HDDR with a baby?

MotherofLandon

Mouseketeer
Our next trip to the world will be me, DH, DM, DS8, and DD7months. We have never done HDDR. Has anyone ever done this show with a baby? Good idea? Terrible idea?

It really depends on your child. HDDR tends to be on the loud side (especially at the end where everyone is encouraged to make as much noise as they can with washboards and spoons), so little ones can get frightened.
We took DS when he turned 1 and he was fine with it for the most part. We did the earlt show so that we woudn't have to deal with the overtired issue, and I'm sure that helped a lot.
You can try to find videos of it on you tube and play them really really loud and see how the little one reacts.

I would treat it as if you're watching a movie at a theater, or a play. Be prepared for one of the adults to take the baby out of the room if it starts to fuss. As long as you go in with the expectation that you may have to miss part of it, then it should be fine.

We have been twice and I don't think I've seen many children under the age of 3 there.

I agree with the PP, it can be LOUD. Lots of beer and Sangria, singing, yelling, etc...

DS7 hates loud noises, he may be more difficult then DD!! Hmmm, perhaps this is better avoided after all. Thanks everyone!! That could have been bad.

It can be loud but it is music and festive. We saw lots of families with little ones there and they seemed quite happy. There was a huge family next to us with a baby and she loved it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter