Have to format compupter

Master Mason

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

My computer has something wrong with it, a few programs including lightroom no longer working etc..... guess I know what I am doing tomorrow.

Good luck. I hated when I had to do that. It was a yearly thing for me up until I made the switch to my mac. Obviously, make sure everything is backed up!

Well quit buying your compupters at the pet store! Hehehehehee

Mikeeee

Don't worry about it, I still do it every year on my PCs. It's like cleaning out the fridge; no matter how clean you think you've been keeping it, you can always get rid of some garbage from the back of the bottom shelf and make it smell better.

yea Will I do it about every year now too.... back in the win98 days I did it monthly if not more often.... just a pain, especially when I had pics I wanted to process today...

Never had any luck with restore, it changes the registry and then nothing works right anyway.... I am about half way done with the windows updates.

on here on the kids laptop which is I find out in worse shape than mine, so apparently I will be getting to do this a second time as well....

on here on the kids laptop which is I find out in worse shape than mine, so apparently I will be getting to do this a second time as well....

Ya but with the kids you only have to load the latest game...

THere is nothing like a fresh HD and OS.

DId it often when I was racing sims online.

Mikeeee

actually the biggest problems I have seen with kids, is they just hit install with anything that pops up, no regard to what it is or what it does...

Then they have to have invasive programs to update their myspace pages etc..... but I guess it is the only way they learn...

when I update this one, he will get to sit there with me, let him feel the joy of watching a loading screen...

Good luck Mason! at least when you do the laptop you will know what to do... or walk him through it???

Good luck Mason! at least when you do the laptop you will know what to do... or walk him through it???

yes I know what to do, but it will be a good learning experience for him... I couldn't even get into chat tonight because the kids computer wouldn't load the java program...

yes I know what to do, but it will be a good learning experience for him... I couldn't even get into chat tonight because the kids computer wouldn't load the java program...

How old are the kids?

have them watch the sliders and then read you the options. Then tell them what to click. Then they are realy doing it. And if they click wrong it hurts nothing. since you just wiped the drive anyway.

Mikeeee

How old are the kids?

have them watch the sliders and then read you the options. Then tell them what to click. Then they are realy doing it. And if they click wrong it hurts nothing. since you just wiped the drive anyway.

Mikeeee

he is 15, well if you ask him he is 15 1/2 lol and yes that is my plan, I am going to let him do it, and lead the way for him. It will take me longer that way, but he will learn what to do, and get an apprication for the issues he created.

It was very quiet last night.... didnt miss anything really. check email?

I feel your pain. We had a massive spyware infestation a couple weeks ago. I've scanned multiple times with Spybot and Ad-Aware and everything is coming up clean now, but it's still running very slow, so it's time to wipe it and start from scratch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter