Have DVC ressie, Have Park Tickets - can I buy DDP?

Slsguy

Mouseketeer
We were given the 1 week stay at BWV buy a family friend for a wedding present and they then turned around and got us tickets for the parks as well - I am very lucky my fiance has friends like these! :cool1: One more reason I made the right choice! :rotfl2:

Anyway, I have been doing some reading up on the dining plan and am starting to think it is a good option but l also read I had to purchase it with the park tickets or when you make a reservation through Disney or AAA

Can some tell me if I can even get it now? We don't have park hopper passes, can add those to my tickets and get the Disney dining plan too?

i am pretty sure you can. we already have our reservations but did not buy the plan yet but we are going to.

Yes, you can add the plan. Have the person who made your reservation call MS and add the plan to the reservation. It must be added before check in. You will pay for it at check in.

I had my travel agent add the DDP on after we had bought out tickets. She said I could add it on up to 2 weeks before we arrive at Disney. Enjoy your honeymoon!

patsal said:
Yes, you can add the plan. Have the person who made your reservation call MS and add the plan to the reservation. It must be added before check in. You will pay for it at check in.
This is the correct answer. Obviously the price is $37.99 per adult per night of stay. You must buy the plan for the whole stay.

And DVC allows either members or renters/guests to purchase the dining plan. But as patsal pointed out, it MUST be added prior to check-in. And MS will no longer allow guests to add it for themselves (I hear), it requires that the member call and add it (they have to call member services for DVC, not the WDTC).

Have a wonderful honeymoon, and congratulations on the wedding!

You can upgrade your tickets when you check in. You may want to phrase your request to your friend in way that makes it clear you don't expect them to include that as part of your gift. Something like we're planning on using our cash wedding gifts to pay for our meals. Can you add the dining plan and we'll pay Disney when we check in?

Thanks for the feedback everyone. So if I understand correctly I have to have the DVC member call and add the DDP two weeks prior to our arrival and then I can pay for it when we check in?

Two more questions, 1) I made reservations for a few restaurants before I found out about the dining plan, can I call them back up and switch them. 2) with only about 3 weeks left will I be able to get reservations?

You don't have to add the dining plan 2 weeks in advance. It just needs to make it in the computer system. DVC members have reported adding it the day before. But there is no sense in waiting.

It's a good idea to note on your ADR that you are on the DDP, but it isn't necessary. At this point, no need to update ADR's. Tell your server when you are seated (they will probably ask). The only exception would be for a prepaid meal like CRT or HDDR, which are slightly more complicated if you switch to DDR after the ADR is made. I'd go ahead and fix those ahead of time.

Sure you can still get ADR's 3 weeks out - though you won't necessarily get your first choice of restaurant or times. But it's easier at 3 weeks than 2 1/2 or 2 or 1 1/2 etc. Look at everywhere you might want to eat, be preapred to be flexible and go ahead and call. Today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter