Have you ever asked CM to microwave something for you?

KayDox

Mouseketeer
Hi,

Yet another last min question...

I know there is no microwave we can use, but how about handing the micowavable food to CM to have it microwaved?

Has anybody done that before?

Kaye :flower3:

OK never have asked but I know you can't. They are not allowed to take food in to their kitchen that wasn't prepared in their kitchen. I know when we did the galley tour we were told this as its to do with hygene regulations. Also not entirely sure if they have microwaves even in the kitchens.

I don't have the slightest idea, but where would someone warm up baby food. Just popped into my head.

Denise in MI

Hi,

Yet another last min question...

I know there is no microwave we can use, but how about handing the micowavable food to CM to have it microwaved?

Has anybody done that before?

Kaye :flower3:

Are you wanting to microwave at the resort or in the park? There are microwaves in the resort CS areas (at least at the value and moderates)...if you are wanting to use a microwave in the parks, I would think if it were something for a baby they may do it...otherwise, I would not count on it. I almost bet there might be something like a health code it would violate in a food establishment where they are preparing fresh food....however, it never hurts to ask.

I don't have the slightest idea, but where would someone warm up baby food. Just popped into my head.

Denise in MI

We took DS's bottle warmer last time (uses steam to heat things up). Baby
food jars fit in it also. It was a handy, dandy, thing to have because we could sterilize stuff in it too (pacifiers, etc).

No microwaves unless it may be one in the CM quarters, but that is off limits. If you need to heat up baby food, how about asking for a tea kettle of hot water and a bowl. Let the jar sit in the hot water, it works.:hippie:

The water coming out of the hot water faucet is hot, hot, hot. Let it run until it is the hottest you can feel then fill a small container that will hold either a bottle or the baby food jar and heat it that way. This is how my doctor instructed me to heat my children's bottles and food jars. To quote him, "Microwaves can create super hot spots that can burn an infants mouth."

Enjoy your cruise. Kathy

The water coming out of the hot water faucet is hot, hot, hot. Let it run until it is the hottest you can feel then fill a small container that will hold either a bottle or the baby food jar and heat it that way. This is how my doctor instructed me to heat my children's bottles and food jars. To quote him, "Microwaves can create super hot spots that can burn an infants mouth."

Enjoy your cruise. Kathy

Or just put the plug in the sink and fill it with hot water and put the jars in there.

Are you wanting to microwave at the resort or in the park? There are microwaves in the resort CS areas (at least at the value and moderates)...if you are wanting to use a microwave in the parks, I would think if it were something for a baby they may do it...otherwise, I would not count on it. I almost bet there might be something like a health code it would violate in a food establishment where they are preparing fresh food....however, it never hurts to ask.

The poster was on about on the cruise but in answer to your question in the Parks they can't take any backstage to heat for you either because of the fact that there are food health and safety laws and you can't guarentee what's in the food and if they heat it and then the child becomes sick or what ever it could be down to the CM's preparation. Most locations though may be able to provide some hot water in a bowl to warm up a jar of baby food yourself.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter