Have any of your next trip plans changed after the D23 announcements?

You could't make your initial FP for Toy Story and GMR. They are both tier one. You would need to choose one or the other.
Didn't realize and kind of surprised GMR was a tier one, so my plans wouldn't of worked anyway for that day. I got to go back and double check my other plans, I get to choose fast passes on Wednesday morning

Well, nothing is changing for us other than we will for surely get in line for UoE and GMR now...most times we just skip them. Might as well bid them farewell!

Our plans haven't changed. My group is a bit disappointed that they won't get in one last ride on Great Movie Ride during our visit in September. Once our annual passes expire next March, we are planning to take a break from WDW - at least for a little while. We managed to get in 23 days during this year of annual passes and always acknowledged that we would take a break after the year was over.

We are planning to visit Disneyland next summer (2018) and we will probably return to Disney World again in Summer 2019 whether Star Wars is open or not.

I'm stuck in the " should I go in 2018 or wait " phase

I had every intention of going back next year, I will probably waiting until 2019 if I go back. Was put off by the way things were handled and I might just take the kids to Universal next year. It'd be nearly $2000 cheaper and would have unlimited fast passes.

I go every four years and will add a trip in 2020 for Star Wars. Maybe a quick four day fall trip.

I was going to be at DHS on Aug 12 and EPCOT on Aug 13 anyway. If it's not too busy or I get a 4th FP, I might do GMR. Same for Ellen, if the wait is short, I'll go. Won't go out of my way though.

Hi unfortunately it will change my plans.:sad: I am not sure what I will do now. We were going to go in the late summer of 2019 for Star Wars it would be my DD's graduation gift. It looks like it won't open till probably fall. She won't be able to probably go for awhile after August. We still might go but will have to see.

Yep. We are skipping HS totally when we come in September. I don't do RnRC. TOT is iffy for me. GMR, TSM and Star Tours were my go to rides in the park along with strolling around the park looking at the cool facades. I don't think looking at construction walls and fencing sounds appealing. We are done with HS, especially for full price admission, until the Star Wars section opens.

Hi unfortunately it will change my plans.:sad: I am not sure what I will do now. We were going to go in the late summer of 2019 for Star Wars it would be my DD's graduation gift. It looks like it won't open till probably fall. She won't be able to probably go for awhile after August. We still might go but will have to see.

I don't think they said when in 2019 it will open. They did say it will open at DHS AFTER the one in DL Anaheim, but what part of the year is unknown. I don't think we'll know specific timing for a while, but have you considered going to Disneyland instead?

Our next trip is this December. The only thing that really has changed for us after the D23 announcements is how much time we plan to spend at Hollywood Studios. I know it's just one ride closing but we just don't see ourselves spending full days in Hollywood Studios anymore.

How about you all? Any changes to plans you already had?
None. Expect perhaps planning to ADD a "grand gathering" of family for sometime AFTER the SW stuff opens... ... maybe wait for the immersive SW hotel to open... :)

My 2018 trip, no changes. 2019, now I need to figure out do I wait for SWL to open at WDW or do I go to DL. And now I have to figure out how in the world to come up with the money to stay at the new Star Wars Resort when it opens.

Nope, I normally don't book my trips until about 2 months out, at the most 3 months so can't change plans I don't make. We will be there for a long weekend the first weekend in Aug. and we were thinking we would concentrate on AK but now we know we'll ride GMR a few times for a last hoorah. We are thinking we will go some time around the holidays and who knows what next year will hold. We will still go to HS just like we always do but we are AP holders so we park hop a lot.

For the next trip nothing is changing. We have to go when we are planning due to my friend's college graduation and the real fact she may have a new job soon after. So May right after her graduation is it for us. No postponing until Toy Story Land opens up.

However, I am now seriously thinking of going in 2021. So starting to think about when I would want to go exactly. Most likely I would go back to visiting in the Fall for Food and Wine for that one.

Heading in a couple of weeks, short two days, mostly MK with some DHS. Had planned on GMR anyway as DS1 loves it but now DS2 wants to go to Epcot and ride Energy. So .......... guess we will.

We are planning a 2020 trip for Star Wars. I'm thinking I might bump it back a year to 2021 to hit 50th anniversary and do the new Star Wars hotel. I also rewally want to see the new Guardians ride.
It might all be too much so I might leave it like it is is 2020. I just don't know.

Only thing that's changed is getting to DHS ASAP before the GMR closure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter