Heigh-ho....not slow.....heck no.......

dalt01

DIS Veteran
some are saying that the new video is going to speed up the line at SDMT i dont believe that for a minute. the only thing that makes a line go faster is having less people in it.

some are saying that the new video is going to speed up the line at SDMT i dont believe that for a minute. the only thing that makes a line go faster is having less people in it.
I'm sure I missed something somewhere but what new video are you referring to?

I too have no idea what you're talking about.

I'm sure I missed something somewhere but what new video are you referring to?
its new in the queue at mine train....animated instructions to sit down, pull down lap bar, take of hats and glasses, etc the supposed purpose is to make things go faster.

I've told the story many times that years ago, when pagers were first becoming "a thing" (and please - don't any young whippersnappers here ask what a pager is!) LOL - instructions came with them that said "Do not eat battery door".

That led me to 2 immediate thoughts. First of all - What idiot ate one, and then launched a lawsuit, causing the manufacturer to find including that warning necessary?

Secondly - What about the REST of the pager, or the batteries, or the package it came in, or even the instruction manual itself? :jester: :crazy2:

Having less people in the line will make the line shorter, it won't make the line move faster. No one like my plan to automate loading to make it move faster, where machines physically grabs you, violently shakes you to remove any loose articles, then latches you into your vehicle for you. Even then some crazy lady would try to sneak her 6 month old on with her.

Having less people in the line will make the line shorter, it won't make the line move faster. No one like my plan to automate loading to make it move faster, where machines physically grabs you, violently shakes you to remove any loose articles, then latches you into your vehicle for you. Even then some crazy lady would try to sneak her 6 month old on with her.
a shorter line moves faster if you are in it :0)

The video is cute, but I, like OP, doubt it will make the boarding process any faster. People won't pay attention whether it's a voice on an intercom or instructions on the screen.

I have a feeling it is not to make the line shorter but instead to remove liability. The more they tell you how to board and where your stuff should go in as many different ways as possible the less ability you have to say I didn't know!

I have a feeling it is not to make the line shorter but instead to remove liability. The more they tell you how to board and where your stuff should go in as many different ways as possible the less ability you have to say I didn't know!
that is what i figured also........all people with a beef have to say is "nobody warned me" with this all the house has to do is point.

The video is cute, but I, like OP, doubt it will make the boarding process any faster. People won't pay attention whether it's a voice on an intercom or instructions on the screen.
They also only run these videos in English and Spanish... never Portuguese or Korean. On some days that's 25% of the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter