Have you ever given blood? Plasma? Are you an organ donor?

The last time I tried to donate they wouldn't let me because of some of the places I've traveled to. I am a registered organ donor though.

That's a really stupid rule. Is it because of homophobia perhaps, or is there another reason why you can't?
Zika virus, maybe? Or maybe Mad Cow or Malaria? I know when we went to Peru, they were interested in which areas we went to.

Thank you to all who are organ donors and for sharing your wishes with your families.

I want to share our organ donor success story. My daughter was given 3-5 days to live when she was born in 1989. She was able to get a heart transplant from another infant that passed away. Because the family of that baby chose to donate his organs my daughter turned 30 years old last March. There is no doubt in my mind that organ donation saves lives.
Thank you for your wonderful post.

I’m not allowed to give blood unless I’m celibate for at least 12 months before donating. Ain’t gonna happen... And I used to enjoy donating as I’m B- and that type is always in demand.

I thought they were easing up/making changes on that requirement? Sigh. So frustrating.

A year. :laughing: Hey, so sorry I need to give blood instead.

EDIT: Probably heard about the proposed changes here. Canada has now changed to three months abstention for gay and bisexual men.

---------

I used to donate blood and have been grateful to receive.

Organ donation - kidney to a loved one.

I receive 2 units of blood about every three months and I am so very thankful to everyone who donates blood.

Organ donor, yes.

Blood donor, yes, used to be, many times. But one year they tested me and said I had been exposed to TB at some time. This was like 35 years ago. Won't take my blood now. I did donate platelets about 25 years ago, through apheresis, for a very good friend of ours who was fighting cancer. She is still with us.

Reactions: Liz
I saved six lives yesterday:flower1: (thats what the folks at the blood center said, lol)

For the first time, I did the automated donation or apheresis.
Double red cells were collected, and the plasma was given back to me.

The process took longer than a whole blood donation, and I did feel a bit more wiped out after, but hey it's for a great cause!

I'm also a registered organ donor!

I’ve donated blood many times. Really though I should donate plasma. I’m a universal donor for that. I am an organ donor.

Blood and organ donor yes.
Plasma no. Not for any reason other than I don’t think I knew that you could give just plasma.

My 22 year old son donates his plasma for four years now twice a week. I truly hope there's no long term health issues due to it. Anyone else donated for that long?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter