heatwave? are you kidding me????

disneegrl4eva

DIS Veteran
I cannot believe that its this hot in anaheim right now...weather.com says its 91 but feels like 89....how can we possibly get in the christmas mindframe with that kind of weather....i need tons and tons of pixie dust here that it will cool down by next weekend...tag fairy, can you please tell the weather fairy to knock it off already?...jokes over!!!....SOMEBODY CALL JACK FROST...puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

Lynn..sure you didn't get the wrong tickets and are headed for Hades???

snicker... :rotfl:

Just kidding..I hate the heat too and I hope it cools down, Forecast looks good. Have a great time.

disneegrl4eva said:
i need tons and tons of pixie dust here that it will cool down by next weekend...tag fairy, can you please tell the weather fairy to knock it off already?...jokes over!!!....SOMEBODY CALL JACK FROST...puleeeeeeeeeeeeeeze

Well, next weekend it's "supposed" to be in the low 70's. Not horrible, but definately NOT winter weather... LOL even for Southern California... Here's some pixie dust for cooler weather pixiedust:

If it helps any they are getting frost warnings in WDW.

We were there over Thanksgiving last year and it was 80 degrees most days. Our Christmas card was taken withus in shorts and t-shirts, wearing sunglasses. Its Southern CA, you can't expect cold winter weather! I know how much you are looking forward to this trip, have a wonderful time no matter what the weather is like. On the bright side Splash and Grizzly River are a lot more fun in the heat!

I hope it cools off for ya :smokin: That means it may cool off for me to :banana:

I'm sorry, Lynn, I've been sitting here trying to muster up some sympathy for you, but it just ain't happening. It's been raining here so much this month that it's set a new record, and is supposed to continue through next weekend. It was so dark when I woke this morning, I thought it was maybe 6:00 or 7:00, but it was 9:00!

So take the heatwave in Disneyland, with the Dole Whips and churros! Ride Peter Pan and Dumbo, watch the fireworks, cool off on Splash Mountain and the hotel pool. I'll be thinking of you... :)

PS. Baby Girl does know that it rains a lot here, right? Some people love it. I have lived here most of my life, but I am not one of them.

samkj said:
We were there over Thanksgiving last year and it was 80 degrees most days. Our Christmas card was taken withus in shorts and t-shirts, wearing sunglasses. Its Southern CA, you can't expect cold winter weather! I know how much you are looking forward to this trip, have a wonderful time no matter what the weather is like. On the bright side Splash and Grizzly River are a lot more fun in the heat!

samkj thanks for the input...and trust me I am very well aware of how it is because 1. I am in CA and 2. my family is in Moreno Valley and I remember last year wearing shorts on thanksgiving but It wasnt 91º thats what Im getting at...I will pass out in 91º weather but you know you did bring up a valid point, SM and GRR will be open and I wont need a poncho YAY!!!! :goodvibes

Alex2kMommy said:
PS. Baby Girl does know that it rains a lot here, right? Some people love it. I have lived here most of my life, but I am not one of them.

yeah she does...thats why she wants to go but yay for me...the move has been postponed for awhile..hopefully indefinitely :banana: :banana:

I'm laughing at the lack of sympathy here ;)

I've been to Disneyland in November when it was 90 degrees & "snow" falling on Main Street. It ind of struck my funny bone. :sunny:

The weather is gorgeous this time of year, and we tend to get quite excited when there are clouds in the sky on Thanksgiving.

...ok since no one wants to sympathize with me thats just fine...I'll wo is me to myself thank you very much :snooty: but at least Im going to disneyland and most of you arent hahahahahahahaha :lmao: :stir: :rolleyes1

Wish I could muster up some sympathy for you, but I just can't. I like it better warm around here than not. I would much rather wear my flip flops this weekend than have cold toes walking around. Its So Cal, it shouldn't ever get too wintery.

disneegrl4eva said:
...ok since no one wants to sympathize with me thats just fine...I'll wo is me to myself thank you very much :snooty: but at least Im going to disneyland and most of you arent hahahahahahahaha :lmao: :stir: :rolleyes1
MAN, I had no idea you were such a brat! :rotfl:

No sympathy here either. I'm loving this warm November weather.

I'll be at the parks the weekend after Thanksgiving and I will be thrilled if it is warm and pleasant. I have no desire to be cold and bundled up while enjoying the parks.

disneegrl4eva said:

yeah she does...thats why she wants to go
No kidding? Some people... I used to work with an Eeyore-sort of guy who told me he loved the dark, gloomy days best. I don't get it, but hey, if that's your thing, you definitely picked the right place! :sad2:

Alex2kMommy said:
Hey! Are you going to DIS while you're at DL? Or am I going to have to wait until you get back???

well it depends....if I think about it I will but usually Im so wrapped up in it I even forget to take my cell phone to the park...I will try though....

disneegrl4eva said:

well it depends....if I think about it I will but usually Im so wrapped up in it I even forget to take my cell phone to the park...I will try though....
I totally understand that! I had these great intentions to journal every evening on the laptop. Let's just say it never happened, not even once! :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter