He has passed!

Canyon girl

Disney Homeschool Mom
I know that many of you read my "Question for Patient Rights" thread. After much fighting to get his wishes honored, my father was given Morphine (plus other meds) suppositories on Sat. evening because of severe pain. He was allowed to sleep peacefully (on meds) until his passing this morning. This is probably the first time he has been painfree in close to 3 years. I want to thank you for your prayers and words of comfort over the past week or so!

I am so sorry for your loss. Thankful to hear he wasn't in pain and passed peacefully.

I know that many of you read my "Question for Patient Rights" thread. After much fighting to get his wishes honored, my father was given Morphine (plus other meds) suppositories on Sat. evening because of severe pain. He was allowed to sleep peacefully (on meds) until his passing this morning. This is probably the first time he has been painfree in close to 3 years. I want to thank you for your prayers and words of comfort over the past week or so!

My father died too, on 30th November (10 days after my father-in-laws death).

As much as I loved my father and as much as I miss him dreadfully every day, I would not have wished another second of life for him.

His passing would be almost text book - wife and daughters with him until the end. Our local hospital were amazing. In the final week of his life, we were given unlimited visiting, we took control of his pain relief, when it was obvious he no longer could. The compassion shown to us by the nurses was second to none.

As for my FIL, he died at home waiting (over 6 hours) for the ambulance. With hindsight, my DH and his mother and brother were grateful of his death being at home, as chances are he may have passed with them following the ambulance.

My Dad was big on "lessons in life" and DH and my DS's are all now taking our first of those lessons without him there to ask for advice.

I know we will get there in the end and nobody has said it will be easy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter