Have you filed your taxes?

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by Grumpy's Gal, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Grumpy's Gal

Grumpy's Gal <font color=coral>Of course, who wants to get gold

i have an appt tomorrow to get them done. I have NO IDEA why I put it off for so long. I had all of the info by feb 1. I just don't like to do it. We go to the same woman every year. She is wonderful and it takes about an hour. So I have no excuse for not going. I stay on top of everything else..... just not this. We won't owe and we'll prob get a very small refund.

Are you good about getting taxes done early?

2. Southernmiss

Southernmiss I am hazed everyday

Dh and I are nerds. Dh must accurately file our taxes on time for the sake of keeping his job.

This year we needed our ds22, still a college student, to do his taxes so that we could claim him one last time. After he finally had time to come home, we filed mid March- a little later than we like to.

Another kid aged out of deductions so we owed some. We set that payment up for April 7th.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. loves to dive

loves to dive DIS Veteran

Not only have I filed mine, I've already gone on a Disney trip with the refund.

5. MamaBelle4

MamaBelle4 DIS Veteran

We filed federal, but not state or local yet. We won't owe anything, just haven't mustered the energy to do so. :badpc:

6. kimblebee

kimblebee now my thoughts will be worth 5 cents

Filed on a monday, had the money by the following Thursday. We always file as soon as we have all the info.

7. usnuzuloose

usnuzuloose Loosing Boo Boo

Yes, but the accountant has not gotten back with us yet.

8. Caseheidi

Caseheidi DIS Veteran

Filed, received refund and spent at WDW March 4-12!

DH is good about getting them filed early February. As we knew our trip was coming up, he wanted to make sure we had the refund before we traveled.

9. Kathryn Merteuil

Kathryn Merteuil Barden Bella

I did mine maybe a couple weeks ago, already have my federal refund. I owe the state some, I have yet to pay that.

10. Hikergirl

Hikergirl DIS Veteran

Nope, we will owe this year so I'm waiting until the last minute.

ols386 likes this.
  11. firegurl

firegurl Mouseketeer

We filed several weeks ago. DH works in another state so we had to file there as well. We already received our Federal refund and our second state refund. We owe in our home state so I'm just procrastinating and not writing that check yet.

12. ols386

ols386 I want to live at Disney World!!

Filing my fed and state tomorrow. We get a refund on federal, but owe on state.

13. tvguy

tvguy Question anything the facts don't support.

Mailed them in February. Had the refund 3 1/2 weeks later. Pretty quick I thought given that we didn't electronically file. Not sure where I am going to spend that $3 state tax refund, maybe buy a McFlurry.

14. DaisyJ

DaisyJ DIS Veteran

Our accountant is filing ours tomorrow.

15. charming23

charming23 DIS Veteran

I filed mine last night for both state and federal. They were both accepted today. Now to wait for my small refund

16. leebee

leebee DIS Veteran

We're still waiting for the K-1 from an LLC where DH is a partner. There is usually a small loss, but I can't do the taxes without it! I am pretty sure we are going to owe everyone... even though we made about $20K LESS this year, our deduction turned 23, graduated, and moved out!

17. mrsheppo

mrsheppo Mom to 11 and still partially sane

Filed ours February 27, had the refund back on March 7. Spent all of it on getting new ball joints on my SUV

18. Grumpy's Gal

Grumpy's Gal <font color=coral>Of course, who wants to get gold

Oh my gosh - this reminded me of something. When I was a young teen and lived at home, my mom said they were getting a tax refund. I said I wanted a tax refund. She said my sister and I could have the difference between what they owed and the tax refund! Whatever it was, we could split it! We were SO EXCITED! Spent days and nights thinking of what we might buy! Yep - you guessed it. $7 was the refund we each got.

19. Bianca and Bernard

Bianca and Bernard DIS Veteran

Not this year. I'll be doing them around April 1st. We would be getting back about $450, but because of an error DH made the last time he did the taxes, the IRS gets to keep it...so I'm in no rush. DH transposed 2 numbers, giving us a higher income on the W2 part (i.e. he put in 98000 instead of 89000, as an example). He didn't catch it...and neither did the IRS, until 2 years later. Oops.

I'm doing the taxes from here on out. That was the 2nd time he messed up doing them (he didn't have all the paperwork the first time, and we had to file an amended return).

20. disykat

disykat DIS Veteran

We've got them done, but we are waiting to pay what we owe until closer to the due date. Erg.

21. bcwife76

bcwife76 DisneyMomma

Filed ours the first Friday in March, refund was in our account 9 days later (we're Canadian).