For me personally I would go with a quick service for you Magic Kingdom to allow yourself better dining in other places. I think Flametree for AK makes sense. I would easily choose Biergarten for EPCOT dinner as well. Also find a way to do Sci Fi and 50s at HS....both are so much fun

I am looking to book my reservations soon, and have the standard dining plan, (1 quick service and 1 table service meal a day for 7 nights worth) but am having trouble narrowing down certain meals and could use some input! a Magic Kingdom definite will be Be our Guest for lunch, but having trouble narrowing down dinner between Caseys corner, Plaza restaurant, and Tonys. Epcot breakfast is going to be Akershus, but for dinner having trouble narrowing it down between Biergarten, Teppen Edo, and Le Cellier Steak house (i know that one is 2 dining credits, but we don't have a problem doing 2 quick services on other days). For Animal kingdom, I have dinner set at Tusker house, but having trouble narrowing down my quick service lunch between Flame tree BBQ, Restaurantasaurus and Pizzafari. And last- for Hollywood Studios, 50s prime time cafe is a definite for dinner, but having trouble deciding between Pizzerizzo, ABC commissary, or sci-fi dine in theater(would switch 50s prime time for lunch and do this for dinner). We are doing 2 days of non-disney parks as well while staying at a disney resort, so we will have decent flexibilty with where to use those extra dining credits. We are also just 2 adults traveling, no kids. Open to Disney Springs suggestions as well! thanks.

Well if you want to do one ts and one qs per day then your MK day and eating at BOG eliminates Plaza and Tony's from your choices because they are TS too (Unless BOG is a QS at lunch still) not a QS like Caseys. As far as EPCOT, I'd choose Teppan Edo but be aware it's also a TS (since you already picked Akerhaus) and if I had to choose b/t the two for TS credit it would be TE all the way.

Also, there's fantastic places to eat at the Deluxe resorts as well. 'Ohana being one.

It says on the website that BOG is still a quick service restaurant for lunch, so I have no problem doing either a table service or another quick service(Caseys) for dinner. I also have flexibility since I have 2 table service credits for days that I won't be at a Disney park and I am ok with doing 2 quick service one day, and 2 table service another day.

Yes BOG lunch is a QS.
You have said several times that you have 2 non Park days. But what/where are you going to eat on those days? Your DDP Credits can also be used at some wonderful resort restaurants, as well as at Disney Springs. You need to eat those days too and some of the best food is outside of the parks

@Hopefully - On my non-Disney park days, we will most likely use quick service meals for breakfast, and then just pay for a light lunch and dinner at those parks (Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure). I don't anticipate getting back on Disney property early enough to eat dinner at a Disney resort for those 2 days unfortunately which is why I am open to doubling up on table meals at the Disney parks. Also on my first night, we aren't doing a park since we won't be arriving at the airport until around noon- we are just planning on exploring the resort/going in the pool and then going to Disney Springs for dinner/shopping.

@Hopefully - On my non-Disney park days, we will most likely use quick service meals for breakfast, and then just pay for a light lunch and dinner at those parks (Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure). I don't anticipate getting back on Disney property early enough to eat dinner at a Disney resort for those 2 days unfortunately which is why I am open to doubling up on table meals at the Disney parks. Also on my first night, we aren't doing a park since we won't be arriving at the airport until around noon- we are just planning on exploring the resort/going in the pool and then going to Disney Springs for dinner/shopping.
Got it!!! You hadn't mentioned you were going to UO.
There are lots of GREAT restaurants in DS. Enjoy

Keep a look out for BoG, I have NEVER booked a Disney vacation more than about 4 months in advance and I have been able to get most of the restaurants I wanted....

And I never "plan" out my QS meals, as I don't know if I want chinese or bbq this far in advance, and I don't even know what part of AK that I will be in when I get hungry (for example).....just like when people go to NYC and try to pick what restaurant they will eat at on the afternoon of their so and so number day.....I learn about a lot of different restaurants, and know which ones intrigue me, ad if I happen to be near one when I am hungry, I go for it! (it helps for NYC with a google maps mymap haha)

I always look at all the menus and find a few things on each menu that I might be interested in, so that if I happen to eat there, I know I will enjoy something....usually there is something everywhere that I will like....

that being said, I love hot dogs....so Casey's Corner will probably happen sometime during my trip :)

I know Casey's is a QS, but I love it and think you made a great choice! The Mac n' cheese hot dog is sooo good! I second @Disnsyncey...you should definitely keep trying for BOG as reservations open up all the time. Try the Touring Plans reservation finder, it works great and you do not need a subscription to use it.

Unless you are super-interested in meeting the characters at Chef Mickey's, I would do a more adult dinner at another MK resort over Chef Mickey's. I found the food to be really lackluster and the restaurant to be incredibly noisy. Kona Cafe is excellent; I'd also suggest The Wave or 1900 Park Fare or Grand Floridian Cafe for 1-credit restaurants. If you're wiling to spend 2 credits, California Grill around fireworks time would be a spectacular way to spend your arrival night.

I will keep looking out for BOG, thanks! And yes, as i mentioned in another thread, I really want to try that mac n cheese hot dog at Casey's if its still there when I go. Since I am a picky eater, I like the idea of trying to (roughly) plan out my quick service meals too, to make sure there's something I like where we go
I just realized you were the one on the other thread too! Ha, I guess you can tell I really love that mac n' cheese hotdog! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter