Have you ever done this at your yard sale???

PrincessDana

Mouseketeer
The annual yard sale my family and I have is coming up in two weeks. It is scheduled during our "city-wide" yard sale (the chamber of commerce prints up city maps with all the yard sales marked and they do lots of advertising). Last year we had a great turnout and I'm hoping for the same this year.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone sells bottled water and/or can drinks at their yard sale. OR if anyone would buy these while at a yard sale. (I would have them iced down in a cooler)

I can get a 12 pack of water for $2 right now (@ .75 each that would let me let me clear $7 for each 12 pack). I would sell name brand drinks and make a little less, maybe about $5 per 12 pack.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this??

If they didn't sell, it wouldn't be a big deal because my family and I would still drink them.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

We have sold canned drinks and popsicles before. They sold very well.

If its going to be a hot time og year then they would probably sell,
especially to those bringing kids. We have not done it because it wasnt really that hot during ours--no one looked to thirsty. But we did consider it.

This is very common in my area. I let my own kids do it, and they did pretty well. It's a no-risk proposition since your own family can drink anything that doesn't sell.

Changing the topic slightly . . . I often see kids selling doughnuts or homemade brownies at yard sales. I'll buy a canned drink that I know is safe, but I'm not buying something that the kid may have dropped in the dirt, etc.

I've never tried it, but it sounds like a good idea & would certainly be worth a try since you really have nothing to lose.

Happy Selling!

Depending on the weather - we will sell pop. One thing we do is sell cookies. 6 to a package for a dollar. They go like hotcakes. Our daughter makes at least $20.00 each time. We have one coming up in a couple weeks. Wish me luck!!!

We always sell pop & bottled water at our garage sales! It sells great. One year we tried coffee but no one bought any (it was cold that day). Good luck! Hope you make lots of $$$.

Definitely! Folks are usually willing to buy a little "snack" too - after being out since the crack of dawn hitting all the sales.. Brownies, cookies, muffins, donuts..

The kids sell lemonade and my wife's baked goods, and I do my part by giving the thirsty adults a free beer. By that time of the day the dealers are all gone and the stuff you'd really like to get rid of is left. It helps sell the harder to sell stuff and creates a festive atmosphere :smooth:

We buy donuts, muffins & juice boxes and my kids sell them for 50 cents a piece. We live in a small town about 1800, so people trust us and we trust them will stuff like that.

We sold 56 cans, and packages of chips and cookies as well. Our neighbor tried hot dogs on the grill (not sure how he did). That was at our neighborhood garage sale.....we have tons of people from all over come and it gets really crowded, no one wanted to stop to eat so snacks sold well. My daughter and her friend started out doing it and that lasted 30 minutes, but I had a cooler and they sold well.

When I was little, we would have a big family yard sale, my uncle always had sausage or ham biscuits and coffee for the early birds. That went pretty well.

My DS does this at all of our yard sales. He sets up the picnic table and the cooler. He has me purchase him a case of water and a few cases of soda as well as a case of individual pretzels and then he sells them. He always sells out by lunch time, pays up his tab with me and then waits to be driven to the Disney store to purchase disney dollars with his stash. As he got older he split the profits into three groups though, one third for charity, one third for disney dollars and one third for savings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter