HDD Catergory 1 ??

Andrea73

DIS Veteran
I booked HDD. I had to do Cat 1. Cat 2 was all booked up and I did not want 3. (I assume DDP has something to do with this)

Anyway, is there anything during the show interaction that may embarrass a shy person at HDD? I have no idea what to expect.

Thanks!

The performers go through the entire floor area and upstairs and talk to a lot of guests. There are some things that might embarrass a shy person, but it's all in good fun. We have been twice and been in Category 1 both times. They have never come to our table.

Yes, it is possible they make "pick on you". My nephew even got picked to go up on stage for the show--but, he loved it. We were not actually supposed to be in Category 1, but for some reason we got seated there anyway! Great seats though!

Like mentioned the Actors are all over the place. We had Cat 2 this past October and sat all the way to the back (had raised tables and great view)and the actors were back there. Most of the activity goes on in the middle of the floor (probably so all can see) and not right up front by the stage. Are you partially balding? you may have one of the cute girls sit on your lap and run her fingers thru your hair. It does seem like thsy stay away from the big mouths so don't look shy do some hand clapping and yelling. If they do pick you to go on stage you don't have to go. Just have a great time, drink some beer and wine and chow down to Ribs and BBQ Chicken. I don't think I would wnat to go on stage either.

The first time we went, when DS was 5, we had terrific seats near the stage (before the official categories were in place, but this def. would have been Cat. 1). The blonde character, Claire de Lune, came over and started flirting big time with DH. Well, it was very very funny, but DS 5 didn't quite get the joke, became very adamantly protective of me...it took quite a while for me to explain the joke to him, but after that it was all good!

Went about 4 years ago with my 8yo son who is a bit shy. It was a very slow night and even the downstairs was not filled. He actually got picked to go onstage. We thought he would never in a million years go up there, but he did. They took him back stage, put him in costume, he came out on stage and he had a great time.:thumbsup2

Yes, it is possible they make "pick on you". My nephew even got picked to go up on stage for the show--but, he loved it. We were not actually supposed to be in Category 1, but for some reason we got seated there anyway! Great seats though!

We were on the dining plan in Aug. and were somehow bumped to CAT1 seats right next to the stage by the piano guy. Disney magic at it's best! It was the most awesome mistake ever. My quite shy best friend ended up on stage doing the can can and absolutely loved it. Although, this could possibly be blamed on the sangria.:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!