• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

HDDR cancelled online, how long to get credit on cc?

kimkim

Mouseketeer
I cancelled a reservation for HDDR. I made the original reservation online and my credit card was charged for it. I also cancelled it online and it's definitely showing as 'cancelled' when I try and 'retrieve' it.

Does anyone know how long it takes for the 'credit' to show on my cc for the cancelled reservation? It's been awhile and I thought it would have only taken a few days to show up (I check my charges online and it hasn't shown up).

Thanks!
Kim

I believe you have to call. I think there's another step in sending the refund to the accounting dept. that the CM has to initiate. Your refund should be processed in a few days, even though they will say to allow two billing cycles for it to show up.

It's recommended that all pre-paid or CC guarantee reservations be called in to cancel, they will provide you with a cancel # for documentation of the transaction.

You do not have to call; they will get around to crediting your card. When I called after 3 weeks when my credit hadn't shown up; the CM told me it could take over one billing cycle (30 days). Sure enough, it showed up at about day 33. Calling made no difference; nothing could be done over the phone other than confirm to me that the credit was "in process".

I was stunned at the timeframe given, to say the least, so I called back and spoke to a different CM and was given the same spiel.

It can take up to 2 billing cycles. Often it will take less then that, but that is the Disney line.

I canceled a pre-paid meal at Disney and it was refunded back to my credit card within 2 weeks, although the CM told me to allow two billing cycles.

Thanks for all the replies! Guess they have to process the credits more 'manually' than the charges (which are quick to hit!).

I'll wait another few weeks and then contact them if it still hasn't shown up.

Thanks again!
Kim

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter