HEA during Christmas Week

SeeDisney

<font color=red>I drove by my WAWA <br><font color
Just got to thinking, HEA will be shown during the popular christmas week, right? On a non-MVMCP, right I hope....

Shown on non-MVMCP up until the last MVMCP on the 21st, after that it is Holiday Wishes until the beginning of the year.

Around the Holidays the MK fireworks change a lot. HEA is up until 12/19 (except MVMCP nights), then 12/20-12/29 it's Holiday Wishes, 12/30 and 12/31 it's Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks, and then on 1/1 it's back to HEA. If you have the right trip you could see 3 different shows, we ran into that and chose to do the dessert party for Holiday Wishes.

CRAP!!!! I am planning on a Xmas week vacation to WDW next December, 2019. I really, really, really want to see happily Ever after! So another question, the Holiday Wishes fireworks is the same exact fireworks from hard ticket event Mickey Very merry christmas party right? As well as, the Christmas parade during the week of December 25? the Chrstimas parade with the wooden soilders....it's the same exact parade from Mickey's merry christmas party. If so, I got to do some major thinking and reshuffling for my family vacation.

Historically, they have always done Holiday Wishes (replacing the 'regular' Wishes) and Holiday Parade (replacing the usual daytime parade), in addition to other MVMCP show offerings, during the week of Christmas (after the last MVMCP of the year).

Last year (2017), since Happily Ever After was new, they didn't show Holiday Wishes in the evenings and instead, they showed Happily Ever After.

This year (2018), it appears from the event schedule and hours of operation calendars that Holiday Wishes will return in place of HEA during Xmas week. This isn't 100% confirmed, but it appears to be the case.

Unfortunately, given the inconsistency of the last two years, it may be a little challenging for you to plan what is going to happen with 100% certainty. Happily Ever After is a fantastic nighttime show, but I wouldn't recommend blowing up your trip plans to see it. Either way, you are going to have a fun nighttime show... and who's to say they won't upgrade Holiday Wishes next year to something with more projection technology like HEA?

Thanks AJ -- I may shift my vacation a few days ahead of my original plan. I wanted to see the last night of Mickey's xmas party hard ticket event but i am researching it now and it appears (during Christmas week) the daily parade and night time Holiday Wishes are exactly the same as the Mickey's xmas party. But I do really want to see HEA. I know I am 420 days away but I am using this year's WDW Christmas schedule as a guide. You're right AJ, maybe their up add a little more oomph to Holiday Wishes with projection mapping. Hey, there's going to be a new Illuminations next year's time! :)

One thing to consider if you move your trip up a bit to be able to catch HEA on a non MVMCP night...it will be SLAMMED for HEA on those non-party nights. I'm a person who doesn't mind being in crowds, and even I was a little unnerved by the mass of humanity we were trapped in before, during, and after that show. Like...yikes. Went and saw HEA the next summer, and sat stretched out on the "grass" on the non-dessert party side until showtime, then stood up and had a good five feet of empty space in front of us and it wasn't crowded much at all. But, it was also threatening to storm (thunder and even lightning all around us in the distance) the entire hour before right up until the show started, and was sprinkling by the time it was ending, so that probably had something to do with it.

But during the December 2017 trip? Yikes. It was scary crowded. Almost hard to enjoy the show in crowds like that. That was on December the 18th, if I remember correctly, and it was the only non-MVMCP night of our brief 3-night stay. Total insanity in MK.

Just food for thought. HEA is a great show, but I wouldn't stress it that much if you can't work it in this time. Disney at Christmastime is magic like nothing else. Embrace it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter