Have you ever waitlisted for a GV? Your input please

zulaya

DIS Veteran
I am looking for any and all experiences waitlisting for a GV at WDW.

Did you eventually get a GV off the waitlist?

If so, how long were you on the waitlist before your reservation came through? And did you waitlist day by day or the entire length of your reservation?

If you were on the waitlist and were unsuccessful at getting the GV, how early did you get on the waitlist and what time of year were you trying for the reservation?

Thanks for all input

We were wait listed for one night in a OKW GV. They had 8 of the 9 nights we were looking for, but had to wait for the 9th. It was a Sunday night this May 4th. We made the Ressie around the 10th of january along with the wait list night. Got a call on the wait list night about 2 weeks later.

Scott

I have waitlisted twice, and never have been successful. Two summers ago I was able to get three nights, but I was missing the night in the middle. I waitlisted 5 months ahead, and cancelled 31 days out when it didn't come thru. I am on the waitlist now for two nights at Vero, and I waitlisted right at the 7 month window. Both times it was for the summer, which tends to be busy.

We waitlisted for a GV at OKW for 6 days in January. We had waitlisted for the entire length of the stay the previous July and were confirmed for the GV in October.

We loved it!!

We wanted an OKW GV for 7 nights last October.

I was able to book 4 nights (Friday arrival) straight at the 7 month window, and waitlisted the remaining 3 as a block. About a month later I switched to waitlisting day by day, and a couple of weeks after that day 5 came through.

I was then faced with the possibility of getting day 7, but not day 6 (which wouldn't have worked for us), so after a couple more weeks I cancelled that wait and settled for our alternative choice of 3 x studios as VWL.

Whether those last two days would have come through if I'd waited a bit longer, I'll never know, but I don't regret my decision as we had a taste of VWL as well that trip ;)

I am interested in this topic too, and since this thread fell to the second page, I'm bumping it back up in hopes that others may respond.:)

I'm also wondering who has gotten a GV for the week at the 7 month WITHOUT having to waitlist, and in which month were you traveling?

anniet--

I haven't seen any posts on people getting in at the 7 month window without the waitlist. I think that would be great if it happened, but I am planning on that not happening for the time of year I hope to get a GV for.

Here's hoping for pixie dust for both our planned trips.

I am also curious about people who got the GV without the waitlist at the 7 month window. We are planning an Aug '04 trip with my parents, DB & SIL and I really want the GV. If I do get waitlisted, should I book a 2bdrm and a studio just in case?

Jacksmom99 - that's my plan is to book the 2BR and studio at my home resort and then at 7 months try to switch. Again, unless you plan to go at a really slow DVC time, I am not sure that you can count on the GVs to be available at the 7 month window, but we can hope. There are only 6 at BWV but I think 26 at OKW. Supposedly there will be GVs at Sarasota Springs, but I haven't seen any info as to how many there will be.

Okay so any other waitlisting experiences for the GV out there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter