Have you been to Disney this year and did anyone in your party get COVID?

Did anyone in your party get COVID during a Disney trip in 2022?

• Total voters

8-Bit Wizard

Earning My Ears
I realize it's a biased sample of people, but curious as to what percentage of people got COVID.

Backstory: Heading to Disney in August. On the fence about wearing a mask--I'm 1 of 2 staff at my workplace of 50 people who still wear a mask.

Follow-up questions. Did you wear a mask the whole time? Did you eat indoors/outdoors?

We went last week of April. Mask on plane but no where else. Didn’t even come with with a sniffle, I’m shocked we didn’t even just get a regular cold after our trip! So no, no covid. We all did have it a few months ago so I feel that may have helped somewhat?

We visited WDW 3 times in the last year (May 2020, Oct 2020 & May 2021) and we followed all masking recommendations on each trip. We did not get Covid at WDW.

We just came home on Saturday and I tested myself today and I'm negative. I'm double-vaxxed, had Covid in November, had monoclonal antibody treatment and a single booster (I was advised to wait to be boosted because of the antibodies). We did not wear masks except on the plane.

I think that if you are still masking at work you may want to mask inside attractions and rides. I bought mask lanyards from Amazon last year that worked really well! https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B08H85M69L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 We saw a number of people still wearing masks last week so you won't stick out.

Edited, I just saw this was in the Canadian forum. I live in the US :).

We were in Florida ( Disney as well ) in February. We were all over the Orlando area. NO covid. It was during the reading break week plus we went to the Daytona 500 where there were 102,000 fans in the stands. So it was BUSY everywhere we went. We are both fully vaccinated with a booster. But covid was also trending down at that time in the Orlando area. We also followed wearing masks when we were inside of any building. Because at that time we still needed to test negative to even get onto the plane home.

Our son on the other hand...doesn't gp anywhere except to where he works at Superstore - he contracted it from work - even through they were masking, hand washing etc etc etc etc. I still have zero idea where I contracted it last year - as my full-time job at the time our front doors were closed - and orders were loaded onto trucks with customer either in their vehicle or outside of the bay doors, and my second job, had NEVER had any covid spread just because of our cleaning and ppe wearing.

Went end of Oct just before Omicron started ramping up, wore masks when it was crowded and on transportation, no covid. Currently on a cruise and have thrown caution to the wind, no masks most often. Others are wearing them some places though. Will see how we do :) day 3 of 8.

I would be comfortable at Disney without in most situations, unless it is very crowded. We wore ours on lanyards and put them on when it got busy.

Went right before Christmas (double vaccinated), the 5 of us & over Easter just DD and myself. No both times. I’m more likely to get it at school 🤷🏼‍♀️

No, we got Covid from a Styx concert in Macon 4 weeks before our WDW trip. It was like a really bad cold with the wife taking the worst of it, couching every night. Doctor says we're good now with antibodies until the fall for our next booster.

Went for 2 weeks at the beginning of May...was planning on masking... Less than 1% of people were wearing masks so I decided the hell with it... I have to start living normally of these days. So I always had a mask with me in case I felt I needed it. Never wore it... Did inside dining, shopping, waiting in lines inside. Never got it.

Went 3 times between Sept 2020 and Sept 2021..did not get Covid. Went in Jan 2022 when everyone got Covid, and got Covid. In defense of Disney. We are pretty sure that the first person to get it got it at Denny's...then I got it, and then my cousin. As we were staying in same place. My mom never got, and others traveling at same time as us never got it. It was during masking indoors.

I have been twice since with no masking, no issues. Then again, I have antibodies and triple vaxxed.

Everyone I know was getting Covid in January, so it was not much of a surprise when it happened.

We went in March - 8 of us. We masked indoors but not outdoors. We dined indoors at least once per day.

On our return tests we all tested negative except for my mom who tested positive but had no symptoms. Thank goodness for manulife insurance ! They got rid of the return testing shortly after our trip . It would be a lot less stressful to travel now.

We went at Xmas mind you we did universal and sea world and discovery cove . We did not eat indoors masked indoors and if crowded outside . All home safe.
I work in LTC, we have been to 5 NHL games and all 5 of us still covid free so far knock on wood

Went in February when Disney had lifted the mask requirements. We wore KN95 masks when inside and in some outdoor crowded areas. because we had to test to come home. But we also ate at some indoor dining and no masks once we sat down. No one got Covid.

Just back. Second trip this year. Did not get COVID, but did pick up a flu bug this time around. Likely picked it up at the airport on the way down, judging by the timing. Put a bit of a damper on the second half of the week, but made the best of it. Just be aware, lots more people hacking and coughing in the airport and on flights now, I'd almost forgotten what that was like. A mask on travel day may be a good idea, just to avoid any old cold/flu bug wrecking your vacation. Our immune systems have taken a hit over the past 2+ years.

Went to Disneyland California in January, wore a mask the whole time both indoors and outdoors, did not do any indoor dining, did not get Covid. I am returning in June, will again be the doing the same and will be wearing a mask in the airports and on planes and transport.

Went in January and May this year, following the Disney Mask guidelines for each visit to the parks at the time -mostly masked not / not masked respectively, no COVID on either trip

We technically went in 2021 (December), but I tested positive. My mom did not. I had no symptoms, and only realized I had covid after taking my test to return back to my college. We masked inside (was the rule at the time) and when it felt overly crowded. I did not have my booster at the time, but my mom did.

We are going back in July and plan on masking on the plane, on transportation, and probably on ride lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter