Have you been able to reserve a cabana and not been in concierge?

I've tried for the three cruises we've taken that went there and have yet to be lucky (I do check back frequently, just haven't had luck so far). As of our last cruise we are now platinum so maybe next time my chances will be better..!

We were able to reserve a family cabana on the first day for Gold activity reservations. It was a cruise on the Dream in January a couple years ago. We were the only non-concierge in a cabana that day.

We were number 1 on the waitlist for our last cruise, but nothing came open.

On a Back to Back cruise, we were the first at guest services to waitlist. Never came through. Maybe next time.

Twice. Our first Disney Cruise, on the Dream, we got one on Serenity Bay about 60 days out from the cruise. The second was on the Fantasy and we got it about 20 days out from the cruise.

To get both I checked the website a couple times a day and when one became available grabbed it.

On another cruise we were able to share with a couple that was conceirge and had gotten one and had offered to share via the cruise meet group. That one was on the family beach, and they arranged through conceirge for the cost to be split between the two staterooms.

SW

We are gold for our cruise this June so maybe we'll get lucky. Where do you even go on the website to see details and pricing? I've done searches for cabanas at castaway cay and nothing is coming up.

We are gold for our cruise this June so maybe we'll get lucky. Where do you even go on the website to see details and pricing? I've done searches for cabanas at castaway cay and nothing is coming up.
It'll be under excursions for Castaway Cay. Since they sell out quickly they are usually grayed out at the bottom. I forget the exact costs, but they are pricey.

But they won't be there for me to see the rates until 105 days out? I guess I'm confused because I can see other Castaway Cay options now with rates, just not for the cabanas.

I believe that the ones on the Family Beach are around $620 or so with taxes factored in.

I forget the exact costs, but they are pricey.

CABANAS (
9/25/18 w/12% Bahamas VAT)
  1. Family beach: $599 $670.88 (Sep-Mar 17, 2019) $649 $726.88 (Mar 18-Sept 24, 2019)
    Cabana #21 $949 $1062.88
    Serenity Bay: $399 $446.88
Price includes up to 6 guests on the Family Beach and up to 4 guests on Serenity Bay, additional $50 per person (plus VAT) up to a Maximum of 10 guests. Cabana #21 on Family Beach price is for up to 10 people with a $50 per person additional up to a maximum of 16.

We are gold members and had switched cruises a few days after the booking window opened up. I checked to see if there were any cabana's left and I was able to snag one. I'm not sure we would ever do it again (If we ever get that lucky a second time....) It was a lot of money for the experience.

Yes, as a Silver member, we snagged a cabana twice. The first time was truly a HUGE luck of the draw. Just happened upon an opening one morning on the internet and voila! we got it. The second time we were on a Facebook page for our cruise dates and someone posted they were canceling their cabana. I was on that website lickety-split before someone else saw the post.

The first time we had the cabana we split the costs with 10 people. We were never there together all at once though. We honored the 6 person rule (that only up to 6 people in the cabana at a time). Many of the people were on excursions--snorkeling, the 5K run, and bike ride. Worked out for us that cruise.

The second time we had the cabana I broke my ankle just 5 days before the cruise, so my great adventure was the cabana where I could be sheltered and still on the beach. It was truly a blessing that day.

Last edited:
yes, on family beach, as Gold, the morning after my window opened, on the Wonder (smaller ship), on a 3 day (a lot less platinum passengers?) 4/2017

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter