Have you been able to reserve a cabana and not been in concierge?

tgarre06

DIS Veteran
Have you ever had luck booking a Cabana as a silver member and not been in concierge?

It can happen, but do not count on it. With the new Concierge cabins, it is sometimes hard to get one when being Concierge. On my upcoming cruise, I sent my email to Concierge shoreside a 12:02AM on day 125. I wasn’t able to get one since they were all snatched up by other guests who had sent their emails between 12:00 and 12:02...

On Serenity Bay, yes. I was able to get one right at midnight on booking day for our April 13 Fantasy cruise, and there was one more available as well.

We have gotten one by waitlisting on the ship, so try that also :3dglasses

Where on the ship do you go to get on the waitlist? Port Adventures? Guest Services?

Got one two years ago as a Silver. I was on the Magic out of Miami during Presidents Week. Probably helped that we were all adults so Serenity Bay was perfect.

It turned out to be a blessing as my dad had been scheduled for hip replacement a couple of weeks after the cruise (not known when I got us all checked in and such), but we all agreed it was generally NOT necessary.

It can happen, but do not count on it. With the new Concierge cabins, it is sometimes hard to get one when being Concierge. On my upcoming cruise, I sent my email to Concierge shoreside a 12:02AM on day 125. I wasn’t able to get one since they were all snatched up by other guests who had sent their emails between 12:00 and 12:02...
So does Concierge keep a waiting list

I was able to get it twice, as platinum, and on the classic ships prior to them converting more rooms into concierge. I think now it would be next to impossible to get one.

As a silver, gold & platinum!
Got to be persistent with checking the website and if that fails, put your name on the waitlist as soon as you board.

I was able to get it twice, as platinum, and on the classic ships prior to them converting more rooms into concierge. I think now it would be next to impossible to get one.

I think they had already changed the staterooms when I got one on Serenity Bay. When I looked out of curiosity an hour or so ago, there were TWO available on Serenity Bay for the Wonder cruise in 2 weeks. If only I could get Palo Brunch to open since I want it back after I stupidly cancelled it. :(

On Serenity Bay, yes. I was able to get one right at midnight on booking day for our April 13 Fantasy cruise, and there was one more available as well.?

Same, though I suspect I’m the one who took the other one you saw.

FWIW, we’re silver and I booked #24 at midnight, and then was screwing around a few weeks later and saw #25 had become open so I flip flopped to that one. So I guess that just shows you that you should keep checking.

When I logged in as Silver for our April Dream cruise I was shocked to see that there was a family cabana available. I kept going back and forth about it because it was so darn expensive and when I finally decided to pull the trigger it was no longer available. Should have just reserved it since I could have cancelled later if necessary. Lesson learned!

Both as a first-time cruiser and as silver I saw various Serenity Bay cabanas pop up multiple times as cancellations within the few weeks leading up to the 3-day Dream cruise (I was checking daily for something else, so did not book them). I did see a family cabana once but was too slow on the trigger and by the time I clicked it was taken.

I have nothing to base this on, but I suspect the 3-day and 4-day cruises may see more openings because they have a lot of first time cruisers who don't know what they want and may change minds, whereas veteran cruisers gravitate toward the longer cruises.

I know on our upcoming cruise in April on the Magic two parties got them as gold. Not sure if family or serenity bay. We will be concierge and I asked for any cabana but mentioned my preference and we got my preference.

Wow... I didn't realize it had gotten so insane. I wonder if it is cruise specific (biggest ships = filling up more quickly).

I have twice while I was silver. Watch for them to possibly open up about 3-5 days before the cruise. Sometimes people book them and change their mind.

Silver and never thought it would happen, but yes, we snagged one two days ago. Thank you to the people that canceled their cabana reservation!! I had signed in to check activities as I'm looking for a tasting experience, and noticed one was open.

Keep checking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter