Heather & Kevin's PJ/TR! SBP/Ariels-9/19/09: Post Ceremony Started! Updated 5/10!

cake1.jpg

This cake is BEAUTIFUL

I just caught up on your whole PJ and I love everything! How awesome to bring DM and FDMIL to the world!:goodvibes I know exactly what you mean about seeing things when you're little and then seeing it as an adult bringing back memories... I tear up everytime I see Cindy's Castle for the frist time on a trip.:cloud9:

Anyway Your cake is beautiful, your dress is gorgeouse, and DF will look so dapper in his tux! I love love love the idea of the calypso band for the wedding, DF and I watched them for like 10 mins last time we were in the world. He likes them alot!

Keep us updated I can't wait to hear the rest of your plans!popcorn::

This cake is BEAUTIFUL

Thank you, I searched and searched for it!!!
Very pretty cake! Simple but elegant!!

Thank you Mikkel, that is exactly the look I was going for!

I just caught up on your whole PJ and I love everything! How awesome to bring DM and FDMIL to the world!:goodvibes I know exactly what you mean about seeing things when you're little and then seeing it as an adult bringing back memories... I tear up everytime I see Cindy's Castle for the frist time on a trip.:cloud9:

Anyway Your cake is beautiful, your dress is gorgeouse, and DF will look so dapper in his tux! I love love love the idea of the calypso band for the wedding, DF and I watched them for like 10 mins last time we were in the world. He likes them alot!

Keep us updated I can't wait to hear the rest of your plans!popcorn::

Thank you! It's good to know I'm not the only sap who gets emotional on Disney trips!!! We listened to the Calypso band too when we were there! We're hoping they fit into the budget but if not they also have a Key West guitarist who is supposed to be amazing!!! Gotta love options! :)

Ok so much to update! I wish we had known before we totally could've met up! I love that you are going to keep the calypso band, great addition. I may be looking into that as well!

Looks like you had a fun whirlwind trip, I bet your PS was awesome and you are probably so excited for your wedding now! It is so soon!

The cake you chose is amazing, I didn't know you could make buttercream that much like fondant. I think that may be a great cost saving way to go for lots of brides on here, plus who doesn't like the taste of buttercream frosting yum!

Ok so much to update! I wish we had known before we totally could've met up! I love that you are going to keep the calypso band, great addition. I may be looking into that as well!

Looks like you had a fun whirlwind trip, I bet your PS was awesome and you are probably so excited for your wedding now! It is so soon!

The cake you chose is amazing, I didn't know you could make buttercream that much like fondant. I think that may be a great cost saving way to go for lots of brides on here, plus who doesn't like the taste of buttercream frosting yum!

I know! I would have LOVED to meet up Sam! We were planning on going in late April but work got in the way so we quick switched it up! After the PS all DF and I talk about seems to be wedding wedding wedding! But it's so exciting! Thanks for the compliments on the cake, I love it and the buttercream is delicious! Plus the fact that it is cheaper makes it that much sweeter! The calypso band is amazing, Disney also has a Key West guitarist who is more cost efficient and supposed to be really good so we may use him, not sure yet!

So after getting set with all the food and beverage with Celeste, Rose came to discuss our floral options! I have to admit, she sure knows her stuff! She was amazing to work with and she clearly loves what she does! I told her that we were going for a simple yet beautiful theme.

FloridaTrip097.jpg

We decided on different shades of pink roses with ivory stephanotis for myself. Then the girls will have ivory and light pink colored roses in their bouquets. She was able to match the ribbon that will be wrapped around 75% of the stems perfectly with the girls dress and sash colors! The center of my stephanotis will have small clear crystals in them with one hidden mickey of course! My two neices will be using pink and ivory rose petals for when they walk. The bouquets will look a lot like these with mine being on the far right...

bouquets.jpg

Kevin will have three small ivory stephanotis and Italian ruscus as his boutonniere with a hidden mickey. The rest of the guys will have a medium pink rose with Italian ruscus. Here is what DF's will look like...

boutenierre.jpg

For the centerpieces we chose three clear cylinder vases in different sizes. Rose will fill them with water then float pink and ivory rose petals within them, then there will be a small ivory floating candle on top. I loved the simplicity of this and wanted to keep my centerpieces low so people would be able to see and talk across the table. Rose's team will also sprinkle rose petals on the table around the centerpieces and also on the cake table as well. We are going to have ivory linens and chair covers and then the chairs will have chocolate-colored organza bows tied arrowed them. The ivory colored napkins will also have a small brown bow tied around them as well. Here is a picture of what our centerpieces will kind of look like...

CylinderCenterpieces.jpg

For Sea Breeze Point, we will have chocolate brown and light blue satin ribbon swagged on the railings of the stairs, then there will be clusters of pink roses tied to them. I don't have a picture of this but Rose did and it was just enough color to add to SBP as the site is beautiful just the way it is! Our sand ceremony table will be covered in a brown satin table cloth as well.

I love your bouquet!!! I want my bouquet to look like that!! I think the stephanotis are so beaufitul and add something lovely to bouquets.

I can't wait to hear more!

Ok I am seriously loving your centerpieces, I may be stealing them *ahem* "borrowing" them. If you don't me asking, were they reasonably priced? Also, I love the bouquets! The colors will look so nice, and stephanotis is one of my faves! I think it looks so elegant and will fit perfectly with your theme:goodvibes

These pictures look great!

Thank you!!!

I love your bouquet!!! I want my bouquet to look like that!! I think the stephanotis are so beaufitul and add something lovely to bouquets.

I can't wait to hear more!

I loveee stephanotis too! They almost look like little stars!

popcorn:: joining in, can't wait to read the rest!! popcorn::

Thanks for joining in! :) I'm gonna try to update more often!

Ok I am seriously loving your centerpieces, I may be stealing them *ahem* "borrowing" them. If you don't me asking, were they reasonably priced? Also, I love the bouquets! The colors will look so nice, and stephanotis is one of my faves! I think it looks so elegant and will fit perfectly with your theme:goodvibes

Thanks Sam! You can borrow away!!! They are really reasonable in price too so that made me like them even more! I have my BEO and I will be posting it within the next couple of days so everyone can see! My total with my f&b, we were actually $800 under so I have to add stuff!!! YAY!:banana:

So after our planning session we decided to show our Mom's Sea Breeze Point! They had seen it earlier while on the boats but they hadn't got the chance to see it up close and personal. They loved it!!!! :)

FloridaTrip111.jpg

FloridaTrip112.jpg

FloridaTrip126.jpg

MomsPics125.jpg

MomsPics131.jpg

We also went over to Ariels to sneak a peak!

FloridaTrip124.jpg

FloridaTrip122.jpg

Then we decided to go over to the Pop Century and Caribbean Beach Resorts to take pictures for our guests since those are the chosen resorts in our room block.

FloridaTrip102.jpg

FloridaTrip103.jpg

FloridaTrip101.jpg

FloridaTrip108.jpg

FloridaTrip110.jpg

FloridaTrip109.jpg

After all the wedding planning, we decided to go back to the resort and relax for a bit. Then we decided to go outlet shopping! I had been so good saving my money for the wedding I told myself I was allowed to spend a little hard earned cash...then I went and bought a new Coach purse!!! Haha so much for spending a little...but hey, I deserved it! :) Plus, it was a great end to a quick trip to my favorite place ever!

So, I finally uploaded the pictures from my Mom's camera of me trying on my wedding dress! This was in February so please don't mind my lovely pale complexion haha. Plus, the shots that we got of me in the dress aren't exactly the most flattering hahaha, I've lost weight since then too (Thanks to Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred...and portion control...boo).

My dress will be in ALL ivory so just ignore the champagne-colored bodice:

MomsPics074.jpg

Here is one of me and my MOH being silly. Typical of us. This is not the dress I picked for my bridesmaids. The one we chose is from DB and is a sweetheart top, satin tea-length dress. It is in the color truffle and the sash is in the color capri. All of my BM's love them and they are wicked comfy!

MomsPics078.jpg

The favors are being made by my mom (and me if I can manage)! She is so incredibly creative...yea somehow I missed out on that gene! Here is the prototype she made and the M&M's that will be in a little clear vellum bag inside the box. The M&M's are a little teal in color but they are the closest were gonna get to our colors.

Spring2009071.jpg

Spring2009073.jpg

My Mom & I are also making the invitations. My sister-in-law who is just as creative as my mom will be helping too! Kevin and I went to Hallmark and he picked out the prototype! Once he saw them he didn't want ANYTHING else. We would have just ordered them but they only came in green and that wasn't going to work!

Here is the website for them as it won't let me save just the picture:

http://www.truwedding.com/engine.cfm?&PageID=1195&iCatID=43172

The outside of ours will be in chocolate brown and we aren't sure if we want the inner paper to be ivory or light blue, Mom and I are playing with some ideas next week when I am off. I found the perfect palm tree stamp that we're going to emboss on the card just like this one! I had to order it from Hawaii though :laughing: hopefully it will arrive soon!

Ok your dress is amazing! You look awesome! Who makes that dress btw? I love the detail at the waist/bust area it is so elegant. Awesome Heather!

I also love the favors, I wish I was crafty too, but alas I am not... at all lol!

And you guys make sure a great couple! Your wedding pics will be so amazing!

And can;t wait to see your BEO, how awesome that you need to add things now! :yay:

Ok your dress is amazing! You look awesome! Who makes that dress btw? I love the detail at the waist/bust area it is so elegant. Awesome Heather!

I also love the favors, I wish I was crafty too, but alas I am not... at all lol!

And you guys make sure a great couple! Your wedding pics will be so amazing!

And can;t wait to see your BEO, how awesome that you need to add things now! :yay:

Thanks Sam! I am in loveeee with my dress! I love how small it makes my tummy look! It is by Casablanca Bridal, Style 1881. When I first looked at it I thought it was pretty but nothing special, then I put it on and didn't want to take it off!!! Thanks for the compliments too, DF does not like getting pictures of him taken so we'll see how that goes! I should be posting my BEO/Floral tonight or tomorrow!

OMGosh that dress looks amazing on you!!!!:goodvibes

I love the pictures of SBP and the BW! :lovestruc

I have the same colors for our M&Ms (plus a lighter color - cream, brown and aqua) so naturally I like your selection!

Everything looks great. Love the dress!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter