Have DVC reservations for Christmas, but no tickets. How is this supposed to work?

Cruisin Spartan

Mouseketeer
So we have reservations at Riviera for Christmas week, but we let our AP’s expire because we don’t plan on taking a trip in 2021 (our AP’s expired on 1/2/20). That leaves us with no tickets. Obviously they’re not selling tickets right now. Ultimately, can anyone explain how this is supposed to work for us? Are we going to have to decide if a resort only stay is ok, or is there still a chance that we will be able to buy tickets and make park reservations? I might be ok with a resort only stay, but now sure how on board DW or the kids are.

I’ve tried to keep up with the opening plans, etc., but as fast as everything changes it’s been tough. It doesn’t help that work has exploded and kept me busy too.

TIA.

So we have reservations at Riviera for Christmas week, but we let our AP’s expire because we don’t plan on taking a trip in 2021 (our AP’s expired on 1/2/20). That leaves us with no tickets. Obviously they’re not selling tickets right now. Ultimately, can anyone explain how this is supposed to work for us? Are we going to have to decide if a resort only stay is ok, or is there still a chance that we will be able to buy tickets and make park reservations? I might be ok with a resort only stay, but now sure how on board DW or the kids are.

I’ve tried to keep up with the opening plans, etc., but as fast as everything changes it’s been tough. It doesn’t help that work has exploded and kept me busy too.

TIA.
My family has a Dec 2020 reservation too. Per chat I had yesterday on DVC site with a DVC rep, when ticket sales reopen ("later this summer") at that time tickets can be purchased and park reservation made, if there is availability. Before purchasing tickets supposedly you'll be able to check park reservation system. If we can't get into parks, we may cancel our reservation and try for a trip in 2021.

I have the same question that I just posed today.........this is all very confusing. I hate to drop $2k on AP's if Disney will end up closing, or restrictions get even worse. But, I'm thinking that is going to put us in a corner when trying to book a park last-minute in the fall.

I'm hoping Disney opens tickets sales to DVC members first who have an existing reservation before opening ticket sales to the general public. Will have to wait it out and see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter