Have you ever sued anyone ?

We knew we'd never see any money. We initially sued them just to get them the heck out of the house. The claim for damages was added later, in an attempt to make them stop and go away, when they kept dragging things out in court claiming they bought the house from us.

They claimed what? It's pretty easy to prove that they're lying with simple paperwork. They risk perjury charges for lying, although I don't think it's high on the list for prosecutors.

They claimed what? It's pretty easy to prove that they're lying with simple paperwork. They risk perjury charges for lying, although I don't think it's high on the list for prosecutors.

We expected it to be open and shut, done in one morning session of court because it was such crap...we were wrong. They claimed they bought the house from us and that we were owner finanacing. They claimed their deposit was the down payment and their rent was payment toward the loan. Yet they had no contract or paperwork proving so and we had a signed rental agreement. They got a weasel of a lawyer that managed to tie it up in court for almost a year all while they lived rent free and destroyed the house.

They claimed they bought the house from us and that we were owner finanacing. They claimed their deposit was the down payment and their rent was payment toward the loan. Yet they had no contract or paperwork proving so and we had a signed rental agreement. They got a weasel of a lawyer that managed to tie it up in court for almost a year all while they lived rent free and destroyed the house.

I've never had it that bad, nor my parents. My aunt owned several rental properties and she did have a nightmare tenant. Apparently they didn't pay for several months and then abandoned it. When my aunt recovered it and entered, she found floorboards torn out along with evidence of an indoor marijuana grow operation. I think they might have also tapped into the neighbor's electricity to power the lights.

I'm a subject matter expert in due diligence, specifically relating to M&A, anti-money laundering and the foreign corrupt practices act. Its super nerdy, unless you're in dd or high finance.

I thought you worked for a community outreach at a jail?

Sorry if I confused you with someone else.

I thought you worked for a community outreach at a jail?

Sorry if I confused you with someone else.

I volunteer for one, its not my job. Its heartwarming and tear-inducing. Its mainly to help women get back to a life when they get out if they don't have a home to go to. A lot of it is working with victims of domestic violence, which is how I got involved, via volunteering for the local women's shelter. So, we help them get re-introduced to society, or help them find housing, etc., etc., we also have a support group meeting while we are there.

I've never sued anyone, but I did threaten to sue a fella once to have my property returned that he was repairing, and giving me the run around on. The threat did get the fella to take me seriously and return my property repaired.

My former supervisor's wife is an attorney. She has said that you can sue anyone, but winning is a different matter. Collecting is a completely different matter from winning!

In July 2004, a teenager rear ended my wife's car. He dropped his cell phone, went to pick it up, and didn't see us stopped for the accident. He admitted fault. The police got his insurance information, and his dad asked me how I wanted to handle this. I said, let the insurance companies work it out, and his dad agreed. Since it was a low speed collision, the total damage was to the bumper, about $750.

Come to find out that he didn't have insurance. He had it long enough to get the insurance card, then cancel the policy. The insurance company tried to get him to pay up, but they ignored them. I found out later they had enough money to pay for a cruise, but not for the damage they caused.

The insurance adjuster told me that I could sue them, but the filing fee would be $120. He said that even if I won, I still might not see a dime of money from them. We just finally gave up.

No. I wanted to sue a dentist for malpractice when I was a kid, but I was a minor and my mother wouldn't pursue it. I didn't want money, but I did feel strongly that the appropriate certifying bodies should know about the situation, as I had my doubts that he had any business practicing.

Almost. We were in due process with the public school system and it was resolved then (they 100% agreed with us, gave us what we wanted -not money- and had to pay for our lawyers), but if it hadn't been we were headed to trial.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter