Have A Stitchin' Good Time!! WDW & The Dream in March '13! NEW 3/20!

Christmas Eve was a lot of fun at our house! It was the first “official” day of Christmas Break, and D and I slept in a little! We ate muffins and watched “Sofia the First” in our jammies!

IMG_1948_zps64d33eea.jpg

After Brian got home from his shorter day at work, we got ready to head out to dinner with my parents at Chili’s. Before we could go, though, it was time for a few pics with the tree.

IMG_1954_zps8c7af049.jpg

IMG_1955_zps2508abbb.jpg

IMG_1959_zpsc7570832.jpg

Then, it was off to Chili’s. This was the first time we have eaten out with my parents on Christmas Eve. Our whole Christmas schedule was a little different this year, since my SIL had to work Christmas morning. It was still lots of fun, and a fun new tradition.

IMG_1962_zps834e2b7b.jpg

They came back to our house afterwards to see the tree and D’s train and lights. After they left, we got down to Christmas tradition business! First up. . .making reindeer food!

IMG_1989_zps1058340e.jpg

IMG_1995_zpsb35b284a.jpg

With that done, we changed into our Christmas Eve jammies, took a few more pics, and exchanged our family gifts. D got another Mack truck!

IMG_2011_zps4ab2b753.jpg

IMG_2037_zpsb14f4d1e.jpg

Then it was time to put out cookies and a note for Santa, and then head off to bed!

IMG_2042_zpsd737eafe.jpg

A great Christmas Eve was had by all!

what a happy little face! looks like a wonderful Christmas eve :goodvibes

Happy New Year's Eve, everyone!!!

For us, it's also 80 days til Disney!! Woohooo!!! :dance3::banana:

What better way to celebrate both of those than with a . . .CHRISTMAS UPDATE!! :rotfl:

A little bit of Christmas from the Stitchs!

As I said in the Christmas Eve update, our Christmas was a little different this year, but not bad. Part of the change was that we did dinner at my mom and dad’s on Christmas night, instead of Christmas morning. That mean that we didn’t have to fly through Santa and run down there. . .we could take our time! Or, at least that was my thinking.

On Christmas Eve, my mom said (while we were at dinner), “ummm. . .how early do you think you could be there tomorrow?” I said, “Doesn’t Jen (my SIL) have to work?” She said, “Well, yes. But they don’t know if they’ll be there at 2 pm or at 3 pm or sometime earlier.” Ummm. . .ok. D still takes a nap (and is all the better for it), and I knew that with the hubbub of Christmas, he would need the nap!

So, Brian & I decided we would try to get up early and see if Santa came, and then take an early nap! I woke up at 3:30 am. Yes. 3:30 am. By 4 am, I was in the shower and putting on makeup. Dorky, I know, but I promise you that no one wanted to see me in Christmas pics when I had been up that early if I didn’t have on makeup!

About 6 am, I got the guys up. D was SO excited!! Santa brought presents. . .AND Santa wrapped them in MATER paper (D’s absolute favorite)!

IMG_2044_zps3f508ad0.jpg

We took a few more morning pics, and then it was off to the presents!!

IMG_2052_zpsa935742b.jpg

IMG_2053_zps9efc63a8.jpg

Turns out that Santa spotted the same sale Momma did, and D scored! Among other Santa goodness, he got a red “monduhrail”, the “Polyneeshun”, and the “Contemporary-where-they-have-Chef-Mickey’s”! We had to stop right then and put it all together! You can tell how much fun he is having with it! Way to go, Santa!!

IMG_2060_zpsbaa329c4.jpg

I made some muffins for breakfast, and we put together toys. After the toys were put together, Brian and I realized we were hungry for lunch. No problem. . .we needed to eat early anyway, since we would need to speed up to get ready for mom’s. However, I looked at the clock, and it was 9 am! :rotfl: Needless to say, lunch got delayed a while!

Finally, we got lunch, a nap, and everyone ready to head to mom’s!

D & George are ready to go!

IMG_2063_zpsdd056b44.jpg

D was so excited to see Blythe, and she was equally thrilled to see him! Aren’t they a mess?

IMG_2071_zps798e942e.jpg

IMG_2078_zpsecd2461c.jpg

My mom’s pretty tree:

IMG_2101_zps1d0a75a9.jpg

We had a great dinner (at 3 pm, but still dinner). And then. . .it was present time!

We had gotten a special gift for Mom & Dad this year. Their absolute favorite place in the world is at the beach—they love it! Jen found a woman who does commissioned paintings near here, and we were able to have a beachscape done with D & Blythe “in” it, even though Blythe has never actually been to the beach. She took pics of them and incorporated them.

IMG_2138_zpscdd4702b.jpg

Mom & Dad were so excited! I was glad we did it, because they really seemed to like it!

After that, it was time for everyone to open gifts! It was a Disney Christmas for Blythe as well. . .thanks to her Disney-obsessed Aunt Brooke & Uncle Brian!

IMG_2150_zps0745197b.jpg

(Love this Fisher-Price Princess Singing Castle!)

D got more trains! I am not sure we *need* more trains, but he loves them!

IMG_2153_zpsedb0e942.jpg

Blythe also got the Master Moves Mickey—she and D thought it was HILARIOUS!

IMG_2156_zps1e448fcf.jpg

After much celebrating and presents, we came back home to unload and collapse for a while. Just one pic to leave you with of Christmas. . .D insisted that we have these lights to “help Santa find us” (like the outside ones). They are Pixar and the left and right sets have Lightning and Mater on them. The ones in the middle have Toy Story on them. We hung them and plugged them up when we decorated, and yep. . .they are PURPLE and GREEN!!! Merry Purple and Green Christmas!!

IMG_2167_zps21eeff4a.jpg

I hope all of you have a blessed and wonderful New Year’s Eve!! Thanks for supporting my Disney addiction and being a wonderfully happy group!

HELLOOOOOO, 2013!! Definitely excited for this year! Determined to make it one full of joy and memories!

It's funny that it's January 2nd and I, like a lot of people, am trying to make a diet/exercise plan I can stick to to get healthy and lose a few before the trip. . .and my update is about Disney Dining! :rotfl: However, maybe that'll keep me motivated! Knowing I can have the "good stuff" if I can just stick to the plan! :hyper:

So, here we go with Day 2's Dining! Since it's been a while since I did a "trip plan update", just a reminder, this is actually for Friday, March 22nd, after we have arrived on Thursday, March 21st.

As I said earlier, we have a breakfast ADR today! It is at one of my most favorite places in the World. . .CRYSTAL PALACE!! We have been here on every Disney trip we have taken—sometimes for breakfast and sometimes for dinner, but it’s always great!

IMG_1171.jpg

I grew up loving the Pooh characters, and I still do! Tigger is my very favorite! I love to watch D interact with these characters, too. . .for some reason, Piglet is his favorite!

IMG_1175.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1179-1.jpg

D always finds lots of stuff he likes here to eat. . .and I LOVE the chocolate chip pancakes and the stuffed french toast! Brian and I always leave here STUFFED (with food, not fluff!).

IMG_1169.jpg

For lunch, we’re in a debate! We originally planned to eat lunch at Columbia Harbour House.

IMG_1238.jpg

*lobster roll!!

This is another one where we have eaten every time we have gone to WDW! They have terrific food and YUMMALICIOUS Apple Pie!

However, here’s where the debate comes in. . .we *could* go to Be Our Guest for lunch, just to try it out. BUT. . .

At 5 pm (after our little nap break!), we have AN ADR FOR BE OUR GUEST!!! I am so super-excited about this one!! :banana: As I said, Beauty and the Beast is a major favorite of mine! One of our countdown nights (coming up later) is even themed around this so D can watch the movie! I can’t decide if it would sort of damper my dinner impressions to eat there for lunch, or if it would be a chance to see different areas!

Be_Our_Guest_Exterior1.jpg

I don’t know what I’m going to eat yet. I keep looking at the menu and changing my mind! However, I KNOW I will be having some of the “Gray Stuff” just to see if it is truly delicious! ;)

The one possible stress to this meal is the children’s menu. D will want chicken nuggets and fries. We have always been very fortunate to follow the “Disney Secret” that you could get chicken nuggets and fries at ANY Table Service, even if it’s not on the menu. However, I’m going to stop by BOG when we get to MK on Friday morning and just check. If not, I may get him some from a close by restaurant and bring it in!

I cannot wait to see the theming and everything about this fabulous place!

good luck with the diet...yup think everyone is going to be doing that one :rotfl:
we've never eaten at Crystal Palace - its similar to The Plaza Inn at DLR though and we really need to try CP sometime!
I say do BOG for both lunch and dinner, that way you get to experience them both and the menu is different ....fyi you only get the "gray stuff" for special occasions so make sure you have Brian's bday on your ADR"S

Wow! Already to and past the 80 day marker! This still seems a little far, but with the new 60-day online check in, at least I feel like I’m getting close to a big Disney moment!

Our 80 day date fell on New Year’s Eve! So, we combined our celebrations.

Brian has been really sick with a viral cough that will not go away. Poor guy sleeps in the recliner in the living room since he can’t lie down and has been through more cough drops and medicine, but it will not get better. The doctor has said it lasts from 8-10 weeks. Of course, I thought, “Hmmm. . .it should run its course by the trip!” Yes. . .bad wife! :rotfl:

All that said to say that we were really excited that he felt well enough to go out that night (or at least faked feeling well enough)! We knew from the doctor that he wasn’t contagious, so we weren’t infecting the whole restaurant!

We let D pick the restaurant for our New Year’s Eve and Countdown meal, and he picked Buffalo Wild Wings! He loves that restaurant because all of the TV’s fascinate him!

We took some pics before we headed out (of course):

IMG_2191_zpsabd0d7a4.jpg

We changed the countdown calendar—so much fun!!

IMG_2194_zps497ef7e0.jpg

IMG_2197_zps9be17ff0.jpg

Then, it was off to eat! We celebrated 80 days out with chips and salsa, chicken and fries, wings, and nachos! It was a great night!

IMG_2201_zps923c05dd.jpg

IMG_2202_zps67f4f37b.jpg

IMG_2203_zps191b38b6.jpg

Can’t believe we have already celebrated 80 days! The countdown calendar goes up at 70 days, so that’s one to look forward to!

Well, since you are following my PTR, I thought I would come check yours out - I just need to settle in with a large cup of coffee, and start reading! I can already tell from your intro that we are a lot alike - at least when it comes to Disney planning! :rotfl:

Got it all read - looks like a fun trip! You will have to let me know how the cruise goes, we are considering one now that they are sailing out of TX - it would eliminate the airfare for us, plus we can visit my BFF in Houston! :)

My DH has had the same cough for about 6 weeks now. He has had two rounds of antibiotics because he also had a sinus infection at the same time, so now we just wait for the cough to go away...:( So far, I have been the only one NOT sick in our family - ugh!

March will be here so very soon!!! Can you tell I am just as excited? Mostly because once March is here and gone, it will almost be MAY! :cool1:

A very good choice by D with the restaurant! Just wait until he discovers the joys of March Madness on all those tv screens at B-Dubs!! :thumbsup2

Well, since you are following my PTR, I thought I would come check yours out - I just need to settle in with a large cup of coffee, and start reading! I can already tell from your intro that we are a lot alike - at least when it comes to Disney planning! :rotfl:

Hi! Thanks for reading along!! I definitely think we are a lot alike with this planning thing!! :thumbsup2

Love your pics! :cool1:

Thank you!! I am an "over-picturer", but I just can't help it! :)

Got it all read - looks like a fun trip! You will have to let me know how the cruise goes, we are considering one now that they are sailing out of TX - it would eliminate the airfare for us, plus we can visit my BFF in Houston! :)

My DH has had the same cough for about 6 weeks now. He has had two rounds of antibiotics because he also had a sinus infection at the same time, so now we just wait for the cough to go away...:( So far, I have been the only one NOT sick in our family - ugh!

March will be here so very soon!!! Can you tell I am just as excited? Mostly because once March is here and gone, it will almost be MAY! :cool1:

Dang, that must've been one BIG cup of coffee if you read all the way through the report!! :rotfl2: Thanks for reading!!

Ooh, yeah! You definitely need to do one of the cruises out of Galveston! I looked at those, just because I have never been to Texas and would LOVE to go!

Brian got some more medicine today--the doctor finally said it was bronchitis, with some asthma-like spasms, so he got meds and an inhaler. I am hoping that, with those, it makes its merry way right on out of here!

Yep, March is coming soon!! And by the time mine gets here, it'll be practically April, and that's almost May!! :thumbsup2

A very good choice by D with the restaurant! Just wait until he discovers the joys of March Madness on all those tv screens at B-Dubs!! :thumbsup2

Oh, I know!! Everyone thinks it's hilarious that he always picks that restaurant, but he thinks it's great! The football games were on when we went, and he was so excited! He, of course, understands nothing about football, but he thought it was awesome!

Hi Brooke!! My DBF and I will be on the same Dream cruise in March!! Are you only able to check-in for your PAT if you are in Castaway Club?? He said we couldn't do checking in or excursion booking till Jan 8th but it is our first time going. He booked everything (surprise for me!) so he's been taking care of all the details. Glad that you got the 11am PAT! We were hoping for that too but I doubt we'll get it haha. We will make the most of it of course :) We are also hoping to do the Beach Day at Atlantis as it is my first cruise and I'm interested in it. Happy Planning for you!

Hi Brooke!! My DBF and I will be on the same Dream cruise in March!! Are you only able to check-in for your PAT if you are in Castaway Club?? He said we couldn't do checking in or excursion booking till Jan 8th but it is our first time going. He booked everything (surprise for me!) so he's been taking care of all the details. Glad that you got the 11am PAT! We were hoping for that too but I doubt we'll get it haha. We will make the most of it of course :) We are also hoping to do the Beach Day at Atlantis as it is my first cruise and I'm interested in it. Happy Planning for you!

Hi Megan!! That's so cool that you'll be on the same cruise!! You're right--we could check in at 90 days because we had cruised once before. I bet you will still be able to get the 11 am check in time! I know a lot of the excursions are still available! pixiedust: pixie dust for Jan 8th!!

That's so awesome that this is a surprise for you! You will love your first cruise!

Happy planning to you too!! Thanks for reading along!!

Hi Megan!! That's so cool that you'll be on the same cruise!! You're right--we could check in at 90 days because we had cruised once before. I bet you will still be able to get the 11 am check in time! I know a lot of the excursions are still available! pixiedust: pixie dust for Jan 8th!!

That's so awesome that this is a surprise for you! You will love your first cruise!

Happy planning to you too!! Thanks for reading along!!

That's good to know!!! We also might be staying at WL before the cruise. I'm a seasonal CM at WDW so I get my 60% discount (sadly not on this cruise!) so we are tossing around pre and post cruise rooms!

Any tips for a first time cruiser??!!!

That's good to know!!! We also might be staying at WL before the cruise. I'm a seasonal CM at WDW so I get my 60% discount (sadly not on this cruise!) so we are tossing around pre and post cruise rooms!

Any tips for a first time cruiser??!!!

Cool that you are a seasonal CM! I bet that's awesome! I love WL!!

My only advice for first-time cruisers would be to relax and take it all in! Getting on the ship is so amazing....soak it all in! Since we haven't been since 2005, and never on the Dream, I'm planning to follow that advice too! ;)

For some New Year’s Day fun (and because I knew the first week back at work would be crazy!), I went ahead and made the squares for our countdown calendar!

For us, it’s a tradition that it goes up at 70 days out, and that’s coming up this week!

First, the pieces. . .we did it all in red, black, and yellow and Mickey heads this time!

IMG_2216_zps33da2fc2.jpg

Then, assembling the squares

IMG_2218_zps950176f0.jpg

Then we wrote the numbers on, stacked them in order, and they are ready to go for this week!

IMG_2219_zps48103d81.jpg

We hit 70 days this coming Thursday. . .it’s starting to seem a little closer!

Tomorrow. . .day 3 plans! :cool1:

So, we're up to Saturday, March 23rd, if you're a date person like me! :thumbsup2

After our “late night” out at Magic Kingdom, we’re hoping for a good restful night, and then it’ll be back to the Magic Kingdom for day 3 of our trip!!

I am hoping we will get there before rope drop so we can watch the opening show!

IMG_1206.jpg

It is on my list of very favorite things! I cry every single time! ;)

After that, we’ll head back for. . .you guessed it. . .the Mickey & Minnie meet and greet!

Photo0280FourBySix_zps27931b8f.jpg

I am one of the very few people who is excited about Starbucks on Main Street. I will seriously miss Main Street Bakery, but I LOVE Starbucks! So I am looking forward to walking down Main Street USA and having some Starbucks!

Something I know we will do before lunch (if we didn’t have time to do it the day before, and even if we did, we’ll probably do it again!) is:

IMG_1392_zps032dbef3.jpg

IMG_1418.jpg

The Tomorrowland Speedway!!! D thinks this is the “bestest ever”!!

I am hoping for a few more character visits. I asked D the other night which characters he wanted to see. He was definitely set on Mickey and Minnie (shocker!), Donald:

Photo0208FourBySix.jpg

IMG_1461.jpg

*Yes, this is Goofy from Move It, Shake It, Celebrate it! We didn’t actually meet Goofy in MK last time, so we will be on that this time!

I asked if he would go with me to Tinkerbell, but he wasn’t too thrilled with that plan.

I would also like to squeeze in Space Mountain if we could (on rider swap) so we could have the ride photos. What can I say? We are doing the PhotoPass+, so I’m all about the ride photo! :rotfl:

After that, it’ll be some more Fantasyland exploring and some shopping (but of course!!), and then we must also keep one of our Magic Kingdom traditions. What is it?? I’ll leave you guessing for now!

Plans are sounding great! Hope your hubby is feeling better. My girls are now sick...ugh. They have missed the first 2 days back at school after Christmas break.

Love your countdown! Do you just put it up on the wall, or do the pieces connect somehow? I think we will start our countdown at 30 days, but now that we can do online check-in at 60 days, maybe we will start it then!

I have NEVER seen the opening show. No one ever wants to get up early enough. That is changing this trip! We will not have another family with us to dictate what time we leave the resort! :) In fact, I have a RD planned at least once at each of the parks, but I am mostly looking forward to MK! Can't wait to see what else you have planned!

My kids LOVE the Tomorrowland Speedway so I can relate. They have to go on it at least 4-5 times during a trip! This puts a serious wrinkle in our touring plans :goodvibes because the wait times do go up a bit during midday, so it's always nicer to go back-to-back in the mornings.

Hey Brooke...don't know how I missed your Christmas photos before....what a sweet gift for your Mom & Dad :goodvibes the kids look like they had so much fun together! and Santa did great on the gift choices! your mom's tree is very pretty, think she likes snowmen!
love the countdown MH's! your getting closer to starting them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter