Having Annual Passes means infinite Disney trips, right? *COMPLETED* 6/5 California Grill Brunch

Trip 9 - 5/10-5/13
Victoria and Albert's continued

upload_2018-5-30_15-52-34.png

My parents had a shrimp course

upload_2018-5-30_15-53-9.png

upload_2018-5-30_15-53-57.png

My Australian Kobe Style Beef.

upload_2018-5-30_15-54-36.png

My Fiance's Australian Kobe-Stlye Beef. His was served with different sides and was slightly larger than mine since he had less courses.

upload_2018-5-30_15-55-38.png

upload_2018-5-30_15-55-59.png

My parents main courses.

upload_2018-5-30_15-56-50.png

We all got the cheese course

upload_2018-5-30_15-57-27.png

The really cool science-y way to make coffee. They light a flame underneath the coffee beans and when it's blown out it goes from the top portion into the bottom and its served to the table.

For the ten courses you get two desserts.

upload_2018-5-30_15-59-0.png

My dad and I's first dessert. Lemo Strawberry Cremeux. It was delicious. The inside was filled with a strawberry filling.

upload_2018-5-30_15-59-48.png

It's not something I would have picked off the menu, so I was really glad it was included.

Continued in next post...

Trip 9 - 5/10-5/13
Victoria and Albert's continued

So I decided to switch up my second dessert, so instead of getting the Bittersweet Chocolate Dome on Praline Crunch, I got a Grand Marnier Souffle, which is also what my Fiance and Mom got.

upload_2018-5-30_16-2-52.png

The only difference between mine and theirs was that mine was slightly smaller. It was sooo good, I highly recommend it to everyone.

upload_2018-5-30_16-4-4.png

Here is my dad's Chocolate dessert. There is edible gold on the top too.

upload_2018-5-30_16-4-38.png

At the end of the meal they present chocolates that you can have. We were all really full so we had them to go. They were nice enough to box up two sets one for my fiance and I and one for my parents.

upload_2018-5-30_16-5-25.png

Women are also given a single long stemmed red rose.

It was a really great meal, we also used it to celebrate my birthday so we were given a fruit cake. We are coming back in November to eat our first meal as husband and wife together. I got us reservations in the Queen Victoria room so my Fiance will finally get to try the 10 course meal since that's all that is served there.

I do apologize for some of these pictures, they came out really dark and I completely forgot to take a picture of my parents menu's which were different with all their restrictions. And one reason I got to have so many drinks at dinner was because my Fiance accidentally spilled my drink all over me in the beginning of the meal so the restaurant brought out a complementary one. It was a little funny since I was thinking I had to be really careful eating around my pretty dress and then that happened. It would also not be the last time he spilled a drink on me on this trip.

Up Next Brunch at California Grill...

Oooh, it looks so yummy! Did they call you before hand to confirm the menus and dining preferences? Or how does that work?

Looks amazing! We haven't been in a few years but planning on being there in September/November unless some Food & Wine events strike our fancy instead.

Glad you had a great visit there!

Oooh, it looks so yummy! Did they call you before hand to confirm the menus and dining preferences? Or how does that work?
Yes they call about a week before the meal to ask if you have any dietary restrictions and to remind you of the dress code. I mentioned to them that my parents were mostly vegetarian, but also ate seafood and that my Fiance doesn't eat pork. So they cater their menus around these. You can also tell them if you are celebrating anything. If you get there and there is an item on the menu you don't really like they can work around that too. I did that the first time I dined there. I'm not a fan of tomatoes and there was a dish that sounded great except it came with tomatoes, so I asked if it was possible to do without. The chef ended up creating something completely from scratch that was amazing. They are really great at working with whatever you need.

Looks amazing! We haven't been in a few years but planning on being there in September/November unless some Food & Wine events strike our fancy instead.

Glad you had a great visit there!
It is definitely my favorite restaurant at Disney, you should definitely go back. If you go in November you might see us :)

I tried and tried to get a reservation there for my May trip but didn't have any luck. I dined there 5 years and it was wonderful. Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the meal.

I tried and tried to get a reservation there for my May trip but didn't have any luck. I dined there 5 years and it was wonderful. Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the meal.
Did you try signing up for a reservation finder? It's how I get a lot of my reservations lately. This place is definitely hard to get into since it's so small and very popular. I hope you get to go back one day.

We have never tried anything from the China pavilion because it seems like a waste to us since we have so many Chinese restaurants around here. However, we've been considering the Lotus Blossom Café, and your dishes look like a nice choice for a QS.

Yes they call about a week before the meal to ask if you have any dietary restrictions and to remind you of the dress code. I mentioned to them that my parents were mostly vegetarian, but also ate seafood and that my Fiance doesn't eat pork. So they cater their menus around these. You can also tell them if you are celebrating anything. If you get there and there is an item on the menu you don't really like they can work around that too. I did that the first time I dined there. I'm not a fan of tomatoes and there was a dish that sounded great except it came with tomatoes, so I asked if it was possible to do without. The chef ended up creating something completely from scratch that was amazing. They are really great at working with whatever you need.

Ooh, thanks for the info! We have a reservation there for my birthday in September, but we have all sorts of preferences that I was a bit worried about them accomodating. Sounds like they're super good about it though--very reassuring to hear! :)

We have never tried anything from the China pavilion because it seems like a waste to us since we have so many Chinese restaurants around here. However, we've been considering the Lotus Blossom Café, and your dishes look like a nice choice for a QS.
I've tried a couple of the quick services in the World Showcase and I really enjoy the China one. I know Chinese food is pretty easy to find outside of Disney, but they do have a few unique items you wouldn't find at your typical takeout place. I highly recommend the one I got if you like a little spice, it's really good.

Ooh, thanks for the info! We have a reservation there for my birthday in September, but we have all sorts of preferences that I was a bit worried about them accomodating. Sounds like they're super good about it though--very reassuring to hear! :)
They are really good about meeting your needs, just tell them all your preferences when they call. Sometimes they get busy and don't call exactly a week out, you can call the restaurant if they don't, I've done that before since I had a few things that needed to be noted. You're going to love it, enjoy your birthday!

The last time we ate at V&As was in 2000 when we were on our honeymoon! Geeze, I think it's time we got back there, LOL. Maybe for our 20th anniversary in 2020!

So we ended up loving the Lemon and Red Velvet cakes and the buttercream filing.
Two of my favourite cake flavours! All your tastings look delicious too. :)
Here's a picture of my bouquet inspiration. I love the blue orchids, I can't wait to see what they do with mine.
So, so pretty.

My Fiance and I both got the scallops so I only took one picture. Scallop Risotto with Butternut Squash Purée, Roasted Parsnip, Perigord Truffle, Scallop Jus.
Oh I love scallops and these look so delicious!

My dad's meal. Quinoa and Provençale Ratatouille with Tomato Confit, Basil, Seasonal Vegetables, Wild Mushroom, Chickpea Sauce
This looks great too.

The truffle infused bread was so good. We ended up getting two because the last time we went we weren't served all three bread courses by accident and they did this to make up for it.
I still think about this bread from when I first tried in back in 2010. I can't wait to eat at V&A's again next year for our 20th anniversary.

We all got the cheese course
Looks fantastic!

My dad and I's first dessert. Lemo Strawberry Cremeux. It was delicious. The inside was filled with a strawberry filling.
Yummo!

The only difference between mine and theirs was that mine was slightly smaller. It was sooo good, I highly recommend it to everyone.
It looks great!

It was a really great meal, we also used it to celebrate my birthday so we were given a fruit cake. We are coming back in November to eat our first meal as husband and wife together. I got us reservations in the Queen Victoria room so my Fiance will finally get to try the 10 course meal since that's all that is served there.
What a perfect way to celebrate your new marriage. :)

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!! What an amazing meal!!!!! We've yet to do V&A but I'm a total seafood person so I would have been all over most of the meal. What did your parents think of it?

Isn't that Grand Marnier soufflé just superb? In fact, the whole evening at V & A's is a magnificent performance. Each course, each ingredient is thoughtfully prepared. We have enjoyed a number of special celebrations there, including birthdays and Christmas dinner. I just wish I could still eat that amount in one sitting. Each meal provided some special memories. You will have a wonderful collection of memories from your own visits!

The last time we ate at V&As was in 2000 when we were on our honeymoon! Geeze, I think it's time we got back there, LOL. Maybe for our 20th anniversary in 2020!
This is a perfect restaurant to celebrate your 20th anniversary! You should definitely go and make sure you tell them you're celebrating.

Two of my favourite cake flavours! All your tastings look delicious too. :)
They were really delicious I can't wait to try them on the actual day. And I love that Prince Harry had a Lemon cake for his wedding, I found that out after I made the selection.

I still think about this bread from when I first tried in back in 2010. I can't wait to eat at V&A's again next year for our 20th anniversary.
This is probably one of the best breads I've ever had. Enjoy your meal there celebrating your 20th anniversary!

What a perfect way to celebrate your new marriage. :)
I think so :) It'll probably be our most magical meal

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!! What an amazing meal!!!!! We've yet to do V&A but I'm a total seafood person so I would have been all over most of the meal. What did your parents think of it?
Thank you! The meal was so good, this place really stands out from any restaurant I've ever been to. The seafood here is done so well, you'd love it. My parents really enjoyed their meal, this is their second time here and it's definitely one of their favorites. They are pretty picky with what they eat and loved everything the chef prepared for them. My dad was the one who suggested we eat here again for this trip.

Isn't that Grand Marnier soufflé just superb? In fact, the whole evening at V & A's is a magnificent performance. Each course, each ingredient is thoughtfully prepared. We have enjoyed a number of special celebrations there, including birthdays and Christmas dinner. I just wish I could still eat that amount in one sitting. Each meal provided some special memories. You will have a wonderful collection of memories from your own visits!
That dessert is so good, we compare every souffle we try elsewhere to it. It is a really special meal. For Christmas do they do something different? It sounds like you have a lot of wonderful memories there :)

Trip 9 - 5/10-5/13
California Grill Brunch

I was so excited to try Brunch at the California Grill, also known as Brunch at the Top. When I got a reservation for two here I was really happy with myself getting something so last minute. Then my mom said she wanted to spend Mother's Day with me and was sad if we didn't eat together. She had not mentioned wanting to do anything on this day until a week before our trip. So I tried modifying the reservation to four people, didn't work. Tried calling and pleading with Disney Dining to modify it, didn't work. I signed up for the reservation finder for four people and hoped for the best. Our backup plan was that I would go with my mom to brunch and my Fiance and Dad would eat somewhere else. Then right before we left for our trip I got the notification and grabbed the reservation. So after lots of stress it all worked out :worship:

upload_2018-6-5_8-13-23.png

I took a lot of pictures here. Our new reservation time was for 10:10am, they open at 10am. We were the third elevator of people up. They were originally going to have us sit in one of those curved booths, but I asked if we could have a table next to the window instead. They had us wait a couple minutes and then seated us right next to the window with a great view of Magic Kingdom.

upload_2018-6-5_8-15-4.png

upload_2018-6-5_8-15-24.png

When you first arrive they give you mimosas, that you can go up and get more of our your server can bring you. These tasted really great.

upload_2018-6-5_8-16-11.png

You can pick as many items off the menu as you'd like. We all started with just ordering one thing.

upload_2018-6-5_8-16-55.png

upload_2018-6-5_8-17-12.png

Empty restaurant. My dad was the first person to get food off the buffet part.

The rest of us got up to get some food. It was great for picture taking being there so early, all the offerings looked pristine still.

upload_2018-6-5_8-17-52.png

upload_2018-6-5_8-19-2.png

upload_2018-6-5_8-19-29.png

They had a great offering of sushi. I've been craving sushi lately (very knew to eating it at all) and was in heaven with this stuff.

upload_2018-6-5_8-20-14.png

My favorite item of the day. I love Deviled Eggs and these were made perfectly. They were creamy and delicious with a little piece of bacon on top.

continued in next post...

Trip 9 - 5/10-5/13
California Grill Brunch Continued

upload_2018-6-5_8-49-55.png

upload_2018-6-5_8-50-12.png

upload_2018-6-5_8-50-27.png

upload_2018-6-5_8-50-44.png

upload_2018-6-5_8-51-6.png

Everything was so good, I went up multiple times to get food. The salads were crisp and fresh. The parfait was really good and made me feel healthy with the fruit and yogurt.

upload_2018-6-5_8-52-5.png

upload_2018-6-5_8-52-23.png

They also had an area where you could create your own yogurt parfait, which I did and it came out great.

Our meals we had ordered off the menu then arrived.

upload_2018-6-5_8-53-37.png

I had wanted to try the lobster eggs Benedict since I had read my first review of this place. I've never actually had Eggs Benedict before and discovered after getting this that I'm not actually a fan. The waitress was really nice about it and brought the menu back for me to pick something else. I ended up going with the vanilla bean french toast, which was amazing.

upload_2018-6-5_8-55-4.png

This was so good I'd definitely order it again.

upload_2018-6-5_8-55-53.png

My dad got an omelet and enjoyed this. He had lobster inside it.

continued next post...

Trip 9 - 5/10-5/13
California Grill Brunch Continued

upload_2018-6-5_8-57-10.png

My mom got Shakshuka with Organic Egg and House Pita. She really enjoyed this.

upload_2018-6-5_8-59-49.png

When I got my second dish my dad ordered the Blueberry Pancakes with Local Blueberries, Vanilla Custard, Blueberry Compote, Warm Canadian Maple Syrup. My dad is a total health nut so I was really surprised he ordered these, but he enjoyed them greatly.

upload_2018-6-5_9-2-15.png

My Fiance who normally eats like a horse only ordered one meal, the buttermilk pancakes. He wolfed these down, barely had a chance to take a picture.

We went to go take pictures outside and passed by a crepe station. I had no idea it was there, but we were getting pretty stuffed at this point so no one tried these.

upload_2018-6-5_9-5-42.png

upload_2018-6-5_9-6-3.png

The forecast for this day was 90% chance rain, but it was really sunny. We were hoping the rain would hold off until we left, we were headed to Animal Kingdom before driving home. (I had gotten the FOP fast pass I had to use)

upload_2018-6-5_9-6-53.png

They brought out pastries and coffee. This is where the second spill of the trip happened. I filled my cup for hot coffee and cream. Luckily I put a lot of cream in my coffee so it wasn't burning hot, because my fiance accidentally hit the cup and spilled it all over me. Luckily I had black leggings on so it wasn't really noticeable, but he felt pretty terrible for spilling stuff on me for a second time.

We were really full and couldn't eat much of the desserts. They brought us a to-go container, but since we were headed to the park most of the stuff would melt in the hot car. We kept some of the pastries and ate the chocolate.

We were cutting it close to make our fast pass time so we said goodbye to my parents and headed off to Animal Kingdom. They had to go back to the hotel to sit through a sales pitch for the timeshare.

We made it to the Animal Kingdom just in time to make our Safari fast pass, we were in the 15 minute grace period when we got there.

upload_2018-6-5_9-10-54.png

upload_2018-6-5_9-11-20.png

We saw a baby elephant playing in the dirt, which was really cute.

Then it was off to Dinosaur and finally our FOP FP. The wait time was over 2 hours and we basically walked onto the ride, it was awesome.

upload_2018-6-5_9-12-24.png

And then it was time to drive home. We made it to the car just as it started to pour.

upload_2018-6-5_9-12-57.png

So this concludes my Dining Trip Report. We had a wonderful year of eating around Disney World and loved sharing it with all of you. Thank you all for sticking with me this entire time :) I'm not going to write an entire year of reviews again for our new annual passes, but I will do a review for my Wedding week in November, so I hope to see you all again real soon. ::MickeyMo

:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter