Have A Stitchin' Good Time!! WDW & The Dream in March '13! NEW 3/20!

Princess Bette--just noticed that it's just one more day til your trip!! I hope you have a BLAST!! Can't wait to hear about it! :thumbsup2

D looks very cute in his turkey day shirt! hope you can make some new "friends" for the cruise!

16 weeks will fly by! we are getting close to our two DLR trips...can make ADR's Jan 1 for our first trip...still a bummer you can only make them 60 days out and you have to do each day one by one...wish they would use the same system as WDW!

Love the Thanksgiving Day photos!!!

17 weeks til the boys spring break... so... 12 til PJ's... oh my!

I'm so glad you got the first dinners.. I don't want to grab and go all the time when we are on vacation.. and I couldn't imagine doing that on the cruise.. I'd like to relax and eat my meal at a table and someone taking care of me!!

D looks very cute in his turkey day shirt! hope you can make some new "friends" for the cruise!

16 weeks will fly by! we are getting close to our two DLR trips...can make ADR's Jan 1 for our first trip...still a bummer you can only make them 60 days out and you have to do each day one by one...wish they would use the same system as WDW!

Aww, thanks! He thought his turkey day shirt was cool! ;). I think you're probably right and these 16 weeks will go kind of quickly. Especially with the holidays and then busy scheduling time at work.

How awesome about DLR! We are still hoping to got here in 2014. I will definitely have to get info from you for ADRs and everything!

Love the Thanksgiving Day photos!!!

17 weeks til the boys spring break... so... 12 til PJ's... oh my!

I'm so glad you got the first dinners.. I don't want to grab and go all the time when we are on vacation.. and I couldn't imagine doing that on the cruise.. I'd like to relax and eat my meal at a table and someone taking care of me!!

Thanks!!! Wow...just 12 weeks til PJs spring break? For some reason, that seems so close!

I am definitely like you...I kept thinking, "ummmmm....if I can't switch dining, it'll be like the food court at the mall!" :rotfl2: I know that's not exactly it, but I am so relieved that we can just relax and enjoy the dining rooms!

I'd be happy to help you plan! we will probably be going Pres Day weekend in 2014 too, do you know when you are planning to go?

DLR is much easier to plan for meals, not as many to choose from and you can really only plan 60 days out, they don't even release park hours until then for the most part!

D will love Carsland, we can't wait to see it! the first trip Megan's perf dance team will be performing so we are just going with the flow and not really planning much since there will be a big group of the kids and we have some friends coming in for 2 of the days also (3/2 - 3/6) and then the big trip is 3/29 - 4/3 for her 13th bday, staying at the DLH and will be doing a couple tours, etc.

I'd be happy to help you plan! we will probably be going Pres Day weekend in 2014 too, do you know when you are planning to go?

DLR is much easier to plan for meals, not as many to choose from and you can really only plan 60 days out, they don't even release park hours until then for the most part!

D will love Carsland, we can't wait to see it! the first trip Megan's perf dance team will be performing so we are just going with the flow and not really planning much since there will be a big group of the kids and we have some friends coming in for 2 of the days also (3/2 - 3/6) and then the big trip is 3/29 - 4/3 for her 13th bday, staying at the DLH and will be doing a couple tours, etc.

We are probably going in March 2014--it's easier to go for Spring Break. We have thought about going in June (so D wouldn't have to go back to school RIGHT AFTER the time change--we've never dealt with that, so I'm not sure how he'll deal with it). I have been doing some researching, and I was sort of amazed about the planning. . .and the 60 days out! Maybe it'll be more laidback planning for me. . .but I know so little about that park! I am just hoping we can get into GCV at 7 months out. Hmmm. . .that would mean I would be booking that in about a year! Less, if we stick to March!

Megan's 13th birthday plan sounds awesome!! Can't wait to hear all about it!!

Update in next post! :cool1:

So. . .how about some plans for this PTR?? I am so excited (perhaps I’ve mentioned that), and I have all sorts of plans! A little funny Dalton story. . .he is super-excited about this trip, too. So much so, that EVERY night, he says, “Tell me about going to the fotel”. He’s a little bit of an over-planner. . .he likes to know what’s going to happen when (wonder where he gets that??) so we go through what we’ll do each day!

I will do our dining in a separate update (since I intend to be a real foodie on this trip! :rotfl: )

Wednesday, March 20th is our last working day before our trip. Now, I just found out this past week that Kindergarten Registration is the Monday of that same week, so I now have to finagle 3 days off that week. Oh well. . .there are much worse problems to have! ;)

Back to Wednesday. . .D & I will go to work/school as usual, and Brian will go to his work. I will pick D up after work at my mom’s and then we will head home. First thing on the agenda (after playing the Handy Manny “Vacation” song several times in the car) will be to straighten up the house one last time. I know I’m probably a little OCD, but I love coming home from vacation to a clean house!

Brian should be home about 5, and he’ll load the car (we usually pack the weekend before). Then, it’ll be dinner and off to sleep—or for them at least. For me, it will be dinner and “I’m too excited to sleep!” Brian will probably get up about 12:30 am or so, and we’ll be ready to hit the road about 1 or 1:30 am.

IMG_1679.jpg

This is a picture of our car loaded for the Hilton Head trip this past October. I figure this will be pretty much the same. . .only with a few more bags!

I am hoping D will sleep in the car, though on the way to Hilton Head, he slept about 20 minutes. I keep telling him that our “job” on the way down is to sleep while Daddy drives!

About 7 or 8 am, we will keep with a family tradition and stop at that most wonderful of breakfast spots. . .CHICK-FIL-A!!!

IMG_1680.jpg

After breakfast, and of course, some playground time:

2012-10-05_08-25-16_724.jpg

It’s back in the car and headed off!!

I hope that about 10:30 am or so (depending on traffic and leaving time), we will be seeing this:

IMG_0815.jpg

And then this:

IMG_0817.jpg

(though it’s different colors now!)

And then this:

IMG_0818.jpg

We will head to the Concierge Lounge to check in (where as D says, “we hafta be VERRRRRY good and VERRRRY quiet!!”). I am hoping our room will be ready, but if not, that’s ok, too!

Whenever we get in there, we’ll unpack, grab a snack/lunch, and then take a nap (more for Brian than us). D & I may explore the resort while he naps, and then we’ll all get ready and head to Downtown Disney!

We have an ADR for dinner at Downtown Disney (to be revealed later), and I am hoping the weather will be nice enough that we can walk around. . .and of course, SHOP!!

Then, it’ll be back to the Wilderness Lodge (early, I expect) for a quick snack in the CL lounge (that will probably be for D. . .I told him he could have a cookie!) and then off to dream our Disney Dreams and get ready for our first park day!

planning for DLR is much easier - I really don't do much of it anymore since we've gone so much :rolleyes1 other than booking meals and tours...3 months until we leave for the dance trip, which will be so fun, heck how many people can say they performed at DLR :dance3:
I'm hoping to start a PTR next week to cover our year of trips and Haiti too...since we are getting the Premiere AP this next year, got to get my $$ worth out of it :lmao:
let me know if you have any questions....I can get you some maps when we go!

sounds like a great travel and first day plans! just so cute that D is a little planner - you are teaching him well :goodvibes
oh my can't believe he is headed to kindergarten next year....he's not our little SIOB anymore :sad2:

have a great weekend!

planning for DLR is much easier - I really don't do much of it anymore since we've gone so much :rolleyes1 other than booking meals and tours...3 months until we leave for the dance trip, which will be so fun, heck how many people can say they performed at DLR :dance3:
I'm hoping to start a PTR next week to cover our year of trips and Haiti too...since we are getting the Premiere AP this next year, got to get my $$ worth out of it :lmao:
let me know if you have any questions....I can get you some maps when we go!

sounds like a great travel and first day plans! just so cute that D is a little planner - you are teaching him well :goodvibes
oh my can't believe he is headed to kindergarten next year....he's not our little SIOB anymore :sad2:

have a great weekend!

I think that's awesome that they are performing at DLR! Definitely a lifetime memory!

I can't wait to follow your PTR! I know your year of trips and especially Haiti will be amazing! And ooooooh, the Premiere AP! Awesome! We had looked at getting the DVC APs this year when they announced the discount, but with D wanting to go back to HHI in the fall, we won't use enough days.

I know--I can't believe that he is off to kindergarten next year! He is all about it--can't wait to go! I, on the other hand, am amazed that he's that old this fast! However, I am pretty sure I know who his teacher will be, and he will be in good hands! That will make it easier on me!

Another real life update under this post. . .

This year, D is all about Santa! He has decided we have to have everything ready for Santa to come and see us.

We took him a couple of weeks ago to see Santa. He was all prepared to tell Santa exactly what he wanted, but when we got up there, he chickened out of going on his own. I went up with him, and he said, “Now, Momma, can you PLEEEEEASE tell Santa what I want?” I had him whisper to me, and he said, “Some trains, and the Polyneeeeeeeshun resort for my monorail!” Too funny! I think we have definitely Disneyfied our child!

Here are our pics from that fun event:

20121110101224_0001_1.jpg

20121110101203_0001_1.jpg

I think by the time he is brave enough to do Santa by himself, he won’t want to do Santa any more! :rotfl:

cute photos with Santa :) you'd think he'd be okay talking with him since he does it at Disney with the characters.

we are very excited for the dance trip...and the Premiere AP too, makes much better since $$ wise and we will get a bonus trip in 2014 too :banana:
I hope to start the PTR on Wed....going to scrap all day today to finish our Aug trip and tomorrow I'm at school to volunteer.

got it started today...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028844

cute photos with Santa :) you'd think he'd be okay talking with him since he does it at Disney with the characters.

we are very excited for the dance trip...and the Premiere AP too, makes much better since $$ wise and we will get a bonus trip in 2014 too :banana:
I hope to start the PTR on Wed....going to scrap all day today to finish our Aug trip and tomorrow I'm at school to volunteer.

got it started today...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3028844

Love that you got your PTR started! 4 trips. . .YAY!!! :yay:

Yes, I've never figured out what it is about Santa that unnerves D. He loves the concept of Santa, but in person, it's not usually a great thing!

New planning update coming below! :)

Ok, it probably goes without saying, given that we’re doing Club Level, Deluxe Dining, and a cruise, but we LOVE food. I really do! Not in an unhealthy way. . .though I could stand to lose a few pounds, to be sure, but I just love to have good food!

So picking our dining is always so much fun for us! We start to plan that on the way home from a previous trip as well.

On Day 1, since we will get to Wilderness Lodge around lunch time (or a little before), we will probably do lunch at Roaring Forks. I know that’s a sort of waste of a credit that could be table service, but we LOVED it last time. I am hoping it is pulled pork flatbread day, because that was yummalicious!

IMG_1005.jpg

I don’t know what we’ll eat. . .I liked everything last time! I can guarantee, though, that D will have chicken tenders and fries! He loves them!!

Dinner that night is at a new favorite of ours. . .Fulton’s!! We have an ADR for 5:30, which is late enough to make up time if our room is late opening, but also early enough that we can get in bed a little early after driving all night.

IMG_1253-2.jpg

We ate there for the first time on our June 2012 trip, and we immediately fell in love with it. I will have this again:

IMG_1262-1.jpg

It’s crabcakes on fried green tomatoes! Yummalicous!

Brian had this last time, and I would bet on a repeat performance:

IMG_1264-1.jpg

D will probably stick to his usual chicken and fries, though I did manage to get him to eat some fruit here last time! We’ll hope for the best!!

IMG_1263-1.jpg

I am definitely looking forward to this meal, and I am so excited that we can try it again!!

thanks for stopping by at my PTR...yup 4 trips, but then we will be done probably until spring break 2015 for Megan's 15th bday trip, hopefully we can meet up then!!!

day one food choices look very yummy! I need to start working on our list for WDW!

maybe D doesn't like Santa's beard :confused3

Good preparation for the drive to MK/WL!!!!

I'm so glad the kids have Ipods now.. we don't hear from them on our drives!
Now that we have 4 drivers we can pull later drive days...

Can't wait to hear more!!!

Off to see Lisa's PTR!

As for Santa, C despised visiting him.. I have 1 photo of him and he was screaming... never had him go back.. he would wave and send a note with PJ... If not visiting meant he did not receive Christmas he was okay with that... He was skiddish around people in costumes... luckily he was never that way with the Disney characters!

thanks for stopping by at my PTR...yup 4 trips, but then we will be done probably until spring break 2015 for Megan's 15th bday trip, hopefully we can meet up then!!!

day one food choices look very yummy! I need to start working on our list for WDW!

maybe D doesn't like Santa's beard :confused3

That's terrific about the 4 trips. . .though it is amazing to think about Megan being 15 so "soon"!!!

I LOVE Disney food! It's always so fun to plan the list!

The beard may be the thing, though I'm not sure. He's really not much for "face" characters at all, so that may be what's up with Santa!

Good preparation for the drive to MK/WL!!!!

I'm so glad the kids have Ipods now.. we don't hear from them on our drives!
Now that we have 4 drivers we can pull later drive days...

Can't wait to hear more!!!

Off to see Lisa's PTR!

As for Santa, C despised visiting him.. I have 1 photo of him and he was screaming... never had him go back.. he would wave and send a note with PJ... If not visiting meant he did not receive Christmas he was okay with that... He was skiddish around people in costumes... luckily he was never that way with the Disney characters!

Yep, I think I may hook D up with my Ipod on the way down! At least until he falls asleep! Brian and I talked about it, and we are hoping to be on the road by 1:15 am. . .hoping that will help D sleep better on the way!

That's too funny that C was like that about Santa, too! D is quite happy for someone else to pass along his wishes to Santa! Just so he doesn't have to sit up there by himself! ;)

I know so hard to believe how fast she's growing up :sad2: still like seeing the little girl in her peak in once in awhile :goodvibes
we love eating at Disney too! heck no dishes, no cooking is always a plus to me :thumbsup2

I know so hard to believe how fast she's growing up :sad2: still like seeing the little girl in her peak in once in awhile :goodvibes
we love eating at Disney too! heck no dishes, no cooking is always a plus to me :thumbsup2

I totally agree with you about no cooking and no dishes!! :thumbsup2 Definitely the way to go! My only problem is that when we come home, I'm still thinking, "Hey, wait! There's no where to just go and get something!!" :rotfl:

Update coming below....

I have to admit, Christmas is one of my very, very favorite times of the year! I love everything about it! I used to really stress myself out during this time of year, but this year, I read something that really stuck with me. Gretchen Rubin (the lady who wrote “The Happiness Project”) wrote an article in Good Housekeeping about Christmas. She said that she, too, used to really stress out, until she began thinking of it as “no investment, no return”. I really like that! I love to enjoy all of the holidays, and D’s reaction, plus the love and laughter of family, so if it means a little more work to make it happen, then let’s do it! :banana:

Ok, little motivational aside over. ;) In keeping with that, though, I’ve tried to plan a few new traditions, as well as to repeat some older ones for this year.

This was one of our new ones. On December 1st, we took D to the Santa Breakfast put on by the PTO at his school (his daycare is located in the Primary School). He was SO excited!

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1751.jpg

IMG_1756.jpg

I’m not really sure which was more exciting—the fact that Momma & Daddy were BOTH with him at his school or that he got to eat breakfast and see Santa!

IMG_1761.jpg

IMG_1767.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

We all had a good time, and it was a great new tradition!

that's what I don't like about vacation be over, is back to reality and cooking/cleaning ...

great you aren't feeling the stress of Christmas...I always try to have it done early so I can relax and enjoy the last couple weeks before hand!

cute photos from the santa breakfast! nice to see D's scrunchy nose smiles again :)

FYI - I posted some memory lane Disney photos on my PTR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter