Hello All

mr.merlin

Earning My Ears
I just wanted to say hello to all you UK folks. Even though I was born in Louisiana and live in Texas I've long admired all things British, your history, your manners, your music, your humor, your beer. I guess it was the Beatles that got me started. Someday I hope to visit your beautiful country.

Thank you and thank you. We're leaving in 24 days for the World on our every-other-year family trip. :yay: Everyone is really pumped.

hello Mr Merlin, have a great time at 'the world' we all hope you visit our wonderful country at some point too :thumbsup2

Hello there and welcome to the Dis, hope you have a wonderful holiday:thumbsup2

I just wanted to say hello to all you UK folks. Even though I was born in Louisiana and live in Texas I've long admired all things British, your history, your manners, your music, your humor, your beer. I guess it was the Beatles that got me started. Someday I hope to visit your beautiful country.

Hi and welcome from scotland too,

please remember to visit scotland when you come to the UK , i think you might enjoy it as well.

cheryl

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Btw, my name really is Merlin (Jr. actually). My family started the trips to Disney in the early 60s going to Disneyland. It was only 5 of us at the start. In 1971 we started going to WDW and have continued ever since. The family has grown a bit, we now number 23 (13 of those belonging to me, 5 kids + spouses + grandchild). Quite a crowd, but We all love every minute of being together, especially at WDW. I should do trip reports, but it's too much to keep track of. I'm a huge fan of Kevin Stringer's reports, though.

My best to you all and have a Disney day.

Hi mr merlin and welcome to the UK boards, with trips starting from 1971 you must have loads of helpful hints to offer us.

Hope you have a great trip with your family.
Have a Magical day.

The most helpful hint, to me, is to relax and enjoy. Planning is good, but plans change. From the moment you enter the gates everything changes. The normal workaday world ceases to exist and you are in a magical place. There are threads here about one complaint or another, but none of that matters. For a little while you can forget about stress, problems, strife, etc. When I see the eyes of my family light up when they see the castle I realize it's worth all it takes to get here.

Merlin

The most helpful hint, to me, is to relax and enjoy. Planning is good, but plans change. From the moment you enter the gates everything changes. The normal workaday world ceases to exist and you are in a magical place. There are threads here about one complaint or another, but none of that matters. For a little while you can forget about stress, problems, strife, etc. When I see the eyes of my family light up when they see the castle I realize it's worth all it takes to get here.

Merlin

What a lovely thing to say and I agree with you 100%

Hi Merlin (what a wonderful name)

Welcome to the Dis. I hope you enjoy your trip. I love what you wrote about WDW too, just sums it up perfectly :wizard:

Laur's princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter