Hello Everyone-Do You Remember Me ?!?!?!?.UPDATED 11th DEC-POST 25.....

Snowy-girls

Did you speak to a 'human being'
A big hello to all my dis friends :goodvibes.
Well i have finally managed to have a few precious moments to myself to update you all on my Nan.(i know David posted a thread and i have just read it).So i would like to firstly start by saying a HUGE thank you to everyones wishes+comments,you are all so kind :hug: :flower3: :hug:.
Secondly a big thank you to David-for posting the thread,and a massive thank you to Claire,Kerry+David for texting me through all of this,i have missed our pm's+emails so much to each other :hug: :hug:.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Sadly i am not back on the Dis for good just yet,i really don't have time for anything at the moment-i take my girls to school,go straight to the care home until 1.30pm,then collect the girls at 3pm,cook dinner-my Grandad comes for dinner at 5pm each evening-after him being at the care home from 1.30-5pm(my mum also goes with him+if there's an hour in the evening or morning i can't do my Mum does them),then we both go back at 6.30-9pm-by then i am shattered and in bed by 10pm.But i hope to be back regulary on the Dis in the New Year :thumbsup2.

As you all know my Nan had a major stroke whilst down their caravan at Clacton,she had a blood clot in the brain and was given the clot busting injection within the first 2 hrs which thankfully worked and dispersed the clot.It did cause slight bleeding to the brain,but thankfully was'nt serious.She regained her speech,and the use in her left side-without that injection working she would have been paraysed.She learnt to walk again+use her arm.(the injection i am talking about is fantastic to reverse the effects of a major stroke-but there is unfortunatley a few people who can have an allergic reaction to it-my Nan's brother(my great uncle+godfather) did 7months ago,it left him completley paralysed-only able to open+close his eyes,unfortunatley he passed away last weekend :sad1:+his funeral is on the 11th Nov).

My Nan is now doing well in the Rehab/Respite Care Unit back home-she has her own en suite room-flat screen tv on the wall,posh duvet covers+pillowcases,double wardrobe,cd player etc..it's a lovely little place.
The meeting last week went well,and Nan's discharge date is the 3rd December as long as she continues to do well with her Physio-if she gets to a point where she is'nt progressing any further she will be home sooner.
At the moment not much physio is being done as her Cellulitis has returned :sad2:,but it is getting better.Sadly she has also become 99%incontinent :sad2:,which for my Nan is soul destroying+very upsetting for her,but thankfully it is'nt 24hrs-we sometimes manage to get her to the bathroom on time :thumbsup2.Her short term memory loss has gotten alot worse :sad1:,and she becomes very confused+disorientated(she now believes that Grandad still goes to work-he has been retired for 5 yrs)-but then another day she is as sharp as a button and telling my Grandad off for something :laughing:(poor thing).

She can use her left arm very well-although the strength she had in it before has'nt returned.She walks with a stick and must have one person walk alongside her holding her left arm/hand-it will be like this from now on-she can no longer be left by herself anymore.She can stand for short periods only before she gets a bit wobbly.She will be sent home with a wheelchair but thankfully it only needs to be used on long walks,shopping etc..and does'nt need to be used all the time-as we first thought would happen.

We are waiting for hand rails,toilet frame etc..to be installed in the house.Nan+Grandad will have a carer go in,once in the morning+again in the evening for the first 6wks+then Nan will be re-assesed.We have also enquired about a wet room-which would be ideal for Nan,as Grandad is 70yrs himself+suffers with his back-so lifting Nan in+out of the bath or into the shower is going to prove to much for him in the long run.

Well i best be going-i have had a lovely morning off today to get some Christmas present shopping done,also got some fireworks for tonight for the girls.I am so glad to be back home,i missed Tony+my girls soooo much :love:.
I have some packing to do as well :cool1:-as before my Nan had the stroke we had planned to go to Legoland for fireworks this weekend,but that was all put on hold.BUT my Grandad has insisted we are still to go+he has paid for the hotel for us for the weekend as a thank you for all what i have done :love: :hug:.I am a bit worried abut going-but i am sure all will be well :wizard:.
Take care everyone and thank you again :hug: :hug: :hug: .x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Glad to hear things are looking up hun. :hug:

Just go away for the weekend and have a fab time with Tony & the girls, you sure deserve it. I am sure your mum will help your grandad whilst your away.

Take care, speak soon. xxxx

:hug: It's lovely to hear from you Michelle. I'm so pleased that your nan is on the mend

Take care hun x

Lovely to hear from you Michelle :hug: Happy to hear your Nan is doing well.
Take care of yourself hun.

Glad to hear your Nan's health is improving :thumbsup2

My Auntie and Uncle have a carer who comes to their home in the morning and evening. I've met quite a few of the ladies that work in the team of local carers and they are fab - lovely people and both my Auntie and Uncle love nothing better than having a good chat with them when they come over. :goodvibes

Have a lovely weekend :thumbsup2

:hug: Hi Michelle,

I'm so glad you've been able to find time to 'pop in' and it's great to hear that your Nan is still doing well.

Just go away for the weekend and have a fab time with Tony & the girls, you sure deserve it. I am sure your mum will help your grandad whilst your away.

::yes:: ::yes:: You definitely deserve a weekend away Michelle, I hope you have a great time. :goodvibes

Hi Michelle, welcome back :hug: So glad that your Nan is doing well :goodvibes

What a wonderful support you have been to all your family :grouphug:, you go and have a wonderful weekend at Legoland, you certainly deserve it :flower3:

Take care

Love Karen

Hi Michelle,

Really sorry to here about your Nan and Great Uncle, but glad your nan sounds like shes on the mend.

Just wanted to mention maybe a silly thing but we suffered a similar thing with my nan at the begining of the year and her memory/ speech etc.. all went a bit hay wire she would be talking fine one minute and the next would have her eyes close as if asleep. We found out she also had low sodium levels so decided to give her a lucozade energy drink every day and she is a million times better. It may help a little something silly but possibly worth a try??

Hope you have a fabulous well earned break this weekend :goodvibes

Nicci x

Hi Michelle, lovely to hear from you:hug::hug:

have a lovely weekend :goodvibes

glad your nan is feeling a little better... thinking of you all... x x x

Glad to hear your nan is on the mend. The Thrombolytic injecting is a fantastic invention & has helped many who have had Strokes & Heart attacks. Having said that word is that the ambulance service is going away from it, although we only administer for Heart attacks not Strokes.

I have come across many patients who have had strokes in the past & you wouldn't have known, it does take time:hug:

Go away & enjoy your weekend. You need a break away with your family to relax, don't feel guilty:hug:

Thanks for all your wishes everyone :hug:.
We went to Legoland and had a fantastic weekend,the fireworks were set to Indiana Jones and were amazing.
My Uncles funeral went well+was a lovely celebration of his life.

Nan's doing well,the Cellulitis has cleared but now she has a water infection.Her walking has improved very well and the Physio's are no longer worried about her walking ability as they believe she is at the best she can be(walks with 2 sticks-but must have one person walking with her.Can manage stairs,but must have one person with her.)They are now concentraing more on her balance skills which are improving :thumbsup2.As i said before her memory is very bad :sad2:,imagining things that she is adamant has happened-sometimes to the extreme that make her cry-2nights ago she cried to me and said that the nurses took her downstairs to the cellar and locked her in there in the dark with the rats :sad1:.
The hand rails have been put in place at their house inside+out,and we are just waiting on a few other things to be done.

Thanks again everyone :hug:,hope your all keeping well-take care dis friends :hug:.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.x.

Hi Michelle,

Really sorry to here about your Nan and Great Uncle, but glad your nan sounds like shes on the mend.

Just wanted to mention maybe a silly thing but we suffered a similar thing with my nan at the begining of the year and her memory/ speech etc.. all went a bit hay wire she would be talking fine one minute and the next would have her eyes close as if asleep. We found out she also had low sodium levels so decided to give her a lucozade energy drink every day and she is a million times better. It may help a little something silly but possibly worth a try??

Hope you have a fabulous well earned break this weekend :goodvibes

Nicci x

Thank you,will give it a try-no harm in trying :thumbsup2.x.

Glad to hear your nan is on the mend. The Thrombolytic injecting is a fantastic invention & has helped many who have had Strokes & Heart attacks. Having said that word is that the ambulance service is going away from it, although we only administer for Heart attacks not Strokes.

I have come across many patients who have had strokes in the past & you wouldn't have known, it does take time:hug:

Go away & enjoy your weekend. You need a break away with your family to relax, don't feel guilty:hug:

Yes,an amazing thing-Nan was VERY lucky to have been given the chance for the injection-She was 80yrs on Sep 4th,and had the stroke on Sep 29th-they don't normally give it to people over the age of 80yrs old as stat's show that it does'nt work.If it was'nt for the injection Nan would not be able to speak,walk or move her left side at all.x.

Glad to hear yours nan's recovery is going along nicely:goodvibes

As i said before her memory is very bad :sad2:,imagining things that she is adamant has happened-sometimes to the extreme that make her cry-2nights ago she cried to me and said that the nurses took her downstairs to the cellar and locked her in there in the dark with the rats :sad1:.

My Mum said similar things when she was in hospital so I know what you're going through Michelle. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter