"Have you ever seen something so Wonderful in your entire life?" - a January 2012 trip report

DLfan4

Cant wait for another trip to DLR
"Have you ever seen something so Wonderful in your entire life?" - Ariel , The Little Mermaid.

Let's take a trip back to January 2012 for our week visiting Disneyland , Disney California , Seaworld, Universal Studios and Knotts.

DLfan4

TRIP PLANNING
On this trip will be me, DH, DD7 and DD7. We are travelling from Winnipeg Manitoba to California.
Joining us will be my Cousin S, his wife A, and their boys DN4 and DN1. They will be travelling from Northern California.

We decided on this trip because we wanted to take DD7 and DD7 to Disneyland. Many friends told us to Fly Allegiant Air from Fargo, North Dakota, as the flights were direct, and the cost was much less than what we would pay flying out of Winnipeg. We found a fantastic deal.
Return Airfare for the 4 of us from Fargo to LA, car rental for the week, and a weeks stay at the Knotts Berry Farm resort hotel.... all for less than just return airfare from Winnipeg. So we booked it.

Cousin S mentioned that we should get the Southern California City Pass. He said we could pick them up a costco in California.
So we searched Costco.ca and we were able to purchase the 4 Southern California Citypass tickets for approx $1000 Canadian total (if i remember correct). The Citypass at that time included 3 day parkhopper tickets at Disneyland Resort ( w/ 1 magic morning), 1 day Seaworld, 1 day Universal . We also got a great deal on Knotts Berry farm tickets, so we bought then as well, since we were staying on property anyway.

We were flying out Sunday January 15th and staying until Sunday January 22nd.

maps.jpg

Stay tuned to find out more.

Last edited:

DLfan4

Trip planning

We decided to keep the trip a secret and surprise the girls on Christmas morning. Then it was so much fun planning the trip with the girls.

This was DD7 and DD7 first trip to Southern California. Thier First trip to any Disney park.
This was my 3rd trip to Disneyland, but first to DCA.
This was my DH 2nd trip to Disneyland, but first to DCA.

Back in December 2011 and early January 2012, when we were planning the trip, I did not yet know about the Dis Unplugged. So we used the Disney website . We let the girls pick which rides were their top choices, and we looked at restaurants. They only sit down meal we planned was Ariels Grotto for lunch, so we made a reservation for Wednesday Jan 18th.

buttons.jpg

Stay tuned for more

DLfan4

Sunday, January 15th, 2012

We got up early and drove ( from just outside Winnipeg) to Fargo, North Dakota. Even though our flight was not until 2 pm, we arrived in Fargo at 9:00 am. We wanted to give ourselves alot of time to drive, since it was winter.

We first went to find the airport and see where the Park and Fly parking lot was. ( I think the parking cost us around $45 us total to park for the week) Then we went out to find a place to eat. We found great home cooked place called "Mom's Diner" . We all have a good breakfast.
After breakfast we headed to the airport. There was no lineup at the Allegiant Air counter, and no lineup at security. We went to our gate, got something to drink and then sat and relaxed until our flight.

Right by our gate they had this cool electronic TV floor with kids games. The floor would change from one game to another. Things like X's and Os, snakes and ladders, etc. You just step on the screen. It was very cool and kept the girls entertained while we waited.

We had a direct flight to LAX. We bought some snacks to eat on the plane.

when we arrived in LAX we took a shuttle to our car rental place, and then drove to the Knotts Berry Farm hotel. We got our room, and then went shopping to get some supplies for the week ( water, breakfast items, snacks to take into park).

The we went to The Outback Steakhouse for dinner. The weather was awesome.

Next up our cousins join us at our first park of the week.

Last edited:

CO2CA

Perpetually Planning
Wow, I'm impressed you can remember such details from over 8 years ago! I forgot they had a city pass.

DLfan4

Wow, I'm impressed you can remember such details from over 8 years ago! I forgot they had a city pass.
It was so amazing that I remember every bit of it. I do have a few small notes jotted down as well to trigger the memories.

I have to get back to this trip report soon, when i have some time to upload some pictures.

thanks for following CO2CA

Connect

Disney News and Updates

SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DAILY EMAIL
Subscribe and never miss out on Disney News, Deals and Updates.