Haven't been since 4/2016: What new restaurants should I try?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by kboo, Feb 15, 2017.

1. kboo

kboo Mouseketeer

Hi! After 3 trips in 12 months, AP and TiW, we are heading back to WDW in August with our 2 DDs, who will be almost 6 and almost 2. Both are good in restaurants and have eaten at many a signature. (Ok, DD2 was a baby who mostly slept through our lovely meals, but she has been training for good table manners her whole life!)

Any new or relatively new restaurants we should try?
    Tiffins?
    Anything else?

(DH and I are getting a sitter and going to V&A, at last, too. Sitter fell through last April and we had to cancel our last reservation.)

2. Parker Clan

Parker Clan Seriously, is it August yet?!

There's a bunch at Disney Springs. I've tried Homecoming which is really good I've read a lot of other recommendations on here too

3. megs1313

megs1313 Mouseketeer

We did Homecoming and it was pretty good. The Planet Hollywood Observatory just opened. The boathouse.

The only other park restaurant (besides tiffins) that I can think of is Jungle Skipper Canteen (or whatever the name is) and then they just opened the Geyser Point Bar and Grill at WL (but that's a counter service.)

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. Chrelaine

Chrelaine Mouseketeer

We loved The Boathouse.

6. LSLS

LSLS DIS Veteran

Planet Hollywood is getting pretty mediocre at best reviews. Disney Springs is a great start. Some great Asian (Morimoto is outstanding), I've heard very good things about both Homecoming and the Rick Bayless Mexican place (name escapes me right now). Flying Fish also reopened and is supposed to be incredible.

7. freewill

freewill Mouseketeer

Geyser Point at WL looks like a great place to check out for drinks and apps. Ryno (who autocorrect thinks is named Runoff) and Steve did a vlog on Geyser Point yesterday or so and it looks a cool vibe place.

8. HeyIt'sMe

HeyIt'sMe Nothin' to see here folks

My DD wants to try MoriMoto Asia at Disney Springs so we're eating there in August. I've heard good things about it and I'm excited to try it!

9. Dis703

Dis703 DIS Veteran

If you haven't tried it yet, Skipper Canteen in MK is really good.

10. disneyvoice

disneyvoice DIS Veteran

We are in the same position you are. We have an ADR for Homecoming and then I have ADRs at Morimoto and Paddlefish but I am going to have to decide between those two and cancel one.

I originally had an ADR for Skipper Canteen but I read several reviews that said the food was really salty - since I think ALL the food at WDW tends to the salty side that concerned me (we are a family that just doesn't use salt at all, even with I cook at home I omit the salt). We sat out at the bar on the water at Boathouse shortly after it opened - owe enjoyed the drinks and appetizers we had.

I never know what to do at AK so I am considering Tiffins (is it part of the River of Lights dining package).

11. Dean Marino

Dean Marino DIS Veteran

4-2016? All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong.....

There are none. Stick with your old favorites.

12. nursejackie

nursejackie DIS Veteran

The Boathouse is lovely. The food, location, ambience, staff, view from the outside tables. There's also a little 'museum' of boats docked on the water to look around. After lunch we had a ride in an amphicar around the lake. It's a day we won't forget for a long time.

13. SGMCO

SGMCO Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions

We ate at Skippers Canteen in Sept. 2016 and it was one of our best meal of the whole trip, it didn't taste over salty. We also loved Tiffins.