Have you ever traveled to a restaurant featured in a movie or series?

We ate at Mystic Pizza. We were in town and my daughter was dying to try it, though she had never seen the movie.

It was ehhh. Give me NY pizza any day.

I agree it isn't the best. One time we tried to get in but it was so buy that we went to the pizza place just down the road, I feel like it was pizza works (here was/is another one in Old Saybrook so it may have been a different palace) and the pizza was better.

But that being said, I do like frozen mystic pizza.

We have located a few places from UK TV series. Our favourite are old pubs and hotels from Inspector Morse and its follow up series Lewis - all located around Oxford we stayed a few days and particularly loved The Randolph Hotel.

Featured several times on "The Office", we have eaten at Cooper's Seafood House on many occasions. It is eclectic, historic, and fun. Also has good (not great, but certainly good) food, reasonably priced. Cooper's is also open on Sundays, when a lot of Scranton restaurants are not.

The only one that comes to my mind is in reverse. An old boyfriend and I took a trip to Austin, and he became enamored of the Texas Chili Parlor. We visited multiple times during that trip and subsequent trips.

Several years later, we saw that restaurant used as the setting for a Quentin Tarantino movie. I had forgotten which one, but google tells me it was Death Proof.

Took a weekend trip to Austin with a few friends about 10 years ago and we ended up eating there late around midnight one night and Quentin Tarantino was actually in the restruarant by himself eating. We didn't bother him though since it was late and we were a little tipsy. He was talking to the bar tender and he seemed to be in a good mood though.

Pink's Hot Dogs in L.A. was featured in several movies and TV shows.

The Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel.

We've been a few. Mystic Pizza (not the best but it's not bad). Also the dinner in "Dinner". My waitress should have been in the movie. She was taking orders at the table next to us, someone hesitated on what they wanted, she said "it's only breakfast, I'll be back". When she tossed, and I mean tossed, they spun on the table for a minute. Also quite a few in Rhode Island, Michael Corrente and the Farelly Brothers filmed quite a few movies there.

My sister lives outside of Jackson, MS and when we visited her this summer she told us about Brent's Drugs in Jackson. It's an old school 50s diner that almost reminds me of Beaches and Cream. It was a featured place in the movie The Help. We went for lunch and it was so cute inside and very good diner food!

Squeeze Inn is in Sacramento. I've tried them and although it was good, it was just too much.
This sure doesn't count but it was still early am so sat across the street from Lisa Vanderpumps Villa Blanca drinking coffee and watching people go in and out and set up for lunch.

There is a frosty stand in Rio Linda. We were selling fireworks for Little League while the movie Breaking the Rules with Jason Bateman, Annie Potts, C Thomas Howell was filming across the street at the frostie (hamburger) stand. I ate there a lot growing up. Bill Clinton stopped there for chili after a townhall meeting.
I had forgotten about Squeeze Inn! We did try that once in West Sacramento but I guess that location closed. I agree, that cheese skirt was too much! Have you ever been to Whitey's Jolly Kone in West Sac? It's one of those old time hamburger stands. We were just there last month for their fresh peach shakes, so good. That is so cool that you got to see them filming in Rio Linda. I had such a huge crush on C. Thomas Howell growing up, I would've died!

Squeeze Inn is in Sacramento. I've tried them and although it was good, it was just too much.
This sure doesn't count but it was still early am so sat across the street from Lisa Vanderpumps Villa Blanca drinking coffee and watching people go in and out and set up for lunch.
I doubt I will ever get there, but I have wanted to eat at SUR.

I agree it isn't the best. One time we tried to get in but it was so buy that we went to the pizza place just down the road, I feel like it was pizza works (here was/is another one in Old Saybrook so it may have been a different palace) and the pizza was better.

But that being said, I do like frozen mystic pizza.

Was it Pizzetta? That's my preferred pizza place around the block from Mystic Pizza.

We've been to the historic little bar/restaurant on Kauai, where George Clooney filmed 'The Descendants'.
Tahiti Nui.
Very cool !!!!!

Last edited:
Was it Pizzetta? That's my preferred pizza place around the block from Mystic Pizza.

No. I feel like it was pizza works. It was on the same road/ Water street and it was on the right and had steps to get in. I am thinking about 20 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter