HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Evening :wave:

Have some friends down there now and they posted this on FB, it's a pic of the new bedding.. Not sure if this is color palette is just temporary or if this will be permanent after the refurb.

Consider it done :goodvibes.

Yeah, that shipping option will get you every time because it leaves no reason to hold back on buying things :rotfl2:.

I'm afraid...very afraid!;)

I'd love to see that too!:yay:

I'm hopeful we'll see something - I've been reading on the DVC forums today. Guess it's a little too early.:teeth:

Thanks alot, Mickeynut! :hug: I'm doing great! There's nothing in my suitcase yet, but I told my sister I was going to start putting things in today. That'll make it seem closer...:cool1:

Always makes it seem real, doesn't it?!:goodvibes

26 more days until we are at THE GRAND!! Can't wait since it is our first time and celebrating my birthday. Now if I could be turning back the clock and be celebrating my 30th instead of my 50th then it would be an extra special celebration!!:lmao:
The suitcases are out but nothing is in them yet. But we are bursting with excitement!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

It will be here before you know it!:cool1: Congrats on the upcoming milestone, when I turned 50 I felt like I had accomplished something.;)

Have some friends down there now and they posted this on FB, it's a pic of the new bedding.. Not sure if this is color palette is just temporary or if this will be permanent after the refurb.

Um...is that black?!?:eek: Thanks for the photo, very interesting.

'Eek!!!', was my first thought, too. It seems an odd choice if permanent.

I have quite a time to wait to see for myself, though. Tonight fortnight and it will be 180-day ADR time. Minutes are flying like hours. :)

I don't hate it. I like it better than the bedspreads, but knowing there is a room refurb about to happen, I think the rest of the decor will probably change (furniture and stuff) to make the bedding really work. I'm thinking of that bubbly headboard at the villas...which I'm kind of undecided about...popcorn::

Ya know I like Mickey black, I use it in my signature. But like K&A&C'S mom, yikes that does NOT go with the colors at GF :confused3

I will be there soon and will let you know if CL rooms also made to look out of place.

I am definitely packing a blanket just case triple sheeting:lmao:

That was me on the owner thread asking about the blanket :). I have been on here and the owners thread and saw some ppl were going today. Thought I would try to get the scoop :). Of course today ended up crazy and I haven't been able to check boards until now. I know nothing :/

26 more days until we are at THE GRAND!! Can't wait since it is our first time and celebrating my birthday. Now if I could be turning back the clock and be celebrating my 30th instead of my 50th then it would be an extra special celebration!!:lmao:
The suitcases are out but nothing is in them yet. But we are bursting with excitement!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

What a great way to celebrate a milestone birthday :dance3:. You are going to love the GF :goodvibes.

Wear your pin and have fun!:cool1:

I agree ::yes::.

Thank you and Yes I'll be wearing my pin.:goodvibes
If I have to turn 50 then there's no better place to celebrate. And yes I absolutely feel 30 on the inside!!!:)

:thumbsup2

Hi ahcupcake :)...hope things are going well with you :flower3:. Thanks for posting the bedding pics. I find it interesting that they're changing the bedding before doing the actual refurb :confused:.

Ya know I like Mickey black, I use it in my signature. But like K&A&C'S mom, yikes that does NOT go with the colors at GF :confused3

I will be there soon and will let you know if CL rooms also made to look out of place.

I agree.....black is not a color that goes with the GF :sad2:.

Hi GF pals...

Just a drive by to say Hi! Didnt get to pop in yesterday to say Bye! Lol..

Not so easy posting from my phone...lol..

MickeyNut Grannieminnie & k&a&csmom..thanks for the well wishes...:goodvibes

Quick report...the beds now have a blanket..between 2 sheets..no duvet!?? Colors are white with a dark blue scarf at the foot of the bed...

The VGF grounds are beautiful...didnt see any rooms there yet...but will be...

The weather is lovely. .and not to sound too corny..having a GRAND time!!

Will tty all next week....lots of new and fun stuff to share!

Hi GF pals...

Quick report...the beds now have a blanket..between 2 sheets..no duvet!?? Colors are white with a dark blue scarf at the foot of the bed...

Thanks for checking in.....sounds like you're having a great time :goodvibes. Can't wait to see pics of the villas. Enjoy the rest of your trip :wizard:.

Good Evening again :-)
Hmmm not sure, maybe dark green

Hi ahcupcake :)...hope things are going well with you :flower3:. Thanks for posting the bedding pics. I find it interesting that they're changing the bedding before doing the actual refurb :confused:.

I agree.....black is not a color that goes with the GF :sad2:.
Hey Mickeynut was almost gonna type Mickey D darn McDonalds commercials.......Everything is fab here. How is everything in your part of the country...You're Welcome. So am I, wonder what the rest of the room will look like after the refurb

Hi GF pals...

Hey Blue. Glad you arrived at the GF safely.....Hugs to that special CM & your roomie.......Glad to know that the bed scarf is a shade of blue

Thanks for the links to the pics Trisha
the villas look beautiful

Not sure if this is best place, but I am gonna ask anyway. We are 39 days from our stay at GF. 4th trip for me, but 1st at GF. This is our "once in a lifetime" trip. 3 daughters, so everything is expensive. Hence this being a once in a lifetime trip. My question is: I now have the ability to add room requests to my online check-in. What are the best options? I have booked only the standard room. Is there a better outer building? Is it better to have a higher or lower floor?

Hi GF pals...

Hi, Blue!! :wave2: Thanks for checking in...:goodvibes

Trish, LOL on the VGF stalking! :rotfl: I guess a lot of us on here could be accused of that! :rotfl2: I sure hope we can visit inside the building when we are there soon.

MrsJHenry, you're lucky to get to spend your "big" birthday at WDW! As mine occurs during the high season in spring, I have never celebrated with Mickey! Maybe one day...:goodvibes

Hi GF pals...

Awww, glad you're having a great time so far!!!! Hope the rest of your vacation is just as grand! :goodvibes

We are now just 59 days out from our "Grand" Christmas and I can't wait. :cool1::cool1::cool1: Those pictures of the VGF are absolutely fabulous. I am hoping we get over to at least peek at them when we are there. The picture are really getting me excited!!!! I hope everyone is having a magical day! pixiedust:

We are now just 59 days out from our "Grand" Christmas and I can't wait. :cool1::cool1::cool1: Those pictures of the VGF are absolutely fabulous. I am hoping we get over to at least peek at them when we are there. The picture are really getting me excited!!!! I hope everyone is having a magical day! pixiedust:

I'm loving the pictures too but I know we'll never be able to afford that Grand Villa unless I win the lottery!! pixiedust:

I have a question..are their ceiling fans in the room? I need air "moving" or at least the noise from a fan.

We were in a hotel last weekend without one and it was creepy to me...lol

I have a question..are their ceiling fans in the room? I need air "moving" or at least the noise from a fan.

We were in a hotel last weekend without one and it was creepy to me...lol

Pictures of the room on page one show the fan if you want to se it.

Dh can't sleep without a fan either.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter