HC Room 6500

gmc824

Earning My Ears
My daughter and I are sailing in 1 week and I saw that we were assigned room 6500, which is a catagory 8 HC room. Does anyone have some good pictures of this type of room? I've seen that it does not have a couch, so I'm wondering whether to call and get this changed or not. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!!!

My daughter and I are sailing in 1 week and I saw that we were assigned room 6500, which is a catagory 8 HC room. Does anyone have some good pictures of this type of room? I've seen that it does not have a couch, so I'm wondering whether to call and get this changed or not. Any info is much appreciated. Thanks!!!

We stayed in this room in Feb on the Wonder, I haven't uploaded the photos, but yes there is not a sofa, you will have a single chair and the stool under the desk. But there is a large walking space between the end of the bed and the desk/tv/closets (think twice a normal wheelchair width). There is a double steamer truck which provides great storage. If you need a tub, there is only a roll in shower, or if you don't want to share the bed and don't want to split the bed, then make that call. But it is a very quiet room.

Pj

It's my understanding only the Wonder has a sofa in a HC cabin.
On the Magic, the extra bed folds down from the wall.

:)

Here are some pictures of Stateroom 6000 on the Magic taken in May 2009. (The reverse of Stateroom 6500)

This Stateroom sleeps only Two.

DSCF2041.jpg

DSCF2019.jpg

DSCF2020.jpg

DSCF2017.jpg

DSCF2016.jpg

DSCF2017.jpg

DSCF2021.jpg

DSCF2022.jpg

DSCF2026.jpg

DSCF2025.jpg

DSCF2036.jpg

DSCF2028.jpg

DSCF2027.jpg

DSCF2023.jpg

DSCF2029.jpg

DSCF2031.jpg

DSCF2033.jpg

DSCF2030.jpg

DSCF2035.jpg

DSCF2034.jpg

DSCF2037.jpg

We were assigned to 6500 on the Magic once. We took one look at the room and asked if there was any possibility of being moved. My DD likes to sit on the couch to read and draw, so the lack of a couch was a major issue. At that time (years ago) I wasn't aware that the beds could be separated, and I wanted a second bed. Interestingly, GS didn't offer the option of separating the beds, they did offer a roll in twin sized bed if they had been unable to move us. Basically, the GS CM asked us to have a seat for a few minutes and came back a few minutes later with a new assignment for us.

Yes, the room is huge--and the bathroom situation was OK....but I wanted my couch/bed.

Hoping that someone has pictures of this stateroom post dry dock/refurb. A friend and I have gotten this stateroom as our OGT assignment. I'm pretty sure that none of the beds split anylonger, and we are not into sharing a bed..... Please post pictures if you can. Thanks..

Hoping that someone has pictures of this stateroom post dry dock/refurb. A friend and I have gotten this stateroom as our OGT assignment. I'm pretty sure that none of the beds split anylonger, and we are not into sharing a bed..... Please post pictures if you can. Thanks..

Correct. Beds do not split. When you book as 2 you risk being assigned a cabin that only sleeps 2.

Can you change a GT room? I thought you had to take what they gave you.

I've heard of it on other lines (RCCL in particular...people on cruise critic are always whining about their assigned cabin and calling and complaining getting "better" cabins), but from everything I've heard DCL definitely holds the "you rolls the dice and takes your chances".

If you are cruising Disney and need a certain bed arrangement - such as more than one bed even though you are just 2 people - you really shouldn't do GTY or *GT because you may well be assigned a cabin that only accommodates 2. Which would have the one queen bed.

Can you change a GT room? I thought you had to take what they gave you.

It's possible to request a change if you booked a specific category GTY (such as 8A GTY or 5B GTY for example). But if booking one of the last-minute special offers IGT/OGT/VGT you get what they give you, it's part of the terms.

Enjoy your vacation!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter