Hawaiian Bound Next Week, ALOHA

Bill & Deb

Earning My Ears
Good Bye All - We're off to Kaui next week 160 points for a one bedroom at the Marriotts Kaui Beach Club Resort. We extended it by staying on Oahu for an additional two weeks more. We're frozen on Long Island, NY and can't wait to get out of here.

Aloha and dream of great vacations

Hawaii sounds great to me!!! The price of 160 pts for a full week there in a one bedroom is very reasonable IMHO. Let us know how you like it and have a wonderful vacation!!

Excellent!

We've stayed in a 1BR at Marriott's Kauai Beach Club. You'll have two full bathrooms, a kitchenette, and two refrigerators (one in the kitchenette and one in the bedroom).

Trading in, there's no guarentee of a particular view. We were lucky to get an ocean front room (actually a view of Kalapaki Bay). But because our room wasn't ready at check-in time, they allowed us to use a garden view room for a few hours to clean up after our long flight. It had a view of a small tropical garden. Although the ocean view was better, the garden view was very pleasant too.

The pool is amazing!

Along with serveral other restaurants, there's a Duke's Canoe Club restaurant on site, with excellent fresh fish. There's a great little fast food spot next door (just past Duke's), the Kalapaki Beach Hut, with delicious fish sandwiches and inexpensive breakfasts.

The location is quite central for Kauai sightseeing. It's very near the airport, but we didn't find aircraft noise to be a problem.

In a way it's like BWV, VWL, and BCV -- a timeshare resort that shares facilities with a full-service resort.

(We traded in using a 2BR Marriott -- not through DVC -- and we considered it to be an excellent trade.)

Aloha!

Let's see... 160 points for a 1-bedroom/2-bathroom suite at Marriott Vacation Club's Kauai Beach Club. According to Marriott.com, the discounted leisure rate for such a suite is $339 plus tax (the regular rate is $389 plus tax). If you used cash, the discounted leisure rate price including tax would be about $2,600 for 7 nights. That works out to a value of about $16 per DVC point.

I'd say that's a very good deal.

Giving it a little more thought... The cash rate would include daily maid service and would guarantee an ocean view room. So perhaps my comparison is not completely fair.

But it still seems like a very good deal.

In Hawaii, you don't need an ocean view to experience heaven!!

We're excited and thought the trade was a very good value, it equals a 1BR OKW in Adventure Season 7 days 160 points and Hawaii is always peak. Thanks for the the resorts information its very usefull. Anyone know if we can pay to upgrade to an ocean front?
We have been to Hawaii many times and love it, if anyone could use infomation on Oahu hotel's or anything else PM. we have found great deals.

Aloha

I look forward to hearing your report upon your return. We are saving our UAL miles to fly free in a couple years. We already have two first class tickets and are well on our way to our third and final! We have a fave on Kaui (Hyatt Kauai is magical), and will probably pay cash there and will be l ooking to use points on another island for a week.

HAVE A GREAT TRIP!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter