Have any of you done the Rays, Reef, and Rum Point Excursion with Nativeway?

Kim&Chris

DIS Veteran
I went ahead and scheduled this tour. Based on reports I've read on both these boards and cruise critic, it sounds incredible.

My concern is ...
The Magic docks in GC at 7:30 island time. The confirmation I received from Nativeway requests that we meet them at the dock at 8:15. I know we have to get our butts up early & get tender tickets early (my DH is an early riser so that's not a problem) but will we actually be able to be at the pier at 8:15?? If not, I'll just switch to a shorter excursion (but I really don't want to because I'm so excited about this excursion!)

I'm guessing that some of you have done this tour and would be my best source for an honest opinion.

Thanks!!

we had no problem getting to shore to meet up with nativeway. we just got to the theater at 7:30 and got on one of the first open tenders. We were ashore by 8am, even though we didn't have to meet until 9am. we just browsed some of the shops while waiting. Eldon and his wife run a GREAT business and I can't wait until we go back in November. We'll probably do the same tour you've choosen. We were one of the first ships allowed back into Cayman after Ivan and Rum point wasn't opened, so we just did stingray city.

We've been looking at this exact trip too for our upcoming Western and I have the same concerns as Chris and Kim. Lori, did you find them to be flexible on meeting times? What if we do get ourselves on an early tender but for whatever reason there are delays beyond our control? TIA

Based on things I've read on cruise critic, Nativeway takes pains getting people back to their ship in plenty of time (and have never had one guest miss their ship), but it still gives me chills thinking of the Magic pulling away while I wave goodbye :wave2:

dsny06 said:
We've been looking at this exact trip too for our upcoming Western and I have the same concerns as Chris and Kim. Lori, did you find them to be flexible on meeting times? What if we do get ourselves on an early tender but for whatever reason there are delays beyond our control? TIA
I will say that Eldon made sure everyone on his list had checked in before we left the pier. So, I'm sure if there is a delay in tendering, he'd wait and know about it, since they wait right at the pier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!