Have you ever been underwhelmed?

We just returned from a stay at Old Key West and well.......sad to say but I was very underwhelmed!
We have stayed at every value except AOA, every mod, and a few deluxes.. Old Key West is one we will never stay at again. The room was bland, and not really that clean. The counter service had the least variety of any resort I have ever been to. The theming wasn't to our liking either. I kept thinking wonder if we should switch to AKL which we loved and stayed at last September.
Has there been a resort that after staying there you thought ummm never agin?

Two.

Grand Floridian. Dirty room, rude front desk and the worst valet and transportation service on property. Once you get past cute it was such a disappointment!

Coronado (I gave this one three shots) Front desk screwed up all three times final blow as the room with no power which the manager wanted me to "just live with". And the food court, they want to charge for service they need to provide some. And I don't get the need for a desert theme in Orlando in the summer. Just makes it feel that much hotter!

Felt that way about our trip 2 weeks ago. We usually stay moderate and decided to try deluxe. We stayed at WL. I can't complain about anything at WL. It was nice and clean and beautiful. But we just didn't come away saying "WOW". Hard to explain. I guess it's just not "us". Thinking of giving Beach Club a try next.

This sounds just like us. We thought WL was beautiful and the food offerings in CL were outstanding, probably the best food in CL we have had. However, we were just missing a WOW factor...can't quite place my finger on it, but I think it might be because we were just coming off a trip at Poly in Hawaii CL with TPV and we were totally blown away by the renovated Poly room and also the TPV. So in all fairness to WL, we probably would've felt a bit underwhelmed at any resort after our stay at Poly.

Sue M said:
Not really. We've loved each WDW resort we've stayed in, including Poly. But although I loved our stay there, I thought the halls & elevators did not really reflect an upscale $$$ resort. I hear they are doing a total refurb of all the longhouses now, much needed.

As Wood Nymph says there are also benefits of staying at the resorts that are all under 1 roof, but I also love walking along the beautiful landscaping of many of the resorts too, like Poly, & POR.

This is how I felt too!

Yup. ::yes::

In April '11 I booked ASMu for 5 nights in an attempt to save money as I had booked a GF RPC room for the 5 nights following ASMu. I had never stayed in a Value prior (or after) but after researching the resort and its rooms online I thought it'd be a good fit. After all, the only people occupying the room were myself and then 2-year-old daughter.

It turned out not to be my brightest idea. I had zero issues with the resort itself and found it and its themeing to be quite fun. I was incredibly underwhelemed at our room though. While not dirty, it was certainly worn, and our shower dripped endlessly. What really caught me though was the size of the room itself. Reading the square footage online versus seeing it in person was a bit of a shock, and after my daughter's pack 'n play was in place (along with our luggage, her stroller, box of diapers, etc) it was too cramped. After our first night I shot straight to the front desk to inquire about switching to CSR, which thankfully not only had availability for the 4 nights that I needed but had a room ready for us when we arrived to check-in at 9:30am.

I'm thinking of giving the Values another chance next fall as my DD has been bugging me to stay at AoA. I know she'd love a LM room but if I am going to go that route, it'll be in either a Nemo or LK suite. I'm actually kind of excited at the prospect of staying there as I watched in anticipation as the resort was built! It looks like an incredibly fun place, the Big Blue Pool is just calling our names, and I KNOW we'll have ample room in a family suite compared to a standard room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter