Have any of you found this extra FP+ in your MDE app/account?

SeaSpray

Disney World fan since 1976
1500263796074.jpeg

I got an email last night from Disney Destinations telling me The Great Movie Ride FP+ that I had made was no longer available.

The email instructed me to sign onto my MDE account to choose a different attraction.

I logged in using my app and see the above when I click on "See All Plans".

I'm guessing that it's an extra FP+ for having our TGMR be unavailable.

The thing is, when you scroll down on the above screen it shows you all of the different rides and attractions in all of the parks that have FP+ access.

I thought I could click on something to check availability and book it, but they aren't links.

Now I'm wondering if it's an Anytime FP+.....??

So, who else has gotten this since the announcements from D23 yesterday??

So, for those who get this, do they get to make a new tier 1 FP to replace GMR, in addition to getting the anytime FP, resulting in 4 FPs? Or is the anytime FP the replacement for GMR, so still just 3?

So, for those who get this, do they get to make a new tier 1 FP to replace GMR, in addition to getting the anytime FP, resulting in 4 FPs? Or is the anytime FP the replacement for GMR, so still just 3?

From what I'm understanding is those that received the anytime FP, that's just a free standing FP that they can use when they get there. But Disney changed their GMR FP to a different ride, so they could change that FP to a tier 1 to replace GMR

Someone who got the FP might have to chime in, but I believe it's the 3 per day, then a one time use anytime FP added on that's good for a few months

From what I'm understanding is those that received the anytime FP, that's just a free standing FP that they can use when they get there. But Disney changed their GMR FP to a different ride, so they could change that FP to a tier 1 to replace GMR

Someone who got the FP might have to chime in, but I believe it's the 3 per day, then a one time use anytime FP added on that's good for a few months

I believe this is correct- that was how our anytime FP worked a couple weeks ago. You should be able to make 3 FP and then use this when/where you want it during your vacation (note it says multiple parks and multiple experiences). @hiroMYhero is usually helpful in explaining FP issues...hoping she will chime in!

I believe this is correct- that was how our anytime FP worked a couple weeks ago. You should be able to make 3 FP and then use this when/where you want it during your vacation (note it says multiple parks and multiple experiences). @hiroMYhero is usually helpful in explaining FP issues...hoping she will chime in!
Hi preemiemama ~ Yes, and you are correct. Even if 1 FP gets converted to 1 Anytime FP, each guest can still have an initial 3 pre-booked FPs.

With an Anytime FP in an MDE Profile, each of the 3 pre-booked FPs must be used during the actual return window to ensure the Anytime FP doesn't get used until needed.

@ArielSRL also has experience with Anytime FPs loaded into her MDE account. Perhaps she can also stop by. :)

Yes, I got one. Posted about it yesterday in the GMR thread.
We got this in addition to a the FP they moved our GMR FP to. I think they moved ours to Little Mermaid, I forget now, I already moved it to something we wanted
So we have 3 for everyday plus this Anytime FP, good for Aug till Nov
Nice thing about, it's even good on Pandora rides

So the extra FP starts Aug. 14th? Man we missed this by three days pixiedust:
I guess they started it that day since that's the day the ride is closed. Not sure why it ends on 11/18 though. That part seemed rather random
@SeaSpray what are your trip dates? Ours is 8/25 to 8/29. Not that it's any help at all to figuring out why these anytime FP go till 11/18

I guess they started it that day since that's the day the ride is closed. Not sure why it ends on 11/18 though. That part seemed rather random
@SeaSpray what are your trip dates? Ours is 8/25 to 8/29. Not that it's any help at all to figuring out why these anytime FP go till 11/18
11/19 is the first day of Thanksgiving Week. Disney probably needed to set an end date prior to Thanksgiving and the Christmas rush.

Last year we were in Epcot when FEA opened and we had a FP when it broke own. We got an Anytime FP in MDE when we were riding the tram to the entry. Four hours later we were still able to use our FP for FEA (they were letting people with FP ride it) and still was able to use the Anytime FP to ride Soarin later that evening.

Yes, I got one. Posted about it yesterday in the GMR thread.
We got this in addition to a the FP they moved our GMR FP to. I think they moved ours to Little Mermaid, I forget now, I already moved it to something we wanted
So we have 3 for everyday plus this Anytime FP, good for Aug till Nov
Nice thing about, it's even good on Pandora rides
I wondered about that- what a great bonus!

8/4-8/11...On the bright side though, my DBF and his mom will be able to take advantage of the extra FP as their trip is in October :banana:

Our trip dates are 8/24-8/31, so basically the same time-frame as yours. :) And I'm psyched that we can use the Anytime FP+ in Pandora :yay:

Hi preemiemama ~ Yes, and you are correct. Even if 1 FP gets converted to 1 Anytime FP, each guest can still have an initial 3 pre-booked FPs.

With an Anytime FP in an MDE Profile, each of the 3 pre-booked FPs must be used during the actual return window to ensure the Anytime FP doesn't get used until needed.

@ArielSRL also has experience with Anytime FPs loaded into her MDE account. Perhaps she can also stop by. :)
Yes, in 2016, we got gifted an anytime FP every day of our trip because of some scheduling issues. Those were given to us after I had scheduled our 3 per day and did not replace any of the pre-scheduled ones. So I think you should be able to schedule another tier 1 to replace the TGMR one and the anytime one is just gravy.

I don't have one in my account, but when I was in the MK in March Pirates went down unexpectedly and our FP magically "turned into" that - it was good for ANY attraction (except for the Mine Train I think?) at any time in the MK that day . . . I've never seen it show up other than day of - or one that was good at ANY park!!! That's cool!

I don't have one in my account, but when I was in the MK in March Pirates went down unexpectedly and our FP magically "turned into" that - it was good for ANY attraction (except for the Mine Train I think?) at any time in the MK that day . . . I've never seen it show up other than day of - or one that was good at ANY park!!! That's cool!
This particular FP is not like a FP that you get when a ride goes down. This one has been given to those who had GMR booked for dates that it has ended up being closed, since it's closing ended up being so soon. That's why it's good at all parks, on all rides and for several months. A nice bonus for certain. The only other time I've seen them give out FP that are good for all parks are if your ride goes down in the last hour of the day. In those cases, since they realize you can probably not use a FP on that day they give you one good for the next day and since they don't know what park you are going to they make it for any park. Well, other than specific guest recovery situations. Those are case by case things though

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter