Have you ever complained to Disney and actually had a happy outcome??

1) We had a couple of really minor issues at the Grand Floridian.
2) We wrote a nice letter.
3) We received a letter that comp'd us a whole week for the next trip.

What sort of resolution are you actually looking for at this point?? Your vacation is over, you're not in the "stinky room" anymore, and you will be going back in a few months. What is it exactly that you'd like for Disney to do?

Your kidding right..something for nothing?? I do not need to scam for what is right..I spent over $6000.00 for a family trip and I had a stinky room..let's see how you would react if that happened to you..I am not expecting anything I just want some kind of acknowledgment from Disney...the fact of the matter is that they were transitioning into the "nonsmoking" rooms and never bothered to change the carpet, drapes and bedding..that's not my fault nor my problem..it became my problem when I didn't get a CM who gave a crap about my family vacation and felt that because I was upgraded I should be happy...just because I decided to go back doesn't make it right that Disney hasn't addressed an issue a customer filed against them.

What sort of resolution are you actually looking for at this point?? Your vacation is over, you're not in the "stinky room" anymore, and you will be going back in a few months. What is it exactly that you'd like for Disney to do? :confused:

Another person who actually seems to blame the customer. It's like you people feel as if Disney can do no wrong.

They can and do slip up sometimes. What most people want is the vacation they have been waiting and looking forward to exactly as described in solicitations in exchange for money paid. Disney folks tend to be good natured and optimistic, so customer rudeness is rarely a factor.

If the problem cannot be resolved during the vacation, I want money back because I feel ripped off, cast aside and generally treated with a contemptuous attitude, just like yours.

I'm in the process right now of getting satisfaction. Our 10 day stay was not up to par with any previous visits and you better believe I'm going to bring it to their attention and demand some satisfaction. I don't know what is worse, the phone calls to our answering machine despite the fact that we provided all of our contact information with times to reach us- they call when they KNOW we're not home and leave a robotic message thinking they can mark our file "resolved" or the fact that Disney really does not care about the negative trend I see in the parks and resorts. I have written letters to all management leaders in the Disney organization and when I get a hold of a real live human being, we're gonna have a NICE chat.

Fair play is a Disney TRADITION :worship:

That really sucks you had to put up with a smelly room. When I did smoke they gave me a room one time that was non smoking and told me to smoke on the balcony until they could move us. I obviously pissed off the people around me and they gave a free upgrade to CL smoking room. Totally not exspected but very nice. I just felt bad every time I went outside to smoke and others were mad at me. Soooo glad I dont smoke anymore. Now I am the worst when people are smoking. Go figure.

Your kidding right..something for nothing?? I do not need to scam for what is right..I spent over $6000.00 for a family trip and I had a stinky room..let's see how you would react if that happened to you..I am not expecting anything I just want some kind of acknowledgment from Disney...the fact of the matter is that they were transitioning into the "nonsmoking" rooms and never bothered to change the carpet, drapes and bedding..that's not my fault nor my problem..it became my problem when I didn't get a CM who gave a crap about my family vacation and felt that because I was upgraded I should be happy...just because I decided to go back doesn't make it right that Disney hasn't addressed an issue a customer filed against them.

About five years ago we had issues at the CR, toilet overflow, filthy room, poor housekeeping, I was unhappy but not unhappy enough to boycott. I did complain at the time but that was fruitless.

What I did was before my next trip I called Disney's Relations and very politely told them about my last unhappy visit. Then I told them I was concerned about my upcoming trip. What were they going to do to make sure that this time I had a magical experience that they advertised and not another unpleasant one. The woman I dealt with was very understanding and sent me some Disney Dollars to spend on my next visit...I think it was around $300. I did not ask for anything. I just wanted reassurance that I would not have another unpleasant experience. Our next trip was fantastic.

..that's not my fault nor my problem..it became my problem when I didn't get a CM who gave a crap about my family vacation and felt that because I was upgraded I should be happy...

Did you talk to the same CM every time you asked to be moved or were they all so unsympathetic?

You should have told them that your wife had asthma or something and the smell was making her ill. Sometimes when a problem doesn't dircetly effect someone, they simply don't take it as seriously, but once you add in the potential loss of income from a lawsuit... People's attitudes tend to change when something that initially seems to be an annoyance or inconvenience becomes a financial liability.

You should have told them that your wife had asthma or something and the smell was making her ill

I am the wife ;) I checked back periodically over my trip to see if another room was available and we left the sliders open all day. The one thing I wanted to avoid was to become a constant fixture at the front desk on my family vacation. I spoke my mind and complained whenever we passed the desk...I am the type that usually wouldn't let this go but I did for the sake of my kiddies and hubby who were all willing to live in the "stinky" room if they didn't have to take more time out of their vacation. I thought Disney was more professional then this...The bottom line is we paid a lot of money for a product that they did not maintain and I feel my family is deservant of a nice gesture from Disney to compensate them..in whatever form that is...for our next trip.

We had a not so great experience at BWI in Jan. I emailed guest comm. the day after we returned . Got the auto reply that they had received my message. A week later I snail mailed a copy of my email to guest comm. with a letter saying how disappointed I was that customer service was no where to be found at BWI. Same day I received a postcard from BWI asking me to do an online guest survey. You Bet! Later that week I got a phone call from executive offices saying she did not understand my problem. I explained as I had in my email and was told they had no record of my problem because BWI staff had never logged anything.(Housekeeping had told me they would be exterminating our room. Guess not!) They asked for copies of our tickets :confused3 which I found and faxed. A week later the same women from the executive office called back and appologized for our trouble(first person who did). She then issued us a $77 credit to my credit card (25% of 1 night stay). I was not expecting big bucks just recognition that someone was aware of the poor customer service at a Deluxe resort.:flower3:

I do wonder when the OP actually was at Poly, was it during the holidays (she said couple of months ago)....which could explain no availabiliy for an entire week.

Also, would it of required a "downgrade" to move, which wasn't acceptable? I think that if it has been a couple of months, you aren't going to see "resolution" of any type....seems that would have been handled by a manager at the resort itself. It seems that some of the complaints on the room also couldn't have been resolved, dark decor would be present everywhere......surprised they didn't come back out to redo the carpets once it turned "sour" smelling. As a PP mentioned, maybe there was a problem with the guest before your arrival causing a lot of the problems. Definitely an inconvenience...hopefully your next trip will be better!

If the problem cannot be resolved during the vacation, I want money back because I feel ripped off, cast aside and generally treated with a contemptuous attitude, just like yours.

I'm in the process right now of getting satisfaction. Our 10 day stay was not up to par with any previous visits and you better believe I'm going to bring it to their attention and demand some satisfaction. I don't know what is worse, the phone calls to our answering machine despite the fact that we provided all of our contact information with times to reach us- they call when they KNOW we're not home and leave a robotic message thinking they can mark our file "resolved" or the fact that Disney really does not care about the negative trend I see in the parks and resorts. I have written letters to all management leaders in the Disney organization and when I get a hold of a real live human being, we're gonna have a NICE chat.

Unfortunately there will always be people that want to make a huge issue out of a minor issue. I am not saying you are one of those, but I am sure CM's deal with this all the time, someone comes to the desk, complaining about the view/room/toilet or whatever and wants their money back, etc. Unfortunately when we go "looking for something" and will only accept that, we will never find satisfaction.

As PP have mentioned, usually the most satisfied guests are those that weren't looking for ANYTHING. I have been in rooms that weren't up to par, called and let them try to resolve it, if they couldn't we requested a move. If it couldn't happen than we saw a manager and explained what happened. If still no resolution and it is deplorable than I would not return...if it is Disney or anwhere else. But, I also try to be easy going and not get too upset until all options have been resolved.

Good luck with the phone call, but usually those end with the customer just being more upset after yelling and screaming at someone who doesn't really have control over what happened in the past or the ability to give you what you want (obviously you already have in your mind you need compensation back). JMHO

We had a not so great experience at BWI in Jan. I emailed guest comm. the day after we returned . Got the auto reply that they had received my message. A week later I snail mailed a copy of my email to guest comm. with a letter saying how disappointed I was that customer service was no where to be found at BWI. Same day I received a postcard from BWI asking me to do an online guest survey. You Bet! Later that week I got a phone call from executive offices saying she did not understand my problem. I explained as I had in my email and was told they had no record of my problem because BWI staff had never logged anything.(Housekeeping had told me they would be exterminating our room. Guess not!) They asked for copies of our tickets :confused3 which I found and faxed. A week later the same women from the executive office called back and appologized for our trouble(first person who did). She then issued us a $77 credit to my credit card (25% of 1 night stay). I was not expecting big bucks just recognition that someone was aware of the poor customer service at a Deluxe resort.:flower3:

Last week I posted a thread in the DVC section about BWV. I'm curious as to what your issues were with BW that needed extermination. Our problem was roaches in room 2013. We received a credit of $325 for just a one night stay, when we expected nothing but someone to listen to our concerns. We found the manager more than sympathetic and eager to make our stay better.

1) We had a couple of really minor issues at the Grand Floridian.
2) We wrote a nice letter.
3) We received a letter that comp'd us a whole week for the next trip.

Sorry to jump in here-they comp'd you for the whole week at GF for your next trip?? Wow, that's quite a compensation for only minor issues!!:thumbsup2
It must just depend on who is reading the letter-some CS reps are probably better than others.

One trip down we had a horrible experience with busses when leaving to go back to the All Star Sports.

Now I know they like to pack them on, especially at the All Star's but this was NUTS!

We left a complain at the hotel and ended up receiving a call from the HEAD of transportation!!?!? Not expected at all, but he was GREAT and assured us that he would be looking into the situation.

Anyway, he told us next time we came down to WDW to give him a call. Fast forward to the next summer when we had booked a trip with a split stay at the Grand Floridian and Dolphin. My dad ended up calling him up, totally expecting maybe a gift card to buy some merch. or something small. The person ended up knocking THREE nights off our stay at the Grand Floridian!!! I can't even explain how incredible this was, as we had a special rate at the GF of $199 which even for us was HIGH.... but we wanted to stay in style. The luck of ending up getting the nights for free made it beyond memorable and cemented our opinion that magical things happen when you are nice about things.

About 12 years ago we checked in at GF while they were doing some painting & updating at the resort. When we got to our room, the one without a door, the paint was still wet and the room was full of dust and paint fumes. At first they wanted us to wait in my Aunt's room next door (also dusty and wet) while they got someone to put the door back on, but my Mom could hardly breathe & we insisted on moving. They moved us to CBR. But when we got to the rental van (a whole different terrible story about this trip) it had flat tires from nails that were left in the parking lot. So in the end, Disney paid for some new tires.

About 6 months ago I was cleaning my aunt's office & found a letter from Disney dated in 1997 saying something along the lines of "Thanks for the call, we're sorry about the trouble, here's two complimentary nights at GF." I brought her the letter & she said "well, I guess it's a little late now.":laughing:

Thanks for all the positive feedback...I realize things happen and I have been to Disney several times without an incident..BUT because I have not had even a phone call I was led to believe they just don't care..your uplifting stories have made me believe they do care it just takes time for them to get their act together...;)

I am sorry, what is your point about qouting my response?

Not to butt in here, but I've noticed that some people just click on the quote button when they want to reply to the topic and don't realize that it is responding to someone and not the topic, and it really has nothing to do with the poster. ( I don't know if this applies to you or not...) Sometimes the quick response button works better, but I really don't think its anything personal sometimes?

Last week I posted a thread in the DVC section about BWV. I'm curious as to what your issues were with BW that needed extermination. Our problem was roaches in room 2013. We received a credit of $325 for just a one night stay, when we expected nothing but someone to listen to our concerns. We found the manager more than sympathetic and eager to make our stay better.

I was wondering the same thing?..I figured it was either roaches or bed bugs. Either one..just awful.:scared1: Did they change your room while you were there..I'd want another floor all together.

As far as the Poly..the WET carpet..come on...that's disgusting. Just plain nasty. Why would they put anyone in a room when the carpeting was still wet:confused3 ..especially with all the "mold" issues the Poly has been known to have had.

We had a problem with our room at the Poly approx 2 years ago while they were doing the renovation. We checked in around 8 p.m. to find that the air conditioner in our newly renovated room was not working. We were bugged but made a call to the front desk and they said someone would be on it ASAP. Well we waited and waited and finally fell asleep with the fan on HIGH. So next morning called again, we'll have someone there soon. Okay so we go to MK have a great time and get back to our steamy room. By now I was NOT HAPPY!! I called again and gave them a piece of my mind, they did finally get someone there and it worked for awhile but broke at least once a day everyday. So as soon as we got home I sent a very nice but to the point e-mail to Disneyworld, my message was forwarded to the proper folks over at the Poly and we were sent a voucher for 2 free nights to use on our next trip. I will tell you that I did ask to be compensated, I feel like if they think they can get away with telling you so sorry then that's all they'll do. When I sent my message after our trip I made it clear that I expected to be compensated for my trouble. Good Luck!!

I have complained to Disney twice. Once for something that I felt was pretty big, and once for something smaller, but something that I thought was still important. Both times I sent "snail mail" letters to Disney park executives, which I really think is the way to go, I don't think emails are taken seriously. We received letters and phone calls regarding both situations, and were compensated nicely for our larger complaint. Being someone who works in the customer service industry, I felt everything was handled appropriately.
Hope your next Disney vacation is magical!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter