HAVING A GRAND OLD TIME! The 2013 Grand Floridian Resort & Villas FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol someone asked about blankets on the VGF owners thread.:rotfl2:

I just remembered that I bought my family awesome, soft, lightweight fleece blankets from target for $20-$30 depending on size.

Think I will just pack my king ;)

I did some packing last night. I have enough for 2 weeks but will only be there 3days. :dance3:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49901857&postcount=196

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=49901860&postcount=197

WOW the grand villas are amazing. :cloud9:

Can't wait for someone to post the 2 br pics. We are staying there in January but I will sneak over and check out the area on our anniversary trip coming soon:goodvibes

RPC here we come!!!!!

Thanks for the pic links! They did a beautiful job decorating those villas. BUT....I sure hope those couches have washable slipcovers because the light color is going to show LOTS of dirt and spills.:worried:

Can't wait for someone to post the 2 br pics. We are staying there in January but I will sneak over and check out the area on our anniversary trip coming soon:goodvibes

RPC here we come!!!!!

Wow! How stunning! Is that the "best of the best" as far as categories of rooms there? It looks to be so. :cloud9: That kitchen is much nicer than mine! :love:

k&a&c'smom Thank you so much for those Sago Cay photos. Sago is my preference for location and the views on both sides are lovely...although I am planning to request marina view. Not only is the marina water nice for a view but I love all the trees, plantings, and walkways. just lovely:cloud9: I love the location being so close to Gaspie's, the boat dock, and the bus stop.

I also appreciate the comments a few pages back regarding the comfortable beds at PBH. The room reno looks great--very upscale-- although it doesn't feel very Italian to me. We will be heading over there after our stay at GF and I am already dreaming of those beds! We love the relaxation at PBH after a hectic week at WDW. The room amenities, the food, the theming and the service are a bargain compared to the prices we pay at WDW resorts....IMO;)

Guess I should start scoping the sales over the next several months for some lightweight blankets to keep warm during those Grand nights....:rotfl2:

I much prefer the marina view side of Sago, you feel like you are still part of the rest of the resort. Some people like seeing the monorail, I get that.

I agree about the bargain at USO resorts, and the style of vacation is so much easier. Hardly any pre-planning needed, how refreshing!:laughing: DD very much agrees with you about the PBH decor, btw, I think you and I may have discussed it after our April trip; she thinks the prior look was more in line with the overall theme of the resort. I agree, but it's so pretty I couldn't say I liked the old better.;)

LOL about the blankets!

Ummmm, yeah...especially since this is our local 7 day forecast :cold:

Brrr! Sorry to hear that, we have been in the 60s here but getting ready to have some cooler temps. Had our first hard frost last night.

Great pics.....makes me want to be there now :cloud9:.

::yes::

Thanks for the input! I posted prior to catching up on the thread :). After talking with DH tonight and my mom, I think we are going to go with the 4th floor dormer rooms. That way it should be a bit quieter, we will be a little further away from the boats, and we will still have excellent views. My mom really wants a pool view and while I think it would be super convenient to have connecting rooms, I think for the amount of time we will spend in the rooms, this will work out better. So excited!! 2 more sleeps here, 1 in Baltimore, then we are off to the Grand! <3

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I wondered if you might have been checking in when you posted!:teeth: Almost, won't be long now until you are there, woohoo!!:banana::banana:

RPC here we come!!!!!

Thanks for the links, after I get done posting I'm gonna take a look!

Lol someone asked about blankets on the VGF owners thread.:rotfl2:

I just remembered that I bought my family awesome, soft, lightweight fleece blankets from target for $20-$30 depending on size.

Think I will just pack my king ;)

I did some packing last night. I have enough for 2 weeks but will only be there 3days. :dance3:

:rotfl: I try not to overpack, but still end up with far too many clothes.

Funny that someone asked on the DVC thread about the blankets. We're not the only ones, I guess.;)

I wondered if you might have been checking in when you posted!:teeth: Almost, won't be long now until you are there, woohoo!!:banana::banana: ;)
Morning update.....after sleeping on it and having another family discussion, we are going to do rooms across the hall from each other, the dormers, on the 4th floor of SL....my parents will be in the pool view....my family will be in the marina view. And it's going to be perfect because I am not changing anything or moving rooms! LOL! Are we there yet?!? Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Wow, the Grand Villas are beautiful!:yay:

BlueSkies - are you all packed?!:dance3:

Morning update.....after sleeping on it and having another family discussion, we are going to do rooms across the hall from each other, the dormers, on the 4th floor of SL....my parents will be in the pool view....my family will be in the marina view. And it's going to be perfect because I am not changing anything or moving rooms! LOL! Are we there yet?!? Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sounds great, can't wait to hear about your trip!:dance3:

k&a&c'smom - Thanks so much for sharing your pictures!!! The views from both sides of the building are wonderful!

There really aren't any bad views at the Grand.:goodvibes Well, there are a few rooms that overlook the CM staging area on the Gasparilla's end of Sago, and the rooms that look into the back of the pool building in Big Pine - but even those are better than std. view at most resorts.

Sounds great. Having both views will be fun for the whole family:goodvibes

That forecast looks just like ours. It is currently 40degrees where I live and it is only 8:15pm. Ugh. Pretty soon we will be using the "s" word around here and describing it in inches:sad2: This is just ONE of the many reasons I am a DIS addict. I get to live vicariously thru others experiencing my coveted happy place. And on July 23....it will be my turn:woohoo:

We actually saw some snow yesterday :scared1:. Nothing accumulated, but the rain we had turned into a mix, so we saw a few flurries :faint:. I am so not looking forward to winter :(.

And I'm usually a hold out and try not to turn the heat on until Thanksgiving but it's so cold, so early right now. :sad2:

I'm the same way.....I hold off on putting the heat on as long as I can :laughing:.....but we did have to turn it on a few nights ago (as well as last night) because it got cold :sad2:.

After talking with DH tonight and my mom, I think we are going to go with the 4th floor dormer rooms. That way it should be a bit quieter, we will be a little further away from the boats, and we will still have excellent views. My mom really wants a pool view and while I think it would be super convenient to have connecting rooms, I think for the amount of time we will spend in the rooms, this will work out better. So excited!! 2 more sleeps here, 1 in Baltimore, then we are off to the Grand! <3

I agree that you will have a great view no matter which room you have :thumbsup2. You will be checking into the Grand before you know it :yay:......can't wait to hear all about your trip.

Thank you!!!

You're welcome :).

Thanks for the links......the villas are gorgeous :wizard:.

Wow! How stunning! Is that the "best of the best" as far as categories of rooms there? It looks to be so. :cloud9: That kitchen is much nicer than mine! :love:

Hi grannyminnie :wave2:.

I agree.....those villas look amazing :thumbsup2.

:rotfl: I try not to overpack, but still end up with far too many clothes.

I always over pack :rolleyes1......I have a hard time deciding what to leave at home because I know I'll want to wear something that I left behind, so I just throw a variety in the suitcase and take it with :rotfl2:.

Great choice :thumbsup2.....this way you get the best of both worlds.....looking out at the marina from your room and out at the courtyard pool from your parents room :goodvibes.

BlueSkies - are you all packed?!:dance3:

She's there now :yay:.....got a text from her this morning :goodvibes.

We actually saw some snow yesterday :scared1:. Nothing accumulated, but the rain we had turned into a mix, so we saw a few flurries :faint:. I am so not looking forward to winter :(.

I'm the same way.....I hold off on putting the heat on as long as I can :laughing:.....but we did have to turn it on a few nights ago (as well as last night) because it got cold :sad2:.

I always over pack :rolleyes1......I have a hard time deciding what to leave at home because I know I'll want to wear something that I left behind, so I just throw a variety in the suitcase and take it with :rotfl2:.

She's there now :yay:.....got a text from her this morning :goodvibes.

Aww, phooey!:headache: I didn't give her a send off.:blush: Somehow missed her ticker, I guess I was too busy posting photos. Well, hope she has a Grand vacation.

LOL about over packing. I am terrible, especially if we take our car. When the whole family would go, the back end of the (then) minivan was so crammed full, it was hard to see out.:rotfl2: Over the years, I've whittled down, but I still can't seem to pack minimally - even when I plan to do laundry.~sigh~

SNOW?!?:faint: I heard it was snowing a bit in Chicago yesterday. I hate winter.:mad: We've had our heat on for about a week, even though it hasn't been that cold in the day, overnight has dipped down. It is set at 65, though, so only comes on for a little while. Less than two weeks ago, I had the windows and doors open and the attic fan running - it was in the 80s!:sunny:

Hi Mickeynut! :goodvibes How are ya??

What? I missed saying "happy travels" to Blue? I thought she had one more day? :confused3 Would you please tell her I said hello and to have a magical stay? :wizard: Thanks...:flower3:

Aww, phooey!:headache: I didn't give her a send off.:blush: Somehow missed her ticker, I guess I was too busy posting photos. Well, hope she has a Grand vacation.

LOL about over packing. I am terrible, especially if we take our car. When the whole family would go, the back end of the (then) minivan was so crammed full, it was hard to see out.:rotfl2: Over the years, I've whittled down, but I still can't seem to pack minimally - even when I plan to do laundry.~sigh~

SNOW?!?:faint: I heard it was snowing a bit in Chicago yesterday. I hate winter.:mad: We've had our heat on for about a week, even though it hasn't been that cold in the day, overnight has dipped down. It is set at 65, though, so only comes on for a little while. Less than two weeks ago, I had the windows and doors open and the attic fan running - it was in the 80s!:sunny:

I'm jealous because I hear the weather is wonderful down there :sunny:....especially since it's only in the mid 40s here :cold:.

I used to try to cut back on packing as I was worried I wouldn't have enough room in our suitcases to bring back all of our souvenirs :rolleyes1......then I found out about shipping things home......now I don't have any worries about packing or buying too much :laughing:. Of course my DH does a little worrying because there's no limit to what can be shipped home :rotfl::rotfl:.

Hi Mickeynut! :goodvibes How are ya??

What? I missed saying "happy travels" to Blue? I thought she had one more day? :confused3 Would you please tell her I said hello and to have a magical stay? :wizard: Thanks...:flower3:

I'm good....how are you?

Ya, Blue flew out this morning....got there around 10:00. Just texted her your "hello" :).

I'm jealous because I hear the weather is wonderful down there :sunny:....especially since it's only in the mid 40s here :cold:.

I used to try to cut back on packing as I was worried I wouldn't have enough room in our suitcases to bring back all of our souvenirs :rolleyes1......then I found out about shipping things home......now I don't have any worries about packing or buying too much :laughing:. Of course my DH does a little worrying because there's no limit to what can be shipped home :rotfl::rotfl:.

Ya, Blue flew out this morning....got there around 10:00. Just texted her your "hello" :).

Tell her "hey" from me, too and have a Grand stay.pixiedust: I checked the Orlando weather over the weekend, and it looked beautiful for the next couple weeks.:sunny:

LOL about being able to buy so much more. I used to bring a Lands End duffle that folded into about 6-inches square, but one of my kids snagged it, which is how I ended up with so many Disney bags.:laughing: I'm going to have a harder time on our next trip now that I'm reminded of the shipping option.;)

Tell her "hey" from me, too and have a Grand stay.pixiedust: I checked the Orlando weather over the weekend, and it looked beautiful for the next couple weeks.:sunny:

LOL about being able to buy so much more. I used to bring a Lands End duffle that folded into about 6-inches square, but one of my kids snagged it, which is how I ended up with so many Disney bags.:laughing: I'm going to have a harder time on our next trip now that I'm reminded of the shipping option.;)

Consider it done :goodvibes.

Yeah, that shipping option will get you every time because it leaves no reason to hold back on buying things :rotfl2:.

I'm good....how are you?

Thanks alot, Mickeynut! :hug: I'm doing great! There's nothing in my suitcase yet, but I told my sister I was going to start putting things in today. That'll make it seem closer...:cool1:

Thanks alot, Mickeynut! :hug: I'm doing great! There's nothing in my suitcase yet, but I told my sister I was going to start putting things in today. That'll make it seem closer...:cool1:

Not a problem :goodvibes....glad things are well with you :flower3:. Yay for having your suitcase out......it won't be long before you're on your way :yay:.

26 more days until we are at THE GRAND!! Can't wait since it is our first time and celebrating my birthday. Now if I could be turning back the clock and be celebrating my 30th instead of my 50th then it would be an extra special celebration!!:lmao:
The suitcases are out but nothing is in them yet. But we are bursting with excitement!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

26 more days until we are at THE GRAND!! Can't wait since it is our first time and celebrating my birthday. Now if I could be turning back the clock and be celebrating my 30th instead of my 50th then it would be an extra special celebration!!:lmao:
The suitcases are out but nothing is in them yet. But we are bursting with excitement!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

My next birthday will be my 50th as well. That's ok, we are 30 where it counts, on the inside:goodvibes

I often celebrate my bday at Disney since it usually falls on or near Easter week. :cloud9:

Wear your pin and have fun!:cool1:

Oh, and have a happy 50th Birthday

My next birthday will be my 50th as well. That's ok, we are 30 where it counts, on the inside:goodvibes

I often celebrate my bday at Disney since it usually falls on or near Easter week. :cloud9:

Wear your pin and have fun!:cool1:

Oh, and have a happy 50th Birthday

Thank you and Yes I'll be wearing my pin.:goodvibes
If I have to turn 50 then there's no better place to celebrate. And yes I absolutely feel 30 on the inside!!!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!