 7:45 reservation at Terralina Crafted Italian which will also be new to us!
Ah, you are staying at my lovely home resort! Of course I would finally buy DVC the year there is a global pandemic!
So definitely a return to our room and possibly some pool time - or Geyser Point time?
Dinner will be a bit of an up in the air thing with our as of yet unnamed DIS friends joining us and possibly Jenny and Joe. We have reservations at Jaleo and plan to do a progressive eat-around-DS type thing if crowds allow. Jaleo will be new to us; other stops could include WBG, Boathouse, Jock Lindsay's.
Definitely GP and your DS evening sounds perfect!
And Ricky's Donald he did at the Art of Animation drawing class on Thanksgiving 2018:
I love these!

Ach now ya see that just shows what a great friend you are
:goodvibes
Sounds like a great walk and thanks for the history lesson. I really like history.
It's pretty neat that they brought the bridge back to life; after the fire in the 70's it just sat there with pieces continuously falling in the Hudson River.
Are you dressing this trip for you MK day? I'm looking forward to the character cavalcades too.
I'm just not a costume person! We never used to dress up; the kids did when they were younger. A couple years ago Steve and I did Halloween shirts but that's as dressed up as I get lol. I was forced into the 101 Dalmations by our owner since their were 101 of us there! It was cute but too much matching for me :crazy:
I'm a horrible artist so I've never done these. Yours look great.
I have NO artistic talent at all; they make it easy to draw well in these classes!
When the border opens up again I am heading there for sure! One in Buffalo only 2 hours away. :)
Nice! Spend ALL the $$$!!!
Ah, you are staying at my lovely home resort! Of course I would finally buy DVC the year there is a global pandemic!
It's like Murphy's Law right :rolleyes: At least it means you'll have double points next year.
Maybe? I don't know how it all works...............
I love these!
Thank you!! So fun to do!

It's the 2nd longest foodbridge in the world at 1.28 miles. When you get to the end there are restrooms (yay!) food and drink stands and now a mask stand. It's a great walk with gorgeous views!

That is so cool!! I have been doing more outdoor exploring around home too. Always good when there are restrooms and snacks!

I'm loving hearing about your trips during this crazy time when I can't travel at all! There are so many unique things that you can only do during this weird time. Of course there is a lot we are all looking forward to having go back to "normal" but those character cavalcades and little Disney magic touches are once in a lifetime I think!

It's also a nice break from the heat. We used to love doing it at HS and were thrilled when they started doing it at the Festival of the Arts, I hope it stays at Rafiki's for awhile!

I loved this and kept having it on my list for DHS but never got to do it there. I finally got my chance in July 2019 when I was at DCA in CA and they had it. I had to do it alone because no one wanted to it with me but that's ok!! Here's mine!

Also hope to make it to DS for our 7:45 reservation at Terralina Crafted Italian which will also be new to us!

My sister and I ate at Terralina for the first time back in July. We split the bruchetta and the spaghetti bolognese. We went in with no expectations and we LOVED it! We're going back again when we're there in November.

I asked my DGD if we should put her on Daddy's cake and she said "YEAH!"
:laughing: Was he a bit confused about it?
I Googled photos of it. Pretty! And that's a pretty view!
It's the 2nd longest foodbridge in the world at 1.28 miles.
Really!
When you get to the end there are restrooms (yay!)
:laughing:
Oh and if you haven't watched Jenny's CG vlog posted here and in her TR - you are missing a CLASSIC :oops:
About 1/2 way through it so far. :)
Woot!
get myself at least one Magic Bar (surprised?),
noooooooo...
HATED those shirts FYI and that's why my sleeves are rolled up and I ripped the tight neck
Really? I was so sure you absolutely loved them.

:rolleyes1
Yum! That does sound good.
I hope it stays at Rafiki's for awhile!
I think it's a great idea. It gets people out there. Thins the herd a bit in the main park.
Have you done any of the Animation Academies?
I have, but don't have any photos to show you.

w-w-w-w-w-wait!
Finished watching the video.
Just when I thought it was pretty much over.
"W-w-w-w-w-wait."
"What are we waiting for?"
"I want to hear this song."
"There is no song."

:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter